Storm Over Ulthuan

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#31 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Aruthan looked disdainfully back at the Yvressian as he set about creating a ring of camoflague around the camp. They may have to use fire to warm their bodies. But that didnt mean they had to show it to the world.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Crazylisk

#32 Post by Crazylisk »

Talos stays only long enough at the fire to get his clothes dry, before finding himself a nice spot, a little bit away from the main group.

Seeing as Aruthan had already set up camoflauge, Talos doesn't bother adding any to it, but he does make sure he camoflauges his position. Once his sure his position is nicely camoflauge, he settles down to sleep for the night, planning to get up early and take the last watch.
"Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is forgiven." - Alith Anar, the Shadow King
Anarion
The White Lion

#33 Post by Anarion »

Anarion hunkered down to rest, near enough to the fire to feel its warmth but away from the immediate glow of the light. They should be safe enough where they were, here in the Annulii the biggest threat were monsters like chimeras and griffons but these were rare enough and would avoid them. If the Druchii were this far inland there could be trouble but like as not they were occupied elsewhere.

"What fool's errand has brought us here?" he wondered. Enthardon seemed to be incoherent, still restless despite being bonded to the bulky Caledorian warrior. Maybe fire and a rest would help him. Anarion resolved to try talk to Enthardon when they set out again. For now though, he slept, with Avel's roving eyes keeping watch.

OOC: Calarion, I'm going to try get something out of Enthardon but since you will progress the story before I post again, you can take care of that. Where are Elthair and Snake?
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#34 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

You settle down to sleep. The location that has been chosen is quite rocky and uncomfortable, but after so many nights of interrupted and partial sleep, it barely matters. Even Avel finds his eyelids are heavy, no matter how hard he tries to resist.
Almost...too heavy! Springing up with a cry, Avel sees the flutter of a shape on the edge of a canyon. There is no doubt in his mind: magic!
Some of you rouse yourselves, but the sleep spell stops may of you from waking. Only Anarion and Avel can rouse themselves. The rest are afflicted by the magical slumber - and Ytharon's breathing has slowed nearly completely so he looks near dead.
A druchii voice shouts out, "Throw down your weapons or die!"
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#35 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

In a hushed voice, "Anarion we shall throw down our weapons in surrender... I have an idea, I have a dagger concealed, when our foe gets close I want you to grab him and over-power him..." whispered Avel without even turning his head..."

EDIT: Removed to make Eth happy :wink:
Last edited by Bob of Beleriand on Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elthair
Lord of the Eagles

#36 Post by Elthair »

A silent sleep holds the Sapherian in its powerful grasp.

Last edited by Elthair on Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ I like maxims that don't encourage behavior modification.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#37 Post by Etherion Fenix »

OOC Im not impressed at all by your comment Bob :evil:

Aruthan continued to sleep blissfully, unaware of the spell put over him.

OOC Cal did my strong will not help out in this case?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#38 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Um...no idea what I missed there, but I'm glad it's been sorted out, whatever it was.

As for Strong Will - you did get your Strong WIll bonus applied, but I rolled a 17 and so you failed (rolled an 18 for Elthair, which means he critically failed :( )

Will post again when I have my dice at hand... (ie, tomorrow morning?)
Anarion
The White Lion

#39 Post by Anarion »

Anarion nodded in agreement and lowered his axe to the ground. He shed the bulky cloak as well. Talos was also well hidden but deeply asleep still.

"Avel, if there is more than one this won't work..."
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#40 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

The dark elves move closer, and you can gradually see in the gloom that there are at least 10 of them... One of them draws a cruel-bladed sword as he comes close...closer....
With an inarticulate bellow Anarion dives at him, and seizes the dark elven warrior. One massive hand seizes the swordarm and twists, and the dark elf drops his weapon as he is jerked in front of the two Asur. Avel's knife rests at his throat.
"We have a hostage!" he gasps.
"You have nothing," the druchii leader retorts. "Xeithas, die."
The Dark Elf you have captured throws himself on to the blade, and suddenly you are only holding a corpse as the rest of the dark elves charge. So much for that...at least you lured your enemy into close range. You close your hands on your discarded weapons and counter-charge.
Anarion takes his axe in a two-handed grip and swings it at the closest warrior. There is a scream of pain as the dark elf is cut nearly in half, and blood splashes over the Chracian. Avel meanwhile directs a vicious blow at the dark elven leader, and their blades clash and ring. Anarion suddenly feels a spray of blood as the tip of a blade opens up his cheek. Changing the grip on his axe, he spins around, but the dark elves melt away from the arc of his weapon, and then they come back in, striking again. Their weapons are negligable against his heavy armour - and yet he knows if something does not change, all these negligable hits will bring him down. He strikes again, hammering out with the butt end of the axe and sending a druchii stumbling, then quickly reversing it so the axehead bites deep and claims another life. But again the dark elves continue their attack, and Anarion is soaking in blood - much his enemies, but also a fair amount of it his. His hands are sore from the impact of the blows he has parried. He strikes out furiously, frantically - and misses. Another blow lands, leaving nothing but a bruise, but now Anarion knows he is at the verge of defeat. His vision swims...with the last of his strength he strikes another druchii, and brings the warrior to his knees, not quite dead but near it.
Then something solid collides violently with the back of his head, and he sprawls unconscious to the ground...
(you killed 3 this time, and kept going under horrific conditions for a long time! Good job!)

