Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:29 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:22 am
Posts: 422
Location: Nagarythe (Australia)
Daerendil trusted the white wolf, despite the questions racing through his mind about its real identity. Looking toward the troll tracks, the Asrai figured he'd better scout ahead to make sure there was no trouble ahead.

While the others spoke, Daerendil headed off in the direction of the troll tracks, being careful to stick to any cover he could find. Moving as quickly as he could, the scout soon spotted what he was looking for.

Upon a hilltop he noticed a camp fire and made out two trolls in the vicinity. He turned to head back toward the others before another pinprick of light caught his eye in the distance. He noticed another sentry's campfire with two more trolls sitting atop a hill further over, and in between both a pass which led futher into the mountains.

His brow furrowed, from this side the hills looked far too steep to engage the trolls, they would have to get around the hills and look for another angle to attack.

_________________
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:42 am
Posts: 320
Otto wasn't feeling comfortable with the whole situation. First Kelian had outed himself as a werewolf after meeting with another Wood Elf, who Otto had absolutely no trust in and was tossing up whether she had turned Kelian into a werewolf against his will. Now they were siding with wolves of far too high intelligence, most likely demons in disguise or perhaps even vampires, to fight trolls. This was at best a way for the forces of darkness to infiltrate their troupe and could be a trap to have them killed when the wolves turne against them while fighting the trolls.
Otto didn't let any of this on though. An ambush when met without surprise repays the mischief with a great deal of interest.

_________________
"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>" - Paul Dirac


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:22 am
Posts: 422
Location: Nagarythe (Australia)
Daerendil slowly crept back the way he came to avoid the attention of the trolls. Getting back to his companions the wood elf repeated what he had seen to them.

_________________
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:18 am 
Offline
The Immortal Phoenix
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:32 am
Posts: 1734
Location: Beyond mortal understanding
He needed to get moving, he could feel it in his bones as the cold around him sucked the heat from his body.
"We should act, to stay herre much longerrr will kill us as surrrely as combat." The words were not so much spoken as growled out. "Daerrendil can guide us wolves to them, we can then lurrre the Trrolls out and then pounce." The idea of suddenly pouncing on things was quite exhilarting.

_________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:38 pm 
Offline
The White Lion
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:25 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: Pendragon
Baffin looked at Kelian with a disturbed expression. Not being a very large person he wasn't particularly fond of wolves and Kelian's new persona did not appeal to him one bit.

Surreptitiously he placed Otto between himself and Kelian. Then he noted that this put him closer to the pack of real wolves. Baffin sighed in chagrin.

"Very well then, let's get moving."

_________________
Never moon a werewolf.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:17 am
Posts: 1593
Location: The flat land of nonsense (DK)
From what Daerendil had told, the right hilltop was impossible to reach except from inside the camp. The left one could be accesed from the north with cover from the trees.
Alariel and Kelian led the wolves into the forest moving slowly and silently closer to the outpost without revealing themselves.
The only sound was the cold wind as it sang through the canopy of the trees.

OOC: make your relevant tests and catch me on msn telling me of your actions, what you want to do etc.

_________________
High Priest of ASS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:15 am 
Offline
The Immortal Phoenix
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:32 am
Posts: 1734
Location: Beyond mortal understanding
Snow crunched softly beneath his wooly paws. His movements doing nothing more then disturbing the air around him. Nostrals flaired as they sought for the Trolls scent, it was their, but he could not tell where. His inexperience was hurting.

_________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:42 am
Posts: 320
Otto knew he wouldn't be able to sneak anywhere and would just have to react to the changing circumstances. To aid in that, he closed his eyes for a moment, muttering a short prayer to Sigmar he had picked up somewhere. Strangely he couldn't remember where, though he knew it was powerful and spoke it with reverence. A power flowed through him just as it had when he healed others and he began to move more fluidly and gracefully. He was ready.

OOC:
For 6 rounds Otto has +1 M and +5 Agil.

_________________
"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>" - Paul Dirac


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:22 am
Posts: 422
Location: Nagarythe (Australia)
Daerendil walked over to the white wolf. "Then I shall show you the way to the troll sentries, you and your kin can offer a distraction and we'll make our way into the camp to get Mellanor."

The white wolf seemed nervous but very determined. Its hunger obviously motivating it toward their common goal. "Come, wolf." The Asrai asked, before heading off into the woods in the same direction he'd come. He called back to his companions, "Wait for signal then follow on, I'll meet you at the camp!"

_________________
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:42 am
Posts: 320
As he heard Garadehl call back to the group he hoped that the trolls didn't have very good hearing.
Foolish elves.

_________________
"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>" - Paul Dirac


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:22 am
Posts: 422
Location: Nagarythe (Australia)
Glaciandar wrote:
As he heard Garadehl call back to the group he hoped that the trolls didn't have very good hearing.
Foolish elves.


