Rust

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Starie

Rust

#1 Post by Starie »

I would think this to seem cynical, but that was not its intent. I do hope you enjoy for whatever worth it may be.

Rust

Our cities and creations begin to rust
Our morals and beliefs have turned to dust
Through a spectators eye’s we watch and learn
As our greed and guilt fade our faith in turn

Stop the corrupt and stop the depraved
For it just carry’s on our masquerade
If we seek freedom and wish what’s just
Then why does our world continue to rust

I do look forward to any praise or criticism that this poem may attract.

Thank you.
:)
findel

#2 Post by findel »

Really nice one Starie. It capture well the way I believe elves are. But that might be the problem. It would have been wrinten by an elf that shouldn't have felt the same. For instance, the ''masqurade'' would come from an human point of view. An elf wouldn't think that from it's own kind.
Facade19

#3 Post by Facade19 »

findel wrote:Really nice one Starie. It capture well the way I believe elves are. But that might be the problem. It would have been wrinten by an elf that shouldn't have felt the same. For instance, the ''masqurade'' would come from an human point of view. An elf wouldn't think that from it's own kind.
The funny thing is that as a human you state what an elf would feel. :P
Starie

#4 Post by Starie »

I am very happy you liked it, though even more pleased about your thoughts on the matter, thank you. :P
findel

#5 Post by findel »

Facade19 wrote:
findel wrote:Really nice one Starie. It capture well the way I believe elves are. But that might be the problem. It would have been wrinten by an elf that shouldn't have felt the same. For instance, the ''masqurade'' would come from an human point of view. An elf wouldn't think that from it's own kind.
The funny thing is that as a human you state what an elf would feel. :P
yup. Doesn't make sence at all? But it's the point of my post. We don't have Mr Spok posting on this forum so we might ask Milliardo about that since it seems that he is what we have closer to an elf, at least his hair and crazy posts.

I also realized that this poem might refer to our civilization, not only the fantasy.
~Milliardo~

#6 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Now thats strange... why do you think I'm at all like an elf? I take that as a compliment, actually.

I like the poem, but I feel it applies more to our real world than to the elves of Ulthuan. I'm often bothered by the impermanence of everything around me. Because of it I don't like to leave my home except with loved ones, and instead try to establish 'walls' to shield me from the outside world... which makes me sound like I've given up on people. I see groups of people who are genuinely trying to do 'good', as I see it, but I have no faith in my ability to help them, so I'd rather just stay out of everyones way and be by myself.
I foolishly train in archaic methods, teach myself to cook, and meditate daily as if it might somehow do someone else good, when in truth I'm really just doing it to justify my own selfish, lazy existence. My only hope is that by providing a peaceful, stable, temple-like home for my loved ones, I'll somehow be able to influence them into helping others...

I'm sorry, what were we talking about? Well, thats my selfish, drama queen nature again. Anyway, the poem is nice, and I relate to it, and in some cases I believe its true, but for a High Elf to feel that way, I do believe he would soon be going over to the Dark Elf cause soon, or at least a Shadow Warrior. Great poem though. I don't usually read this section of the forum. I'll have to glance through it from time to time now, thank you for the PM.
findel

#7 Post by findel »

Now thats strange... as well. It just take your name to summon you on a thread. One more further proof that you have magic power and therefore that you are an elf.

On topic, Starie, did you actually wrote that thinking of warhammer fantasy or our own world ?
~Milliardo~

#8 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Starie sent me a PM asking my opinion of his poem after you mentioned my name. I'm not Beetleguese. :3
Starie

#9 Post by Starie »

I cheerfully thank you for your response, though much of it was quite interesting to say the least. The poem was indeed written with our own world in mind Findel, but another interpretation could easily be reached from its meaning.

Though truly Milliardo, what spirit could have taken me… that I cannot recall the private message in question?! :wink:
~Milliardo~

#10 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Haha, it was quite a foolish thing to ask me my opinion, but I'm glad you did anyway.
findel

#11 Post by findel »

It just take your name to summon you on a thread. One more further proof that you have magic power and therefore that you are an elf.
~Milliardo~ wrote:Starie sent me a PM asking my opinion of his poem after you mentioned my name. I'm not Beetleguese. :3
Sorry to mess with you. I don't want you to get confused. I was the one to send you the PM but failed to recognize it later to support my argument about you having magic power and threfore...
Starie wrote:Though truly Milliardo, what spirit could have taken me… that I cannot recall the private message in question?! Wink
Or when it get sweet cause you confused somebody who then trap somebody else... 8)
~Milliardo~

#12 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Well, I wasn't confused... but now... haha