Avel is oblivious to the plight of the Chracian, for he is facing a more dangerous foe - the dark elven commander. This warrior has a sword in one hand, and an evil-headed flail covered with barbs and spikes which he swings furiously. Avel hammers at his foe, and blades clash and lock, and then he spins back and ducks as the flail shrieks at where his head was. Then he is up again, and strikes a swift blow that bounces off the heavy armour of his opponent. His foe's blade strikes him too, but more painfully, and Avel staggers back, feeling a warm liquid drip slowly down his leg.
"Surrender," the druchii sneers. "This is a boring fight."
"It is," Avel snarls. "You're outmatched!" He springs forward again, and his sword rings as it strikes armour, making the dark elf stagger and spit a curse from the impact. The flail whirls around again, but Avel is out of its path as he continues hammering into his foe. But the sword, the armour, they provide too strong a defence. Avel begins to sweat as he bats his foe's blade down and leaps over the cut now aimed for his legs, and then strikes at his foe's exposed head, only to find the dark-steeled blade of Hag Graef interposed. Then he spins back again as the flail whirls past, and again his blow breaks through his foe's guard only to impact off the armour. Blades clash and ring.
But this time Avel is a second too slow dodging, and the flail strikes him in the chest. There is a horrible crunching sound as he spins in mid air, and then hits the ground heavily. He does not rise.
As the Asur lie insensate, Highborn Malranel gives a dark laugh.
"Bind them and take them all!"
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#41 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

OOC:That was cool :shock:

Too bad we grabbed the wrong one :P, good job Anarion :)

Cal, how did I go? Looking at his stats I'm still not sure how I could bounce off his armour, he is PD3 and DR2...nothing really major, and I'm more skilled with my sword than he is with his flail or sword, I'm also quicker, but he is stronger and when he hits it hurts...on paper IMO I outclass him... :?

*gurgle*
Elthair
Lord of the Eagles

#42 Post by Elthair »

As Ytharon has not awoken, i think the only appropriate post would be "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" :(
~ I like maxims that don't encourage behavior modification.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#43 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

You rolled a 1 for damage every time you hit...
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#44 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Talos wakes to find himself suspended by his wrists in a dark tent. It takes a moement for his eyes to acclimatise themselves to the stinging light before them, and when they do he sees where he is. A brazier burns warmly before him, and behind it stand three elves - dark elves.
"I am Malranel," the first says flatly. "Tell me where the Shadow Crown is, and I'll kill you quickly. Play ignorant, and it will take much longer, I assure you."
Crazylisk

#45 Post by Crazylisk »

Talos didn't like where he was, this was the last time he ever let anyone light a fire! :x

"I'm sure it's resting on Alith Anar's head." Talos replies, while also trying to swing and kick one of the nearby dark elves.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#46 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Malranel catches the leg as it swings out. "You know as well as I do, the Shadow Crown is still hidden in the Tomb of Alith Anar. And it's what you're looking for, isn't it? Why else would you be here?"
He sighs. "I don't have time to be creative with you, so we'll just have to do this the crude way."
That said, he takes up a white-hot brand that one of the other elves has given him, and holds it before Talos' nose.
"Where first? Your eye, or your crotch?"
Teasingly he places the brand on Talos' forehead lightly, and Talos screams in pain as his skin pops and blisters and burns. And then Malranel withdraws it, before moving it ever-so-slowly towards Talos' eye.
"Tell me where the Tomb of Alith Anar is," the dark elf says pleasantly.
Crazylisk

#47 Post by Crazylisk »

Talos continues to scream and thrash for a while after the poker was removed from his head. Mainly in an attempt to make it harder for the dark elves to stick him with the poker. The thought of losing his eye, or his family jewels wasn't a very exicting prospect, more to the point it had him terrified. What made it even worse was that Talos was sure they dark elves would carry out their threat.

As Talos slowly spun around the room, he could feel a cold sweat slowly covering his body, and it felt like his dinner was going to come back up. Just thinking about the dinner, reminded him of his burning flesh, and he promptly threw up.

