The Worst Way to Kill Malekith Ever

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Original Dragon Prince

The Worst Way to Kill Malekith Ever

#1 Post by Original Dragon Prince »

I was musing the other day and a strange idea struck me for an end to the saga of Malekith.

Prince Tyrion falls in love with a beautiful, dark-haired elf maiden named Arothim. After several months of courtship, Tyrion decides to hold a lavish party at which he will announce their engagement. The day of the party arrives and all the great lords and ladies of Ulthuan gather for the feast. Tyrion rises, hand in hand with Arothim, and prepares to make his announcement. Suddenly, there is a roar of thunder and a gaping, black portal is torn in the sky. The Witch King of Naggaroth descends on his dragon and snatches Arothim up. He taunts the enraged Tyrion saying "If you wish to save your future bride's life, come to my citadel and take her. I shall be waiting, Princeling." Malekith closes the portal and is seen no more.

As Tyrion is preparing to leave for Naggaroth alone, Eltharion of Tor Yvresse approches him saying "I shall join you, friend. I too would see Malekith dead and the threat of the druchii ended." The two heroes set out in a ship bound for the dark shores of Malekith's kindgom.

Disguised as druchii nobles seeking an audience with the Witch King, Tyrion and Eltharion are taken into Malekith's throne room. Arothim stands chained to the side of the dark lord's throne as Malekith himself rises to greet his visitors. He says "Your disguises are no longer necessary. I know who you are and why you have come. Draw your weapons, let us end this."

The two Asur leap at the Witch king and the duel commences. Malekith is driven back by the onslaught, but turns the tide when he bashes Eltharion into a wall, knocking him senseless. The fight continues and the Witch King slowly wears down Tyrion's defenses. Just when it seems Tyrion will fall, he feels a surge of rage and power flow through him. He looks over to Arothim, and sees her eyes glowing purple as she mutters some strange incantation. With his newfound strength, Tyrion fights back furiosly, driving Malekith up the stairs to his throne and finally taking off both his hands in one elegant motion. The Witch King watches, dumbstruck as Arothim tells Tyrion to finish him, a dark smile on her blood red lips. Overcome with hatred and drunk with power, Tyrion beheads the defenseless Malekith, and frees Arothim. Arothim reveals herself to be none other than Morathi, The Hag Queen, and anoints Tyrion as the new Lord of Naggaroth. (get it? Arothim, Morathi? Letter swap!)

Morathi tells her new champion that the time is ripe for Ulthuan to fall. Tyrion sends an invasion force to strike from the north, while he sails around the island to Vaul's Anvil, where he hopes to steal artifacts of power to help him in his campaign.

Eltharion, who was imprisoned in Naggaroth, breaks free and stows away on Tyrion's ship. When the new Dark Lord arrives at Vaul's Anvil, he slaughters the priests and orders the artifacts to be loaded onto his ship. As Tyrion stands in the great forge contemplating his imprending victory, a figure appears, cloaked in white and more beautiful than the stars. It is the Everqueen, and she pleads with Tyrion not to follow his dark path. Tyrion is now completely evil, and he reacts in anger, knocking the everqueen to the ground and screaming that the Asur are the true enemy.

Just then, Eltharion arrives and tells tyrion to come to his senses. Tyrion tells him "If you are not with me, then you are my enemy!" Eltharion replies "Only a druchii deals in absolutes."

"Don't make me kill you!" says Tyrion. "I will do what i must" says Eltharion. Tyrion retorts "You will try."

The two combatants close and John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra join in with a moving, tragic theme.

Tyrion is the better swordsman but he is blinded by rage, and Eltharion knows his style and keeps the raging young elf at bay. They fight at speeds that human eyes can barely follow as they leap and spin across the bridges inside the volcanic forge. Finally, Eltharion jumps up to the very rim of the volcano's crater and shouts "It's Over, Tyrion, I have the high ground!" Tyion yells back, "You underestimate my ability to do backflips!" and he vaults into the air.

Eltharion spins and in one sweep of his blade, he cuts off Tyrion's arm and both legs. The crippled prince falls to the ground beside the pool of lava and screams in agony as his flesh is seared. With tears in his eyes, Eltharion tells him "You were like my brother! I loved you!", but Tyrion howls "I HATE YOU!" as his once golden hair ignites and burns away.

Eltharion sadly walks away, leaving his old friend for dead. However, Morathi soon arrives on her dark pegasus and bringes the dying Tyrion back to Naggaroth.

