Howling Winter across the Empire - Gamethread[Closed RP]

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#91 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian was upon it in an instant, his graceful movements moving faster then the its shambling speed could match. The sword slide between the chalk white ribs, with a flick it snapped the bones and disjointed its spine. With a great cry he thrust his dagger up, smashing the creatures jaw into pieces.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Krusader

#92 Post by Krusader »

Jonas's sword hits the skeleton right in the arm, and cleaves into its ribcage. The slash is strong enough to release the skeletons grip on Baffin. Jonas then turns to face any other skeletons.
"I am going to call my kids Ctrl, Alt and Delete. Then if they muck up i will just hit them all at once.
Shandiar

#93 Post by Shandiar »

Otto charged into the back of the room, but missed barely the skeleton, who missed him in turn.
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#94 Post by Etherion Fenix »

A far nastier skeleton faced off as the blow Kelian delivered crumbles the skeleton.
It's still sharp sword hangs in its bony grip. It opens its jaw in a mock cry, the blade slicing through the air towards his head. Deftly, Kelian stepped back. The blade moving harmlessly past.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#95 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian's retaliation was swift and brutal. His sword arcing downwards across its face, bone chipping away. His momentum continued, right through the socket of its left arm. Sheering it clean off.
Garadehl

#96 Post by Garadehl »

Daerendil recovered from the shock of the rising dead, he quickly unleashed a shot at the skeleton approaching Jonas. It flew true and smashed through the bone of it's left leg. He quickly unquivered another arrow.
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-
Krusader

#97 Post by Krusader »

Jonas attacks the approaching skeleton and with two quick slashes. the skeleton's disintegrates into a pile of bones.
"I am going to call my kids Ctrl, Alt and Delete. Then if they muck up i will just hit them all at once.
Anarion
The White Lion

#98 Post by Anarion »

Baffin stepped back from the crumbled heap of bones that had been a skeleton and unslung his bow. Quickly he loosed an arrow at the skeleton facing Kelian. With elation he watched it smash into the skeleton's skull, sending it crumbling to the dusty floor.

Baffin cheered jubilantly.
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#99 Post by Shandiar »

Otto having lost some of his momentum struggled to keep his balance with the heavy flail attacking the skeleton and hit it with a glancing blow. The skeleton in return missed the opportunity.
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#100 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian faced off against the final skeleton. It's unnatural life was about to end. "Go back, let Morai Heg embrace you!."
He struck out, the blade smashing into the left elbow, crushing it. Spinning on the spot, his blade flew into the right arm, smashing it and driving it into its body. Bringing it to its end.
Anarion
The White Lion

#101 Post by Anarion »

Baffin went to retrieve his arrow and then wandered slowly around the tradestation. If there was any other clue into what happened here perhaps he might spot it. He wasn't sure what he was looking for, anything that looked out of the ordinary.

After a few moments of this Baffin remembered the bloody scratches in his throat. He dipped into his vials again and rubbed the cleansing salve over it. Then he took a bandage and wound it around his neck to protect it.
Never moon a werewolf.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#102 Post by Etherion Fenix »

As he watched the skeleton crumble, he remembered the voice.
"It may still be out there!." Kelian glided past everyone as he exited the trade station.
He looked left and right to see if he could spy anything. Gazing up, he wondered whether he could climb the building for a better view.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#103 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Glancing along the roof line, he spotted a chimney. Looking around Kelian noticed a rope. Making a line, he threw it around the chimney and tentatively climbed. Reaching the roof, he pulled himself up further. The snow making it difficult, once or twice his footing slipped as snow gave way beneath him. Eventually he stood upon the top and looked out about him.
Shandiar

#104 Post by Shandiar »

The view was superb from the rooftop, as the dark clouds had cleared since you left Strudelheim. However there was no trace of the mysterious voice and nothing unusual except for the disappearance of the animals close to the tradestation.

Inside Baffin, Otto and Jonas were looking for any clues that could tell them what happened. As the last skeleton died the bodies started to decompose; fast at first and slowed down suddenly. This looked more natural to the halfling, and he estimated the corpses had been dead for several weeks.
You found no clues inside the house. Nothing were stolen or removed.
The feeling of dread and death still hung over the place and seemed to emanate from the stables.
High Priest of ASS
Krusader

#105 Post by Krusader »

Jonas motions to the others to follow him to the stables. He didn't want to return to this place for a good time, if ever, so in his mind, they should look for any clues or evidence for what has happened here thouroghly and then leave.

