Storm Over Ulthuan

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3061 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"Why," Loremaster Allisair asks, "did you go to Albion rather than continuing investigations of the Veiled Alliance as Prince Tyrion had charged you?"
"Ask every person if they've heard the story,
And tell them, loud and clear, if they have not:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Krusader

#3062 Post by Krusader »

Galathalas recalls and can't help but smile a bit, recalling Anarion's "situation" in Lothern:

"Dural Durak's vision indicated that if the isle of Albion fell, the disruption of magic would sink Ulthuan beneath the waves. We thought this was more important than the Veiled Alliance and at our own discretion we postponed our search for the cult to go to Albion with the others.
And although, that was a disobedience, I feel our presence on Albion saved Ulthuan."
"I am going to call my kids Ctrl, Alt and Delete. Then if they muck up i will just hit them all at once.
Anarion
The White Lion

#3063 Post by Anarion »

OOC: ooo! I sense my return if loremaster Allisair is back at the White Tower then I should be rejoining very shortly.

:D
Never moon a werewolf.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3064 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

A few hours later, Galathalas emerges from the interrogation, feeling slightly shattered. However, his surprise is complete when, rounding the corner, he suddenly sees Istarion walking towards him (who has come here with the draconic Loremaster, to conduct research in the libraries).
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Krusader

#3065 Post by Krusader »

"I don't know if it's true anymore, but this would be an unusual place for a nature mage as you" Galathalas said with a smile and gave a friendly hug to Istarion.
"How has Fortune fared for you these latest weeks?"
"I am going to call my kids Ctrl, Alt and Delete. Then if they muck up i will just hit them all at once.
Anarion
The White Lion

#3066 Post by Anarion »

"Greetings Galathalas, my friend," said Istarion with a smile. "I am... well."

"My training has left me a very different mage from the one you knew before," he added. "Master Allisair unlocked an array of possibilities I never dreamed of. Well, perhaps someday you will see. For now, I must continue my studies. If you have nothing to do, perhaps you would enjoy the solitude of study in the library. I'm sure sword masters like yourself also study much history?"
Never moon a werewolf.
Krusader

#3067 Post by Krusader »

"It is encouraged, but not necessary to do so. Although history has been a fascination of mine and I think the solitude of a library would be fitting at the moment." he replied.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3068 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

A few weeks later, a small expedition of Sapherians - the High Prince, his knights, a few servants and advisors, and three adventurers - arrive outside the walls of Armis Kormailn in Yvresse, the greatest of Morvael's military centres and academies for the training of citizen levies. It hardly looks as prestigious as it has become, nestled against the Annulii Mountains with a single wall surrounding a set of plain but extremely defensible towers. Flags and pennants flutter proudly in the wind, displaying the twin symbols of Falcon and Owl of Armis Kormailn's elite orders. Passing through the gateway, you find yourselves in a board courtyard flanked by looming buildings. In the centre, a wide fountain sits, topped with a marble statue of a phoenix emerging from flames.
Your arrival has been noticed, and Calarion rides forward slowly to talk to the courtier standing to meet guests. This done, he wheels around to address you. "Avel'Firrodeth, as a contestant, is to sleep on the grounds here. The rest of us are to stay in Tor Yvresse, which is only an hour away from here."
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3069 Post by Etherion Fenix »

The journey had been boring and uneventful. He could have slept quite nicely the whole way had it not been across mountains.
It was an odd feeling though, their little group was getting smaller and smaller. Istarion had long disappeared, with Galathalas only recently leaving them. Now to have Avel removed from the pair of them. Of course he would have to get used to eventually, all things pass as new things come.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#3070 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Nodding at the attendant, "Elshar, if you would be so kind, find my sister in Tor Yvresse, and ask her to come see me here. I've written down where she was living when I was last here and a brief description to help you find her." asked Avel, as he held out the note.
Crazylisk

#3071 Post by Crazylisk »

"I guess I can. I'll see if I can find her when we make it to Tor Yvresse." Elshar said taking the note.
"Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is forgiven." - Alith Anar, the Shadow King
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3072 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Avel, alone now, enters Armis Kormailn again for the first time in years, as the rest of the party, including the last two of the heroes, returns upthe road to Tor Yvresse, to find comfortable lodgings there. Once you have settled in a manor there (humble for a High Prince, but luxurious extravangance for a pair of wilderness warriors) Calarion summons the two of you.
"Remember," the High Prince says, "why you are here. Avel's role in this is important, but the two of you have far more experience and scouting and spying - and that is what I need you for. Investigate. See if you can find the slightest trace of the Veiled Alliance, and if you do tell me immediately. I am convinced they will act here, and this time I mean to be ready beforehand. We have two days before the opening ceremony, so use that time to look around. If there is anything you will need, do not hesitate to ask."
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3073 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"I do not believe I will require anything from you," Aruthan said confidently.
With that he wandered out into the street. Taking one of the rings he had started to collect he placed it upon his hand. What better way to catch a fly then with a little honey, as he strode through the populous.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Crazylisk

#3074 Post by Crazylisk »

"I might go and see if I can locate Avel's sister." Elshar said before leaving the manor.