"The eye." Talos whimpered, it was all he could bring himself to say, he was that terrified.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#48 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"Yes, the eye," Malranel says. "Now, tell me what I want to know, and you can keep it."
Crazylisk

#49 Post by Crazylisk »

Talos was that terrified he couldn't bring himself to talk, beyond his previous whimper. He just hang their limply, shaking.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#50 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Malranel roars in fury. "Talk!" he shouts, and thrusts the brand forward. There is a horrible burning sensation, and then Talos' right eyeball bursts, sending viscera and blood spraying out. Talos screams horrifically as the brand sears his socket, burning out half the light of the world...juices sizzle and pop.
He does not notice as Malranel withdraws the brand, for Talos has lapsed back into blissful unconsciousness...
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#51 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Again Talos returns to consciousness with the fires burning in his eyes - except this time, there is only one eye - but he casn still feel the pain in the other. The other asur are with him now, in bad shape. Avel looks at his eye socket and shudders in revulsion at the mangled remnants of the eyeball that still sit in there.
Malranel has tortured all of you - though only Talos lost an eye. None of you were able to tell him anything about the Shadow Crown or the Tomb of Alith Anar. He has promised to continue working on you tomorow...
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#52 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Coughing then spitting out blood, Avel said to Talos "I thought I looked bad," Looking to the rest of the group "Does anyone have any bright ideas for getting out of here?
Crazylisk

#53 Post by Crazylisk »

Talos curled himself up into a little ball in the corner of the Druchii prison(what ever it's made out of), and lay there quietly moaning, as he tried to come to terms with the pain. Talos was also plotting ways to kill the dark elf that had taken his eye.

"The mage... he might be able to do... something... if we can wake him" Talos mutters from his corner.

OOC: The options I can think of are, Sparda's escape skill. Which may not work so well.
Maybe the mage could do something if he can be brought out of his coma like state. His the only one that hasn't been nicely tortured.
Anarion
The White Lion

#54 Post by Anarion »

OOC: I suppose it goes without saying that we are bound and weaponless?
If you can get me free I don't think they will catch me. Aruthan and Talos would be good escape candidates as well.

IC: Anarion flexed his arms against the rope that bound him. It didn't feel like it would break but maybe...

"We need to get one of us free," he said. "We aren't in good enough condition to take Ytharon and Enthardon with us under these circumstances, even if we can all get free." He continued, "Then we'll need a diversion. I think we shouldn't count on there being only the Druchii we saw last night, though if there are the odds are quite reasonable. I know I laid three of the dark ones low before they took me. And I'd like just one sweep of my axe against that bastard, Malranel."
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#55 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Sparda meanwhile has been ignoring what has been happening around him. Several large bruises on his face attest to the fact that he's been worked over as much as any of you. The difference is that he barely felt the pain: and now he is working at the cords around his wrists. Usually the dark elves use magical shackles for their prisoners, which are nearly impossible to slip free from, but Malranel was in a hurry and so there is only some very tight rope. Saprda's face goes red and he hisses with the effort of slipping out. A few moments later, his raw wrists attest to the struggle - but he now holds the rope in his hands and gives a silent grin. From there, untying the rest of you is easy...
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#56 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

"Thankyou Sparda....we should look for equipment..." spluttered Avel.

OOC: Can I safely assume Entharadon isn't with us anymore?
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#57 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Nope, Enthardon's with you. Obviously the dark elves haven't connected this semi-lucid, dirty, dischevelled, near mad elf with the deadly Shadow Prince, their archnemesis. He's been trying to move, but his bonds stopped him (they tied him up a bit more securely that they did you)

Moving silently to the flap of the tent and looking out, you can see two Dark Elf warriors standing there before you, their backs turned to you, and seemingly oblivious to your presence: they haven't noticed you yet. They're the guards of your tent.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#58 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Aruthan body throbbed underneath him. But now was not the time to feel pain, it would have to wait till later. Turning to Talos he whispered, "I reckon we can creep up on them, break their necks and drag the bodies back into the tent. What do you think?"
Last edited by Etherion Fenix on Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rustoof

#59 Post by Rustoof »

IC: Rustoof, stumbles throught the tent door right into the arms of Talos,
Talos decides to ......

OOC: I would like to play but i do not know what it is, could someone please tell me. If this is a special group that i can't play with then either this post never happened or Talos simply breaks my neck and i dissapear.
Sincerely
Rustoof
Totally completely a pimp
Crazylisk

#60 Post by Crazylisk »

The pain had died down a bit since having his eye removed, but Talos still felt a dull trobbing around the right side of his face. Slowly getting up Talos found it a little disorientating seeing things with just a single eye.

"I think it would be best if the white lion and caledorian use garottes made out of the ropes to kill the guards. Yourself and Avel should aid them by covering the months of the guards." Talos replied quietly, deciding he wasn't in the best condition to fight anyone yet.

Sitting down next Ytheran, Talos quietly whispered the mages name in his ear, while telling him to wake up. He also told the mage a nice fire was waiting for him. Talos keep one hand near the mages mouth just in case he did wake up, he didn't wan the mage to alert the guards.

OOC: Rustoof, this RPG is run by Calarion. At the moment it's limited to 6 people. Basically we post our actions based on the story, and what is going on. Cal rolls to see if we succed, and provides all the funky plot bits, and of course the storyline.
Last edited by Crazylisk on Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.