Introspective

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Firehearth
Location: At a place where I'd wish you were instead of me(The Netherlands)

Introspective

#1 Post by Firehearth »

He regards his surroundings with contempt
Slowly losing his grip on hope
Loneliness leading him to smoke and mope
fearing his sanity crumbling

He tries to maintain perspective
Every step he takes becomes reflective
An atheist at heart
Convinced that death is not a new start
His indifference is what scares him most

How does one invigorate a man as conflicted as him
Now he resorts to distraction and illusion
Numbing his mind into confusion

Far away from home, his mind runs amok
Yet he knows these conflicts are human
Expressing them, despite their intensity, gives him peace
Now open in Gondor:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Lord_Fireheart/nowopeningondor.jpg[/img]

Bearer of the award: Most Active Member 2004
Firehearth
Location: At a place where I'd wish you were instead of me(The Netherlands)

Re: Introspective

#2 Post by Firehearth »

Hey everyone... up there is one of my recent poems. Some of you may know me better of the earlier days of Asur.org, when I was overly active on any Warhammer related subject. Recently I have used the site more as parking space for some of my thoughts and poetry. I'm currently on an exchange program away from home. I've spent the past 3,5 months in Delhi, India. Away from friends and family, but I can honestly say that I'm having a great time over here. I've come consider where I am right now home; with a group of friends I can share my time here.

Poems are a really diverse method of expression for me; sometimes writing a couple of thoughts down in verse really helps me drive away remorse, anger and spite before they take root. It helps me gain perspective. None of my poetry is truly from a first person perspective; I let my emotions run amok and create an imaginary character that is inspired by some of my feelings, but not me as a person. Expression helps, expression can allow growth.
If you have any thoughts on these reflections or on either of the two pieces of poetry I just posted, please share them with me. Thank you :)

Cheers,
Fireheart
Now open in Gondor:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Lord_Fireheart/nowopeningondor.jpg[/img]

Bearer of the award: Most Active Member 2004