Once outside he pulled out the note Avel had given him reading it carefully before going off in search of the house. The note at least might make him look some Elf from out of town just trying to find a house.
His main intention while traveling around the city was to try and spot any unusual magic currents, or behaviour.
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#3075 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Striding through the main doorway of the Academy, Avel entered the great entry-hall, and paused for a second, looking upwards at the grand arches, the wide open space, and the students milling about.

Spotting a passing Owl instructor, Avel walked over and stopped him, "Pardon me, is the Grand-Master in?"
Krusader

#3076 Post by Krusader »

Galathalas spent his days in the library, if he was not training, awaiting to hear anything more from the Loremasters.
Eat, Practice, Read, Eat, Practice, Read, Eat, Meditate, Sleep. That's my day he thought for himself, while he was reading yet another book. This was the memoirs of a Caledorian commander named Cirhanorhen, detailing his military accomplishments. As with anything Caledorian it was full of pomp and splendour, colorful language and one could feel the sheer arrogance by reading the words, the Caledorian had for his enemies and even allies.
We Yvressians might not ride on fine dragon steeds, well neither do you Caledorians lately, but at least we have some modesty and respect, be it towards allied Asur or whatever enemy he thought for himself.
Now he read about how Cirhanorhen led a cavalry charge against an elite Dark Elf spear unit, which Galathalas assumed meant a regular City spears unit, which had given more fight than the pompous Caledorian cavalry had expected from 'mere' peasants. Galathalas smiled to himself, reading this book. It must serve some purpose being in a fine library like this, as by his reckoning it was definetly not kept as a literary masterpiece to be preserved.
An hour later he had finished the book and his dislike for Caledorians had probably increased as a result too. He stowed the book away and instead decided to check if he found anything on the Veiled Alliance stored someplace here.
Anarion
The White Lion

#3077 Post by Anarion »

Istarion likewise continued his own studies into the cult. Between Galathalas and Allisair he had become aware of the dangers the veiled alliance posed. Between himself and the swordmaster he hoped they would find an clue in the library.
Never moon a werewolf.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3078 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

ooc: The joys of *every single character* being on their own... well, it's no one's fault but my own I guess.

Galathalas: Galathalas calmly and with a certain amount of relief returns to his old lifestyle - spartan comforts, meditation, and swordplay consume most of his days, with a little time for reading of military manuals. The best of these he keeps dog-eared and studded with a thousand bookmarks in his own room: "A Military History of the Great War Against Chaos" by Calarion Sapherior himself. Amazing how different the High Prince is in life as compared to in his book, which analyzes in exhaustive detail every battle in the recent war. He also heads outside to spar with the other Swordmasters. These duels are different to the ones he has fought elsewhere, for often the Swordmasters do not care about victory and defeat, and will not even follow the duel through to that stage, but will simply dance blades as a form of moving meditation or will experiment with new attacks and styles. Galathalas' Way of the Swooping Eagle style has grown in strength considerably, and after a day of practicing with a rest only for a brief lunch, body torn with the aches that indicated a good day's training, finally agrees to an actual duel with his sparring partner, Athilean, a master of the Way of the Willow Branch style. The two styles are particularly suited to duelling each other, as Galathalas takes the offensive instantly, and Athilean's blade flickered back and forth, parrying attacks, until the light of Asuryan's fire had vanished from the sky and they were illuminated only by Lileath in the night sky. Finally, Athilean twists his blade around in a complex manner and disarms Galathalas, but as the two stand panting he thanks the Yvressan Swordmaster for the best duel he's fought in a very long time.