Hotek, the fallen priest of Vaul seals Tyrion into a massive suit of armor like that of the Witch King. Morathi awakens him and when he sees what he has become, he throws back his head and howls into the night "NOOOOOOO!!!!"

THE END
Last edited by Original Dragon Prince on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warhammer, at it's core, is a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. As long as all choices in an army book fall under these categories, with their inherent strengths and weaknesses, there is balance. Imbalance occurs when the designers make a Rock that is immune to Paper. Daemon Princes, Ironblasters, etc.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#2 Post by Eldacar »

Moving this to Storytelling.

Oh, and it's been established in the background that Tyrion is utterly devoted to Alarielle, to the point where he actually doesn't cheat on her, noted as being an oddity on Ulthuan. Tyrion happens to be Alarielle's consort already as well.
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.
Original Dragon Prince

#3 Post by Original Dragon Prince »

I knew that. i just needed a way to give Tyrion a relationship with someone who would corrupt him. I didn't know whether or not to put it in story telling or off-topic since it is a complete Star Wars parody.
Warhammer, at it's core, is a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. As long as all choices in an army book fall under these categories, with their inherent strengths and weaknesses, there is balance. Imbalance occurs when the designers make a Rock that is immune to Paper. Daemon Princes, Ironblasters, etc.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#4 Post by Eldacar »

Original Dragon Prince wrote:i just needed a way to give Tyrion a relationship with someone who would corrupt him.
You didn't say what the way was, though. You just said it happened, which makes no sense. Parody or no, perhaps you should have picked different characters?
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
Original Dragon Prince

#5 Post by Original Dragon Prince »

Perhaps you're right. It was just one of those "wouldn't it be funny if...." thoughts that I felt was worth expanding upon. Thanks for the pointer though.
Cenyu

#6 Post by Cenyu »

I actually had to chuckle towards the end. Nice one.
[i][size=75]Narza Scornsong - 14/13/9
Swordsaint of the Thalukhaindar[/i][/size]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/khaindar3x47g.gif[/img]
Musashi

#7 Post by Musashi »

Original Dragon Prince wrote:Perhaps you're right. It was just one of those "wouldn't it be funny if...." thoughts that I felt was worth expanding upon. Thanks for the pointer though.
In the beginning, I couldn't see where this was heading, Eldacar being correct, Tyrion's pretty much committed to Alarielle, and I doubt that even deepest political necessity would force him to marry anyone else.

It was only when the story reached the volcano, that I understood the inspiration *cough* rip-off *cough* for it.

It's not that I don't doubt that Morathi couldn't seduce almost any being in Warhammer (not to mention at this end of the dimensional vortex), but with Tyrion, that made the story implausible.

Still, keep writing.
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1317/1015107388_6c67a9c5d3_o.jpg[/img]
[color=red]Surprise is an event that takes place in the mind of the enemy commander[/color]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdU1F54FEOU]Crowbot_Jenny[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1AfDgZttw]Sunrise[/url]
[url=http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhrhr5JLBY1qc2rnro1_500.jpg]avatar[/url]
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jrt6b/The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5/]The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5[/url]

[i]But this did not surprise them, for as it is written in the Great Elven Book of Knowing:[/i] Isn't life just one bloody thing after another.
Cenyu

#8 Post by Cenyu »

Musashi wrote:that I understood the inspiration *cough* rip-off *cough*
Pro hint: I think it is not meant seriously but humorously (Major spoiler! Mark to read!)
[i][size=75]Narza Scornsong - 14/13/9
Swordsaint of the Thalukhaindar[/i][/size]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/khaindar3x47g.gif[/img]
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#9 Post by Eldacar »

Original Dragon Prince wrote:Perhaps you're right. It was just one of those "wouldn't it be funny if...." thoughts that I felt was worth expanding upon. Thanks for the pointer though.
Oh, I got the joke. It's just that the characters you picked didn't make much sense, and I didn't see the 'way' you were talking about.

Spiked-Lord

Re: The Worst Way to Kill Malekith Ever

#10 Post by Spiked-Lord »

Original Dragon Prince wrote:"Don't make me kill you!" says Tyrion. "I will do what i must" says Eltharion. Tyrion retorts "You will try."

The two combatants close and John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra join in with a moving, tragic theme.

Tyrion is the better swordsman but he is blinded by rage, and Eltharion knows his style and keeps the raging young elf at bay. They fight at speeds that human eyes can barely follow as they leap and spin across the bridges inside the volcanic forge. Finally, Eltharion jumps up to the very rim of the volcano's crater and shouts "It's Over, Tyrion, I have the high ground!" Tyion yells back, "You underestimate my ability to do backflips!" and he vaults into the air.