Daerendil gave himself a mental pat on the back. As he hadn't 'called' back so to speak, but it was a mere loud whisper as he was quite mindful of the trolls presence. They were a fair way away from the trolls as it was.

Daerendil also reminded himself that his name was actually Daerendil.

OOC: :P

_________________
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:07 am 
Offline
The Immortal Phoenix
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:32 am
Posts: 1734
Location: Beyond mortal understanding
Kelian followed as Daerendil lead. As they came upon the Troll camp he spoke to the others. "I will act as bait, run in and draw them out and away to the others while you lot get Mellanor."

As he moved silently closer he saw what he needed to do, this would be tough. There were some guards to his right, to his left 10 Trolls seemed to be preparing for something. Dashing from his position, he made for the guards. Once he knew they were following, he would make for Baffin and the humans to help deal with them.

_________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein


Last edited by Etherion Fenix on Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:42 am
Posts: 320
Kelian's idea was bold and proud but he could use some help from Sigmar. Otto stepped forward and laid his hands on him, hoping to create the same effect that he had on himself. The power flowed through him but Otto couldn't get it to transfer into Kelian. Otto grimaced, he should have been known better that to try to use Sigmar's holy power on a werewolf.
"You are on your own," he said to Kelian reverently, "be strong and be true."

_________________
"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>" - Paul Dirac


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:17 am
Posts: 1593
Location: The flat land of nonsense (DK)
Kelian made his presence clear to the sentinels gathered around the fire on the hilltop. These trolls were purely white with locks of hair here and there on the upper bodies. The stench of troll was unmistaken though. All of them had a huge club next to them.
One troll that faced Kelian jumped up and pointed at the wolf, grunting something in the goblin language, while another got up and moved to a massive horn.
The alarm was sounded. The old brass horn rang through the hills startling the trolls and the one spotting Kelian yelled something down to the camp. They slowly picked up their clubs and moved towards Kelian with a grin.

_________________
High Priest of ASS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:49 am 
Offline
The Immortal Phoenix
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:32 am
Posts: 1734
Location: Beyond mortal understanding
Once he knew he had them he was off. Snow flew up in his wake as he moved, always slow enough so that they would know generally where he was, but never close enough to get a solid idea. Around Daerendil and the wolves he went, then along towards the others. Hopefully they would be ready for what he was bringing.

_________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:06 pm 
Offline
The Clubslinger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:44 am
Posts: 1867
Roland pulled his grab tightly around him, although it didn't really make a difference. Plodding across the snow as it crunched as and crackled beneath his steps, he took a position behind the Dwarf. Roland thought to himself that somehow he felt more connected and at ease with him than any of the others, despite the radical cultural difference.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:36 pm 
Offline
The White Lion
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:25 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: Pendragon
Baffin moved opposite the others and beneath a large tree. Crouching down, he let his cloak spread open so that the snow would drift over him and obscure him even further.

He hoped his magicks would be able to aid them against the trolls, or at least protect himself, but he'd never faced a troll before. Not like this anyway....

_________________
Never moon a werewolf.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:17 am
Posts: 1593
Location: The flat land of nonsense (DK)
Daerendil crouched close to the edge of the cliffs overlookig the troll camp. The camp was in disarray and at least ten more trolls moved around in the camp looking for their weapons or looked very confused as they picked their noses.

A large twoheaded monster of a troll emerged from a ragged tent. With a roar he silenced the trolls and slowly got their attention. Mellanor was nowhere to be seen to Daerendil.

The other alarm was sounded and Kelian let the trolls follow him. As he passed the other wolves, one of trolls giggled with saliva dripping from its broken teeth. It stopped chasing Kelian and moved slowly closer to Alariel and the other wolves.

_________________
High Priest of ASS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:17 am
Posts: 1593
Location: The flat land of nonsense (DK)
More trolls reached the forest where the wolves and Alariel was hiding. The white wolf howled and immediately gained the attention of the trolls. It danced in front of the trolls aggrevating them with its deft moves. They all began to chase the animal and its companions blinded by their stupidity and immense hunger, as the wolf pack led the trolls away from the camp.

"Kelian this way to the north, let your companions free Mellanor." Alariels sweet voice pierced his mind through the noises and grunts from the huge brutes in the vicinity.

_________________
High Priest of ASS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:34 am 
Offline
The Immortal Phoenix
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:32 am
Posts: 1734
Location: Beyond mortal understanding
As she lead, Kelian followed. He only hoped that the others would realise what was happening and move swiftly. It also crossed his mind just how long these dumb brutes would follow a meal they could not catch.