Jonas walks cautiously towards the stables.
Garadehl

#106 Post by Garadehl »

After gathering his wits from the last frightful encounter Daerendil walked cautiously next to Jonas, bow at the ready. He was still unsure if enemies were around.

He kept a very steady eye on the stables in seach of any of the slightest of movements.
Anarion
The White Lion

#107 Post by Anarion »

Baffin followed the others, making sure to neither lead the way or bring up the rear. That was the last time he was going to take the initiative for a good while. Let the others get their throats mauled.
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#108 Post by Shandiar »

Baffin, Daerendil, Otto and Jonas went out to the stables and the dread almost overwhlemed you slowing you in your tracks. Anxiously Otto opened the door with flail prepared for a quick strike. Nothing happened though

A nauseus stench greeted you when you entered the stables. Horsepart were strewn across the bloodied hay. Rotten blood and gore was splattered around the stalls.

Baffin turned pale and pointed towards the wall of the stable. A message were scrawled quickly.....in blood. It said:

I will get what belongs to me. Give it to me or you will face the consequences.
Count Gregor Amrathor

None of you had a clue to who Gregor Amrathor was.
High Priest of ASS
Anarion
The White Lion

#109 Post by Anarion »

The bile rose in Baffin's throat and he retched horribly. "What kind of monster would do something this evil?" he gasped.
Never moon a werewolf.
Krusader

#110 Post by Krusader »

Jonas had to cover his nose, as the stench was unbearable.

"I have a feeling someone back in Strudelheim will know who this Count Gregor is" Jonas said, and then backed away from the stables.
Garadehl

#111 Post by Garadehl »

Daerendil looked on in shock, before turning on his heel to try and prevent Kelian from witnessing the gruesome display. "You may be right Jonas... No one knows who this count is? I wonder what it is he wants... Let's head back to Strudelheim."
Krusader

#112 Post by Krusader »

"I agree Daerendil"
Jonas then ran over to the tradestation proper and asked Kelian if he saw anything suspicious from his position. After receivng an answer, he then prepares to leave, and takes a quick glance around the tradestation.
Anarion
The White Lion

#113 Post by Anarion »

Baffin wiped vomit from his lips. "Yeah, let's get out of here," he said. "In all my life I've never seen anything so foul."
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#114 Post by Shandiar »

It's impossible to track anything with the snow that had fallen recently.
You decided your work was done and headed towards Strudelheim and out of the impending danger as fast as possible.
You are all disturbed about what happened at the tradestation
High Priest of ASS
Garadehl

#115 Post by Garadehl »

Daerendil was pleased to be out of that area. The dark feeling surrounding them wasn't so strong here. He'd almost be pleased to see the dark looks the villagers gave them...
Krusader

#116 Post by Krusader »

Jonas spends the next 3 days thinking about what happened back at the tradestation. He had seen carnage up-close, but still...
Anarion
The White Lion

#117 Post by Anarion »

"When we get back we ought to see if Stefan knows who this Count Gregor is," said Baffin, as the travelled.

He couldn't wait to get back. The town was more pleasant than that hell hole had been and his cooking had suffered as a result of the trauma.
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#118 Post by Shandiar »

You all came back to Strudelheim safely. The villagers were honestly surprised to see you again, and none pointed fingers at you anymore or sent gazes towards the elves.
Back at The Roasted Hen you sat at the inn enjoying a welldeserved Weissgerber and discussed recent events, when a mesenger greeted you saying that Stefan wanted to talk with you.
High Priest of ASS
Anarion
The White Lion

#119 Post by Anarion »

Baffin set down his stein and wiped his lips. "I guess we ought to go see him then, just as I said. Shall we go now or later?"
Never moon a werewolf.
Krusader

#120 Post by Krusader »

"Let's go now, and see what he has to say. Although Im certain he wants to know what we did and saw there" Jonas replies, and then drinks the remainder of his beer.