Eltharion spins and in one sweep of his blade, he cuts off Tyrion's arm and both legs. The crippled prince falls to the ground beside the pool of lava and screams in agony as his flesh is seared. With tears in his eyes, Eltharion tells him "You were like my brother! I loved you!", but Tyrion howls "I HATE YOU!" as his once golden hair ignites and burns away.

Eltharion sadly walks away, leaving his old friend for dead. However, Morathi soon arrives on her dark pegasus and bringes the dying Tyrion back to Naggaroth.

Hotek, the fallen priest of Vaul seals Tyrion into a massive suit of armor like that of the Witch King. Morathi awakens him and when he sees what he has become, he throws back his head and howls into the night "NOOOOOOO!!!!"
Someone has stolen a few ideas from starwars methinks....
Cheesy vampire players take the o out of vampire counts!
[img]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr315/spiked-lord/BannerPNGVersion.png[/img]
Paraicj

#11 Post by Paraicj »

Star Wars? Really, must have missed that. Great original fiction Original Dragon Prince! :D
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[i]Dread Lord Zakhital Goremane the Incompetent, 181 kills 5/22/11
[color=red][b]Vaul's Vengeful Villain[/b][/color]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
Draknir Reaverblade

#12 Post by Draknir Reaverblade »

Spiked-Lord wrote:Someone has stolen a few ideas from starwars methinks....
Spiked-Lord, you're a genius.
[img]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/Draknir/Draknir_sig.png[/img]
Kithail

#13 Post by Kithail »

Of course, your story lack a sub plot.

At the same time, during the War of the Mages, all the Great Masters of the White Tower of Hoeth are sent to different places in the Warhammer World, to wage war against the humans, commanding powerful guards of White Lions.

Yet, the Swordmasters were able to discover the truth about Arothim being Morathi, and Belannaer is sent along with the best Swordmasters to capture her in her palace. Although Morathi slays the swordmasters, she is unable to deal with Belannaer, because he is both the best swordmaster in Ulthuan and an accomplished mage. Belannaer is close to dispose of Arothim when Tyrion arrives. Belannaer demands Tyrion to let him kill Arothim, but the elven prince cuts his arm just before Arothim blasts him away with a blast of Dark Magic.

After that, Arothim, being the princess and consort of Tyrion, infiltrates the Chracian troops guarding the wizards all around the world and is able to give them a special magical suggestion called the "Order 99". In the middle of the fighting, Arothim activates the magical mass mind controlling spell and the White Lions turn against the wizards they are protecting, killing them. Almost all the wizards perish, along with the swordmasters of Hoeth. Tyrion himself commands an army of White Lions in an assault against the White Tower itself, where only the apprentices of High Magic remain, and slaughter them all. Finubar, (Yeah, senator ORgana, who else) visits the Tower and flees just in time before the troops of Tyrion kills him.

Only Teclis, fighting in Lustria, survives, after eliminating his own White Lion Guards, and with the help of two Kroxigors that were his friends during the campaign against the Dark Elf forces fighting against the lizardmen. Teclis flees the jungle and arrives to the Temple of Asuryan.

At the same time Eltharion is fighting Tyrion in the volcano, Teclis faces Morathi in the room of the Princes council inside the Temple of Asuyan, but in the end is defeated by the powerful magics of the Druchii Sorceress. Defeated and humiliated, Teclis flees and takes Alarielle with him, who is waiting twins of Tyrion, with the help of Finubar.

Alarielle dies giving birth in a far away island. The male kid is taken to Araby to be raised by a distant relative of the Aenarion line, while the female is adopted by Finubar and made a Princess of the Fortress of Dawn, where she eventually will become the leader of a rebellion against the evil empire of Tyrion and Morathi. However, the fortress itself will be prey of a super duper magical warp cannon mounted in a massive Druchii ship called the "Death Ark", originally planned by Malekith but built by Morathi and Tyrion. The Death Ark itself will be eventually destroyed by Tyrion's son, who was briefly trained by Eltharion.

THE END

(P.S. The possibilities are endless.

