Tales from Tor Skylla

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

~Milliardo~

Tales from Tor Skylla

#1 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Removed for editing and re-niggling. :3
Last edited by ~Milliardo~ on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Milliardo~

#2 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Removed
Sir Cyris deLonse

#3 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

I just had time to read the first excerpt and I'm impressed, it was a very enthralling read and I am looking forward to reading the rest of it, my friend. This mysterious swordsmen is a captivating character!

Your writing style is very.. nice.. for lack of a better word! But it flows and doesnt feel forced in its description. I particularly enjoyed your characterization as both the swordsmen and the boy both felt like real entities instead of simply plot devices.

Keep it up, Milliardo
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/Mel_Reyna/Cyris-sig.jpg[/img]
[i][size=75]If this is all a dream, don't wake me up.[/size][/i]
[quote]Now thats funny. Cyris, I knight you 'Sir Witty for the day'.[/quote]
findel

#4 Post by findel »

That was a very pleasant moment of reading. Well done Milliardo.
Also, there are a multitude of female characters, and not so many men, which might irk some of you.
So the story is going to be long, cause we barrely hear about that Bernadette and that's the first cleavage in the story. Do you redo all your background when one of your main character dies in battle ? Is it going to be as long as star trek?

Hope to read more from it.
~Milliardo~

#5 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Removed
Fenrir

#6 Post by Fenrir »

Hehe, this is nice reading. :D

I really like how you describe the old knight. :)
Anyway, keep it up! I will continu reading this.
~Milliardo~

#7 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Remove-ed.
Last edited by ~Milliardo~ on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
findel

#8 Post by findel »

Still really good. Hope you are not stooping there cause nobody answered to your last post. If it is the case then here it is. Milliardo your story is so good, if you don't continue, I'll kill myself.
~Milliardo~

#9 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Vaporized
Last edited by ~Milliardo~ on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Milliardo~

#10 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Well, that's the end of the first story, I hoped you enjoyed it. If I'm honest, I think the last chapter had too much "And then... and then... and then..." to it. I have a lot more ideas in mind, and could easily do several more short stories, but I'll wait to see what people think.

Please post your comments, suggestions and questions.
~Milliardo~

#11 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Nothing at all people? Not even any negative comments? :(
findel

#12 Post by findel »

Still the same, that was nice, I will not make any suggestions on your writing style as I am not really able to judge but it's not hard to read and is fluent.

About the story itself, wtf, skavens dying and asking for more? They would have flee right after Archibald killed the first ogre.

And the high elves arriving at the end. Still living on the old continent, but it is during the bretonnia empire, so after the elf withdrew cause of the dwarf and DE invasion in hulthuan. So what are they still doing there? If you do continue I hope the story will be about them.

I am again the one encouraging you Milliardo but there is obviously others people following your tales, just by the number of viewing, but not everybody leaves a message even if they want to see the story continue.
~Milliardo~

#13 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Bzark!
Last edited by ~Milliardo~ on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenrir

#14 Post by Fenrir »

I starting to like this more and more. :D
How you described the two of them meeting I really enjoyed. Looking forward to read more.
~Milliardo~

#15 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Also gone!
~Milliardo~

#16 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Meow!
findel

#17 Post by findel »

I haven't read the last part but I will comment on your previous post ~Milliardo~.
~Milliardo~ wrote:A story in which a pleasant, if uneventful trip over hill and forest dale is related, further mysteries begun, peculiarities of character and of the elven gait and method of locomotion given depth, and hidden cities revealed, all of which are artlessly dangled before the reader's nose by the author to the great frustration of all.

That sounds as a narrator explaining the story. Really weird felling when I read that, I sounded as the guy from futurama saying "welcome to the world of tomorrow", for those who know. Sorry for the poor reference.
~Milliardo~ wrote:With horror, she watched as he started placing fine needles into the wizened throat of the old knight
So I see that elves invented acupuncture? Nice thinking there. I tend to solve all the problems in a fantasy world with magic. I remember, when I used to play RPG that my game master make mages appear when he was out of ideas or when it was easier that way. You could just introduced a mage or priest (with magical powers anyways) to heal the Archibal.

And a lost city in the vault mountains, the last refuge of elves before they cross the sea again. It sounds familiar to me. Have you read the silmarillion from Tolkien? There is the same city lost city of elves in a hidden valley, the last powerful kingdom of elves before they decide to abandon the old world, being chased by Melkor.
~Milliardo~

#18 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Where's Waldo?
Last edited by ~Milliardo~ on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
findel

#19 Post by findel »

A message where the authors of this post praise the authors of the previous one...
~Milliardo~ wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen...

A tale in which several new elves are introduced rather too quickly for my tastes (so that the rather flighty author has enough stakes to keep the tent of his interests pinned firmly to the ground), rivalries are introduced, embarrassing and amusing moments occur for Lady Bernadette, and great fun is had by all at her expense.
Is it me or is that writing style have never been used in any books I've read. I don't know if it has a name, if it's something really stylish I don't know about or if it's just you. For your sanity, I ask you to stop talking about you (when you mention the author) at the third person, unless you want to develop schizophrenia. :wink:

I don't know if you (or any other reader) did make the link between the lost city of Gondolin (I made some research after my last post) and Tor Skylla. For those you loved the lord of the ring, you must read the silmarillion where Tolkien explain about (another completely different of course) lost city in a vale. here is a picture that might fit Tor Skylla as well ?

For the rest, I begin to be attached to you personages, lady bernadette (even with that ridicule name), your last character koun who at least will bring some smiles and the old archibald (hope he will recover soon) for more don quichotte action.
Baalan

#20 Post by Baalan »

first things first, Miliardo i have yet to comment and for that i feel i should apologise ;) but rest assured i am following all this with interest...

findel...if there is a need for a comparison between Tor Skylla and a place from Silmarillion i would think Nargothrond makes a far better choice than Gondolin dont you think? i am asking you since i dont know why, as i read it this is what comes to mind...dunno the whole 'feeling' of the city or something...(appart from the reference to being in a valley)

Nargothrond - the great underground fortress on the river Narog, founded by Finrod Felagund and...

i aint saying the rest about it lest it is indeed what our talented friend Miliardo has taken inspiration from and therefore spoil his plot...which he should get his bloody buttocks off his couch drinking wine and continue!!!!!
:P

cheers!
"Full of pride and sorrow for what i am gonna do with tears in my eyes and a dream in my heart...Nagarythe shall endure..."
~Milliardo~

#21 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Not here!
Last edited by ~Milliardo~ on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
findel

#22 Post by findel »

I still to wonder. Why no answer ? Please ~milliardo~ continue that.
~Milliardo~

#23 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

If anyone is curious about this, PM me and I'll send you the story. :3