Musings on Shadow Warriors

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Arondight

Musings on Shadow Warriors

#1 Post by Arondight »

Q: Just how agile are Shadow Warriors, anyways?
A: Let's just say if you have your normal, paved, nice Asur road, and there are a few leaves on it, any Shadow Warrior worth his or her salt will be leaping around and walking strictly on the leaves.

Q: I've heard that Shadow Warriors, contrary to popular thought, can miss their tar-
A: This target has been eliminated. Next?

Q: How do I join the Shadow Warriors? I can't find their schools!
A: As an indication to Ulthuan and the rest of the world of the art of how to "hide in plain sight", one of the most prestigious Shadow Warrior schools is located directly in the marketplace square of Lothern. Yes. You can walk into it, but you can't see it.

Q: How in the world do these Shadow Warriors get into [insert place here?]
A: They're very good at disguises. Remember that toaster saleself?

Q: Help! I'm a druchii, and I think there are Shadow Warriors after me!
A: Relax. Do not panic. Sip a glassful of water and immediately run to the nearest warcamp. Heaven forbid if you're taken prisoner. That is a fate just as bad as death.

Q: Why? Do Shadow Warriors kill their prisoners?
A: Do fish swim in water?

Q: What does it mean when a Shadow Walker's hand is glowing red?
A: It means that the palm of his or her hand is glowing with an awesome power, and its burping grip tells him or her to defeat you. Be prepared to be consumed by the anger, love, and all the sorrows of said individual in one climatic burst. You will explode very shortly after.

Q: I've heard that the Shadow Warriors also have sets of named techniques, just like the Swo-

Q: What is the "Tily Fork'el Atakette?"
A: The closest translation is something along the lines of "Pointy Fork Attack." It involves small Asuryan and Khaine takeout cartons, a plastic dining fork, and one really, really pissed off Shadow Warrior. You can try to figure out what happens from there.

Q: What do Shadow Warriors do when there is no battle to be had?
A: Ever wonder how 'Asuryan's, Caledorian Fried Dragon, and Khaine's Club get their food to you so fast? There's a VERY good reason for that. A very, very good one.
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/amaranthwtlu.gif[/img]
Colors are fragrant, but they fade away. In this world of ours, nothing live forever. Today, let us cross into the realm of reality, and let there be no shallow dreaming.

Farewell.
Musashi

Re: Musings on Shadow Warriors

#2 Post by Musashi »

Arondight wrote:Q: Just how agile are Shadow Warriors, anyways?
A: Let's just say if you have your normal, paved, nice Asur road, and there are a few leaves on it, any Shadow Warrior worth his or her salt will be leaping around and walking strictly on the leaves.

Shadow Warriors avoid unshadowed avenues.

Q: I've heard that Shadow Warriors, contrary to popular thought, can miss their tar-

Unforthunathely, youth mythed thith one.

Q: How do I join the Shadow Warriors? I can't find their schools!
A: As an indication to Ulthuan and the rest of the world of the art of how to "hide in plain sight", one of the most prestigious Shadow Warrior schools is located directly in the marketplace square of Lothern. Yes. You can walk into it, but you can't see it.

Entrance exam is finding the entrance.

Q: How in the world do these Shadow Warriors get into [insert place here?]
A: They're very good at disguises. Remember that toaster saleself?

I think it depends on the size of their endowments, which tend to prioritize visual senses, rather than scanning other recognizable facial features.

Q: Help! I'm a druchii, and I think there are Shadow Warriors after me!
A: Relax. Do not panic. Sip a glassful of water and immediately run to the nearest warcamp. Heaven forbid if you're taken prisoner. That is a fate just as bad as death.

They'll nail you one way or another.

Q: Why? Do Shadow Warriors kill their prisoners?
A: Do fish swim in water?

Probably anger issues and suspension of the Geneva conventions for the duration.

Q: What does it mean when a Shadow Walker's hand is glowing red?
A: It means that the palm of his or her hand is glowing with an awesome power, and its burping grip tells him or her to defeat you. Be prepared to be consumed by the anger, love, and all the sorrows of said individual in one climatic burst. You will explode very shortly after.

Obviously, Shadow Warriors watch too much anime and don't study enough martial arts manuals.

Q: I've heard that the Shadow Warriors also have sets of named techniques, just like the Swo-

Just because there's a typo in the AB, doesn't mean we can't still swat arrows shafts out of mid-flight when we want to. Besides, we still strike first.

Q: What is the "Tily Fork'el Atakette?"
A: The closest translation is something along the lines of "Pointy Fork Attack." It involves small Asuryan and Khaine takeout cartons, a plastic dining fork, and one really, really pissed off Shadow Warrior. You can try to figure out what happens from there.

He's hungry thirty minutes later?

Q: What do Shadow Warriors do when there is no battle to be had?
A: Ever wonder how 'Asuryan's, Caledorian Fried Dragon, and Khaine's Club get their food to you so fast? There's a VERY good reason for that. A very, very good one.

Shadow Warriors will work for minimum wage; however, it's important to tip well, to show appreciation and avoid cultural misunderstandings.
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1317/1015107388_6c67a9c5d3_o.jpg[/img]
[color=red]Surprise is an event that takes place in the mind of the enemy commander[/color]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdU1F54FEOU]Crowbot_Jenny[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1AfDgZttw]Sunrise[/url]
[url=http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhrhr5JLBY1qc2rnro1_500.jpg]avatar[/url]
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jrt6b/The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5/]The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5[/url]

[i]But this did not surprise them, for as it is written in the Great Elven Book of Knowing:[/i] Isn't life just one bloody thing after another.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#3 Post by Luna Guardian »

Musashi wrote:
Arondight wrote:Q: Just how agile are Shadow Warriors, anyways?

Shadow Warriors avoid unshadowed avenues.
Partially untrue. Any avenue a Shadow Warrior enters is immediately shadowed. Unless the Shadow Warrior wishes otherwise. They can also hide in direct sunlight.
Musashi wrote:
Arondight wrote:Q: How do I join the Shadow Warriors? I can't find their schools!

Entrance exam is finding the entrance.
And entering unnoticed.
Musashi wrote:
Arondight wrote:Q: Help! I'm a druchii, and I think there are Shadow Warriors after me!

They'll nail you one way or another.
Yes. They can nail you upside down or sideways or to a wall or to a tree or...
Musashi wrote:
Arondight wrote:Q: What does it mean when a Shadow Walker's hand is glowing red?

Obviously, Shadow Warriors watch too much anime and don't study enough martial arts manuals.
Either that or they've insane and think that their hands are talking to them. Either way, when a Shadow Warrior is listening to his hand, prepare to die. Of course, you won't know when a Shadow Warrior is doing anything, so be prepared to die at any minute.
Musashi wrote:
Arondight wrote:Q: I've heard that the Shadow Warriors also have sets of named techniques, just like the Swo-
But what about th-
Musashi wrote:
Arondight wrote:Q: What is the "Tily Fork'el Atakette?"

He's hungry thirty minutes later?
I doubt it, unless the enemy is very, very small.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
draxynnic

#4 Post by draxynnic »

Ack! Didn't realise these were still going until I went looking to see if I could find Luna's general's name...
Luna Guardian wrote:
Musashi wrote:
Arondight wrote: Entrance exam is finding the entrance.
And entering unnoticed.
...and then making contact within without being killed in the process. A popular option is find the latrine and announce yourself to the next Shadow Warrior looking to use that latrine through the protection of a nice, thick door.
Musashi

#5 Post by Musashi »

draxynnic wrote:Ack! Didn't realise these were still going until I went looking to see if I could find Luna's general's name...
Luna Guardian wrote:
Musashi wrote:
And entering unnoticed.
...and then making contact within without being killed in the process. A popular option is find the latrine and announce yourself to the next Shadow Warrior looking to use that latrine through the protection of a nice, thick door.
Bonus points for submergence endurance.
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1317/1015107388_6c67a9c5d3_o.jpg[/img]
[color=red]Surprise is an event that takes place in the mind of the enemy commander[/color]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdU1F54FEOU]Crowbot_Jenny[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1AfDgZttw]Sunrise[/url]
[url=http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhrhr5JLBY1qc2rnro1_500.jpg]avatar[/url]
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jrt6b/The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5/]The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5[/url]

[i]But this did not surprise them, for as it is written in the Great Elven Book of Knowing:[/i] Isn't life just one bloody thing after another.