I would change the beginning of the story. Tyrion is still in love with Alarielle, but they concieve twins, and both are afraid of the council of princes looking down on them because of Finubar being the King. Tyrion dreams with the death of Alarielle giving birth, and Arothim appears to tell him to follow her guidelines to save Alarielle's life. That is what corrupts Tyrion in the end)
http://kithail.mybrute.com
Spiked-Lord

#14 Post by Spiked-Lord »

Draknir Reaverblade wrote:Spiked-Lord, you're a genius
Why???
Kithail wrote:I would change the beginning of the story. Tyrion is still in love with Alarielle, but they concieve twins, and both are afraid of the council of princes looking down on them because of Finubar being the King. Tyrion dreams with the death of Alarielle giving birth, and Arothim appears to tell him to follow her guidelines to save Alarielle's life. That is what corrupts Tyrion in the end)
sorry but this is now starwars overkill...
Cheesy vampire players take the o out of vampire counts!
[img]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr315/spiked-lord/BannerPNGVersion.png[/img]
Original Dragon Prince

#15 Post by Original Dragon Prince »

Kithail wrote:Of course, your story lack a sub plot.

At the same time, during the War of the Mages, all the Great Masters of the White Tower of Hoeth are sent to different places in the Warhammer World, to wage war against the humans, commanding powerful guards of White Lions.

Yet, the Swordmasters were able to discover the truth about Arothim being Morathi, and Belannaer is sent along with the best Swordmasters to capture her in her palace. Although Morathi slays the swordmasters, she is unable to deal with Belannaer, because he is both the best swordmaster in Ulthuan and an accomplished mage. Belannaer is close to dispose of Arothim when Tyrion arrives. Belannaer demands Tyrion to let him kill Arothim, but the elven prince cuts his arm just before Arothim blasts him away with a blast of Dark Magic.

After that, Arothim, being the princess and consort of Tyrion, infiltrates the Chracian troops guarding the wizards all around the world and is able to give them a special magical suggestion called the "Order 99". In the middle of the fighting, Arothim activates the magical mass mind controlling spell and the White Lions turn against the wizards they are protecting, killing them. Almost all the wizards perish, along with the swordmasters of Hoeth. Tyrion himself commands an army of White Lions in an assault against the White Tower itself, where only the apprentices of High Magic remain, and slaughter them all. Finubar, (Yeah, senator ORgana, who else) visits the Tower and flees just in time before the troops of Tyrion kills him.

Only Teclis, fighting in Lustria, survives, after eliminating his own White Lion Guards, and with the help of two Kroxigors that were his friends during the campaign against the Dark Elf forces fighting against the lizardmen. Teclis flees the jungle and arrives to the Temple of Asuryan.

At the same time Eltharion is fighting Tyrion in the volcano, Teclis faces Morathi in the room of the Princes council inside the Temple of Asuyan, but in the end is defeated by the powerful magics of the Druchii Sorceress. Defeated and humiliated, Teclis flees and takes Alarielle with him, who is waiting twins of Tyrion, with the help of Finubar.

Alarielle dies giving birth in a far away island. The male kid is taken to Araby to be raised by a distant relative of the Aenarion line, while the female is adopted by Finubar and made a Princess of the Fortress of Dawn, where she eventually will become the leader of a rebellion against the evil empire of Tyrion and Morathi. However, the fortress itself will be prey of a super duper magical warp cannon mounted in a massive Druchii ship called the "Death Ark", originally planned by Malekith but built by Morathi and Tyrion. The Death Ark itself will be eventually destroyed by Tyrion's son, who was briefly trained by Eltharion.

THE END

I would change the beginning of the story. Tyrion is still in love with Alarielle, but they concieve twins, and both are afraid of the council of princes looking down on them because of Finubar being the King. Tyrion dreams with the death of Alarielle giving birth, and Arothim appears to tell him to follow her guidelines to save Alarielle's life. That is what corrupts Tyrion in the end)

Great scott! What have I done?
srpelicano

#16 Post by srpelicano »

Kithail wrote:Of course, your story lack a sub plot.

THE END

I...uh...don't know what to say there.

Would Alith Anar come in at the last minute to save Tyrion's son from being blasted by Tyrion as he makes his way to the destruction of the death ark, as Eltharion uses his mage abilities to communicate with Tyrion's son?
Musashi

#17 Post by Musashi »

"What amuses you, brother?" asked Tyrion as he strides across the High Loremaster's bed chamber, during one of his infrequent visits to the White Tower.

"I was Seeing across the Multiverse in my Scrying Mirror , searching the outcome of possible futures, and a written saga with you as a protagonist appeared in the glass, " answered the Archmage, waving his hand towards the item in question. "It has some amusement value." He smiled sardonically.

Tyrion glances in curiousity towards the floating document viewed in the Mirror. He suddenly stiffens and turns to Teclis.

"The webways, do they still
function ... ?"
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1317/1015107388_6c67a9c5d3_o.jpg[/img]
[color=red]Surprise is an event that takes place in the mind of the enemy commander[/color]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdU1F54FEOU]Crowbot_Jenny[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1AfDgZttw]Sunrise[/url]
[url=http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhrhr5JLBY1qc2rnro1_500.jpg]avatar[/url]
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jrt6b/The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5/]The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5[/url]

[i]But this did not surprise them, for as it is written in the Great Elven Book of Knowing:[/i] Isn't life just one bloody thing after another.
Aleraen

#18 Post by Aleraen »

See? I keep telling people, but no one believes me: Space Elves. The way of the future, man. It's gonna be huge. :P
[b]Sirist Cadsane[/b]

"The world is not as it should be; that Time has not yet come."
Minsc

#19 Post by Minsc »

He says "Your disguises are no longer necessary. I know who you are and why you have come. Draw your weapons, let us end this."
Haha, this made me spit coffée all over my keyboard, damn you ODP!

But really, the real malekith would just have them captured the instant they entered Naggarond, and then probably execute them himself from a safe distance. (remember the "duel" with Eltharion? Noble 1v1 my @ss.)
Also, he loves Morathi way to much to put her in a situation as dangerous as that on Ulthuan, the risk for him to loose his mommy would be to great.

All in all, a fun, albeit unrealistic story to read, both of them ;)
Ardatrian

#20 Post by Ardatrian »

I think I will never be the same person after this story...

"Don't understimate my ability to do backflips..."

I laughed for a good 10 minutes after that xD
Allerion
Librarian

#21 Post by Allerion »

then the woodies come and beat the living crap out of the durchii and the asur, and rule ulthuan with an iron fist until the end of times

didnt see our green cousins coming into this, did you?

they get brought into virtually everything else, so why not
Excited for TOW
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#22 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

srpelicano wrote: Would Alith Anar come in at the last minute to save Tyrion's son from being blasted by Tyrion as he makes his way to the destruction of the death ark, as Eltharion uses his mage abilities to communicate with Tyrion's son?
I dunno - AA is dead set on defeating the Druchii. It might make more sense that AA IS Tyrion's son. The role of Han Solo is better filled by someone such as Asarnil - a renegade Mecrenary

Remember, the Kroxigor that helped Teclis is the same as the one with Asarnil.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
bremy51

#23 Post by bremy51 »

Isn't the witch king malekith dead though? didn't Teclis kill him? or am i completed wrong :?
wins - 4
Draws - 0
Loses - 0
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#24 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Rather amusing story, it made me smile. :)
bremy51 wrote:Isn't the witch king malekith dead though? didn't Teclis kill him? or am i completed wrong :?
You are, he managed in the last desperate moment of the battle (it always is the last desperate moments before losing somehow) to blast the witch king with a bolt so powerfull that the witch king went into the realm of chaos to dodge it.

Bloody battery staff of Teclis' ;)
Baalan

#25 Post by Baalan »

Original Dragon Prince wrote: Tyrion retorts "You will try."
better if he had said "Try you must, but fail you will..."
Yoda style :P

cheers
"Full of pride and sorrow for what i am gonna do with tears in my eyes and a dream in my heart...Nagarythe shall endure..."
Kithail

#26 Post by Kithail »

Baalan wrote:
Original Dragon Prince wrote: Tyrion retorts "You will try."
better if he had said "Try you must, but fail you will..."
Yoda style :P

cheers
Pssst, Yoda is Teclis here.
http://kithail.mybrute.com
Elias Kalderon
Prince of Shades

#27 Post by Elias Kalderon »

Cool story.

Perhaps even funnier is the discussion about whether this story fits the official background :D
[size=75]I'll think of something[/size]
Original Dragon Prince

#28 Post by Original Dragon Prince »

wow this thing keeps resurfacing. perhaps i should write some sequels, and then a cartoon, and then comes action figures, graphic novels, bobbleheads, legos, and the ultimate collectible......the lunchbox!
Allerion
Librarian

#29 Post by Allerion »

something tells me malekith would be slightly less scary as a bobble-head

no one would attempt to dispel teclis's spells, though. Would YOU expect a elf with a ridiculously large head that keeps falling over to be the best mage in the world? :shock:
Excited for TOW