_________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:22 am
Posts: 422
Location: Nagarythe (Australia)
From his vantage point, Daerendil saw the campsite quickly empty as the trolls ran after the wolves. Soon the campsite seemed completely abandoned. With a worried glance, the Asrai saw that the three sentinel trolls at the southern camp remained there undistracted. Suddenly he caught sight of the two-headed troll that came out of the largest tent, it wielded a strange sceptre with a skull at the end with an eerie red light emanating from it's eye sockets.

Daerendil could see his companions back to the west, he put his hands to his mouth and issued a noise closely resembling that of a bird. Hopefully they'd hear the signal.

_________________
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:17 am
Posts: 1593
Location: The flat land of nonsense (DK)
Baffin, Otto, Roland and Grumnir heard the strange call.

"That bird must be sick." Grumnir grumbled beneath his red dyed beard.

OOC: Roll a perception if you have secret language - ranger, otherwise it's perception -40 to get a meaning from the call.

_________________
High Priest of ASS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:42 am
Posts: 320
OOC:
Ok.... I rolled a 1. That's pretty cool.
However I have int of 34, which means I should fail....
If a 1 is an instant pass tho I'll write up a proper post otherwise:

IC:
Otto didn't get it.

_________________
"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>" - Paul Dirac


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:17 am
Posts: 1593
Location: The flat land of nonsense (DK)
Otto was quite sure he had heard this type of bird call before or at least something that resembled it. The Asur from Mordheim had used some sort of bird calling to signal to each other. This wasnt at least a sound the trolls could have produced. Maybe Daerendil was behind this?

_________________
High Priest of ASS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:39 pm 
Offline
The White Lion
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:25 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: Pendragon
"That's Daerendil," whispered Baffin. "I remember him using that signal, but I'm not sure what he means. Let's get moving, but be careful, he may want us to be cautious. Perhaps something is not right." The irony of his words struck him. As if there was anything right about sneaking into a troll camp in the first place.

Following his own advice he snuck quietly towards where the sound had come from, taking care to keep himself out of sight.

_________________
Never moon a werewolf.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:17 am
Posts: 1593
Location: The flat land of nonsense (DK)
From his viewpoint north of the pass Daerendil saw the companions moving slower and cautiously closer. Soon they would be in range of the southern sentry post. Though trolls are stupid, they are not that stupid, Daerendil thought.

He left his hideout and moved silently towards his companions.

Baffin jumped a little, clearly startled as Daerendil appeared close to his friends. He placed a finger in front of his mouth. "Silence." He whispered. "The sentry trolls are closeby."
He pointed towards the southern hilltop and movements were clearly visible amidst the ragged snowcovered rocks.

Meanwhile the trolls became more and more angry chasing Kelian and the other wolves. They were moving farther and farther away from the camp as the wolves quite cleverly lured them into the forest.

"Go help your friends Kelian." Alariels sweet voice penetrated Kelians mind. "We will take care of this, your help is needed elsewhere."

_________________
High Priest of ASS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:42 am
Posts: 320
"Well, it doesn't look like we're going to be able to sneak past them," Otto whispered faintly, "let's get as close as we can and surprise them."

_________________
"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>" - Paul Dirac


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:40 pm 
Offline
The White Lion
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:25 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: Pendragon
"Let me dazzle them first before you attack then," offered Baffin, surprising himself with his spirit, and of course by dazzle meaning a magic attack, not offering to charm the trolls by a wondrous display of stand up comedy or fine artistic impression.

The trolls noticed nothing as Baffin and the others crept slowly to within 40 yards of their outpost. Baffin drew mightily upon the winds, feeling its energy course through him, more even then he needed. Right in the midst of the trolls there was a brilliant flash of pure light, almost blinding even from where they hid.

_________________
Never moon a werewolf.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:42 am
Posts: 320
Otto had closed his eyes and bowed his head, but he still saw the flash as the bright red of his eyelids. Knowing it was time to act, Otto sprung up from his hiding place and charged the trolls, his prayers to Sigmar abnormally quiet but perhaps even more fervent.

_________________
"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>" - Paul Dirac


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:22 am
Posts: 422
Location: Nagarythe (Australia)
Daerendil looked down at his spell-casting companion with an almost surprised look as his magic went off with spectacular effect. The wood elf felt a brief moment of pride before Otto leapt from cover to charge the bedazzled trolls.

Snatching two arrows from the quiver and nocking them in a motion that was now practiced to perfection, Daerendil sent them both flying through the air at the nearest troll. Both struck the beast, one in the arm and one in the leg penetrating deep. The troll howled out and spun around, the confusion of the blinding light made all the more harrowing by the severe pain it now felt.

Daerendil looked back at Baffin, hoping to see his previous look of respect now returned by the halfling. (:P)

_________________
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group