Istarion: The research of the Chracian continues, as does his education in magic. While the power he wields is not significantly changing, Istarion can feel himself becoming far swifter, more versatile, and more flexible with it. In just a month of study he has become able to ignore his incantations and focus the magical energy as he will, although only with the Lore of Beasts. The draconic mentor Allisair holds out great hopes that, should Istarion receive just a little more practice, he may soon be able to extend the same expertise to all the winds, as he holds a natural ability for this greater than any Allisair has met before save the High Loremaster himself. And he continues to pour through the ancient scrolls, with new fervour after Galathalas tells him of the most recent revelations in the case of the Veiled Alliance at Tor Sayaleth. The information he seeks is eluding him, but somewhere in this vast library, he is sure, the secrets of the Cult of Avaquetimon lie, that will reveal the secrets of the Veiled Alliance to him...
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3079 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

ARUTHAN and ELSHAR: The two skirmishers take to the streets of Tor Yvresse. The city is largely recovered after the the damage inflicted upon it by the goblin hordes, although there are still marks of its damage to be seen here or there. The streets are filled with more elves than you have seen anywhere since Lothern, and exotic colours and smells are everywhere. But both your searches are unsuccessful. Aruthan does not encounter anyone; Elshar sees much magic (as Tor Yvresse is the centre of one of the major magical ley-lines) but nothing out of the ordinary. When he reaches the address which he was given, he knocks on the door but no one answers it. Possibly Avel's sister has moved?
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3080 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Yet another fruitless search, Aruthan began to wonder if he would ever find what he searched for. Perhaps the others weren't so bad after all when it came to this sort of thing.
He wandered back wondering if anybody else had had any luck.
Anarion
The White Lion

#3081 Post by Anarion »

Istarion redoubled his efforts. Surely there was some indications about the old cult of Avaquetimon amongst this huge array of books. He began to browse through the less obviously named treatises.
Never moon a werewolf.
Crazylisk

#3082 Post by Crazylisk »

Seeing as he got no try when he knocked on the door, Elshar went across to the house next door to and knocked on it's door. Maybe the neighbours would know where Avel's sister was.

Failing that Elshar planned to return back the manor for the night.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3083 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

The Owl instructor frowns at Avel. "Master Thoronthol is absent at the moment - but never mind, I've been waiting for you. I am Master Yiarlie, and I'm in charge of sorting through the applications for the tournament. You, Avel'Firrodeth, were never known for being one of the most prodigious of students, and the last that Armis Kormailn knows of your actions, you were advertising one of the most infamous brothels in Lothern as a punishment for armed assault! I cannot see how you are worthy to take part in this tournament - and so I would like to ask you to remove yourself from the premises until it is over."
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3084 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Elshar enquires at the house across the road, and is swiftly informed that they know nothing at all about the house across the street or its occupants. Elshar knows that they are afraid of something, and that they are lying - but when he tries to press the matter, the door is slammed in his face.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#3085 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Sighing, "That is the very reason I wish to speak to Grandmaster Thoronthol, it would serve you well to remember his title."
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3086 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"Excuse me," a smooth and very cultured voice says suddenly from behind Avel'Firrodeth, "but perhaps I could help?"
Avel has never seen the High Prince of Yvresse up close before, but based on the splendid robes in blue-grey and gold, this is he. His face is broad-featured and golden-maned, and radiates honesty and charm. Surely this is Finurair!
Finurair is talking to Master Yiarlie. "I am astounded that you repeat such stories and have not heard of Avel'Firrodeth's other feats. I know you have heard of his rallying of the Yvressan forces at the Phoenix Gate, but not to know that this is the elf who faced Lord Winter, whom we all thought mere legend, and slew that monster in a duel to the death...! Surely such a feat of arms is more than any save Prince Tyrion himself can boast of?"
Yiarlie shakes his head. "But..."
"But me no buts, Master," Finurair says, his voice suddenly hard. "Master Avel'Firrodeth will be entering the tournament, as my personal representative if must be. He deserves no less."
Yiarlie knows when he has lost. "That will not be necessary," he says in a small voice. "If you will excuse me?"
Finurair nods, magnanimous in his victory.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Crazylisk

#3087 Post by Crazylisk »

Elshar decided to wait in the shadows for a little bit to see if anything eventuated before heading back and informing the others about this. While it may not be anything big, it's was the best possible lead he had found so far about something out of place within the city.
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#3088 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Turning to face High Prince Finurair, a look of suprise on his face, bowing "My thanks High Prince, but I must admit I never thought that my actions would have reached Yvresse, to the ear of someone of such a high position no-less."
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3089 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"It is of course my duty to hear about the exploits of all of our kingdom, Avel'Firrodeth, and such exploits as these are hard not to hear about. Well. It is pleasant meeting you, but I was in fact here to talk to Master Aurielle and so, if you'll excuse me? I am sure that it will not be long until I hear more of your deeds..."
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3090 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Elshar watches the houses, but with no results he finally returns to Calarion's manor.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot