Poetry

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Firehearth
Location: At a place where I'd wish you were instead of me(The Netherlands)

Poetry

#1 Post by Firehearth »

"We won't know the actuals if we never take the chance
I think we're compatible but I might be wrong
In any case my folly will become clear before long

As I light yet another I reminiscense
Of when the moon was round I my heart tensed

It might be impractical but then again so am I
Love holds no answers to the irregular why"

Something I've been experimenting with recently is melody; writing from within to melancholic tunes that reflect my mood. It helps me with the rhythm, and it gives me idea's on how to properly add vocabulary to feeling. It's always a trade-off between one's ability to reflect and how others connect with the given themes. I've kept a lot of poetry to myself past year, but I'm in a great place right now where any direction suits me. To certain degree this poem reflects that comfort, but I hope it doesn't come across as indifference.

Anyways, let me know what you think!
All the best,
Firehearth
Now open in Gondor:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Lord_Fireheart/nowopeningondor.jpg[/img]

Bearer of the award: Most Active Member 2004
Facade19

Re: Poetry

#2 Post by Facade19 »

Do I sense something new? My my, you have taken a different turn in your style. I did not feel the strong imagery that I am akin to your poetry, but you do notice the strange flirtation with melody. I suspect the trade off has to occur in order to achieve something new. I like it. I think your ability to combine the tone of your poem with your rhymes make it rather more declaratory. It is strange. I am not really accustomed to this manner, but I need to sleep on it and read it more.
Facade19

Re: Poetry

#3 Post by Facade19 »

Firehearth wrote:"We won't know the actuals if we never take the chance
The first words already draw me in as a reader, and I am impressed with your invitation to meet you in your expressions. I am not sure where you want to lead me, is it a place where you want to share yourself, or rather where you want me to find a little piece of myself.
Firehearth wrote: I think we're compatible but I might be wrong
Firehearth, this is just beautiful. I really mean it. How simple, yet eloquent you tell whoever this is for what you feel. No riddles, no beating around the bush. Man, if only I could be this straight forward. Like you are telling me, "It's okay to be simple, lowering down your guard and mask" for how can you believe you are compatible with someone but being the true you?
Firehearth wrote: In any case my folly will become clear before long
And then you turn to poetry to find solace in case your heart's longing will falter. The poet's haven from pain. That in case you see that no what hoped and thought of is anything but what it really is.
Firehearth wrote: As I light yet another I reminiscense
Of when the moon was round I my heart tensed
:cry: Firehearth, you summed the past 10 years of my madness with two lines. :cry:
Firehearth wrote: It might be impractical but then again so am I
Love holds no answers to the irregular why"
Like a philosophical prophet, you reach a conclusion, but yet wondering whether this bitter taste is really all there is. You see how futile it is, but yet, deep down you wish you could have that feeling you before this enterprise, because that feeling was better, is better and will be better than anything words written on dead paper tress can amount to.

Or at least this is how I read your poem. Firehearth, please keep writing and posting here! :!: