Court of the Phoenix King

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

Re: Court of the Phoenix King

#121 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

"Then walk we shall, been far too long since I spent time in the wilderness, under the stars, and surrounding by nature. Shall we meet at the dock where the Sea-Wolf is moored, in, say, an hour? Unless you are ready to leave now?" Karalael then looked around, getting his bearings in the unfamiliar city, and beckoning the few of his bodyguard he brought with him to fall in, while waiting for the other elf's answer.
Last edited by Karalael Moonsinger on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Laicamir

#122 Post by Laicamir »

"I am ready to leave as soon or late as you wish, it will be good to see the tower again."

Laicamir brought nobody from his guard or staff with him
[color=#400080]'What errand have you, Dark Elf, in my lands?' - Curufin[/color]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#123 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

"Then let us leave now, the sooner we leave, the sooner you see the Tower once more" Karalael smiled at his travelling companion. Untying the white cloth binding his sword, he sets himself at the front of the group and motions that his elves should form around the Archmage, before beginning the walk to the Sea-Wolf, his personal Hawkship, silently whispering a prayer to the Tower's patron that they will find the answers they seek.
Last edited by Karalael Moonsinger on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Laicamir

#124 Post by Laicamir »

Laicamir walks along, drawing closer to the front so that he could communicate with his companion, he has little doubt that the tower will hold what they seek
"How long has it been since you visited the tower?"
The Silly Dragon

#125 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Altatar arrives at the ship that would be taking him across the inner sea. He was hoping to convince the sealord to get closer then he wanted to but knew it was a slim chance, still he may as well try.

He stands at the docks awaiting the captain of the ship, as to board without an invitation would just be rude, surely.

While he waits he looks across the ocean towards where the centre of the Vortex is found and can only barely see the tips of its winds blowing around as it spirals downwards into its core and back into the realm of Chaos or wherever it may go. Lessons have told him it sends the energies back to the Chaos realm but has always wondered if this is true and with that wondered if they could drain it away to a different realm which would over time hopefully weaken the Chaotic forces.

He shifts his weight from one foot to the other and closed his eyes and listened to world but the voice of his tutor and carer Kreia would always haunt his peaceful moments like these.
"Have you found it hard being who you are with your heritage Altatar?"
"Of course, when people talk down to me it saddens me"
"Don't let it sadden you. Instead let it temper you and channel that into your work as it will make you stronger"

"I don't miss you, Kreia"
Last edited by The Silly Dragon on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#126 Post by Aicanor »

*I just need to point out that Hoeth is not within walking distance from Lothern. Check the map or you are calling for trouble. ;) The Vortex is not exactly close either, but I'll count it as "witch" sight this time. I'll try to write up something better in a few hours. Cheers.*
The Silly Dragon

#127 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Aicanor wrote:*I just need to point out that Hoeth is not within walking distance from Lothern. Check the map or you are calling for trouble. ;) The Vortex is not exactly close either, but I'll count it as "witch" sight this time. I'll try to write up something better in a few hours. Cheers.*
I meant witchsight and can only barely see the first wisps of the Vortex i'll edit to make that clearer (i thought we were at the Shrine of Asuryan thats where i thought the council was).
Last edited by The Silly Dragon on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Laicamir

#128 Post by Laicamir »

Sorry I thought we were at the temple, I guess we took a ship to a town in Saphery and walked from there then?
Aicanor
Rainbows

#129 Post by Aicanor »

*The Temple is in an island. ;) Sorry for the confusion with relocating to Lothern, Shannar would have to rewrite his post so I let it stand as there was nothing contradicting it in the thread.*
Shadow star

#130 Post by Shadow star »

Izen gathers some of his men who are not off to the mountains including his personal band of men. He is setting of for Albion to meet his ally there who he has aked to check on the waystone there. Standing with him is Grey, the wolf. On his shoulder sits Night Wing. He let's the wind wrap around him and play in his cloak. He had been in stuffy chambers too long.
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#131 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

*Oooops, using the awesome magical ability know as the edit post, I shall travel back in time and remedy this immediately ;)*

As Karalael led his elves through the winding cosmopolitan that was Ulthuan's capital city, he responded, "Many years, I'm sad to say, my wardenship and trying to sort out my accident has taken most of my focus in recent times and so my visits to the tower have been neglected, it is one of the reasons I volunteered to make this journey. How about yourself?"

He finished speaking just as they came upon the docks, pointing his Hawkship out to the Laicimir, "There she is, the Sea-Wolf, full crew, she'll get us back to Saphery in no time." the elf Prince enthuses, indicating that Laicimir should be first onboard.
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Laicamir

#132 Post by Laicamir »

* Be careful my friend, archaic and powerful magic that is*

Laicamir climbs aboard the ship, careful not to to break anything
"Thanks for this, I'm not to good with ships and such always turning the wrong way, I damaged so many last time I used this crowded harbour. I have also not been to the tower for quite some time, merely because I never seem to have time and live on the other side of this realm."
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#133 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

"Truth be told, my friend, neither am I, thats why I trust the Sea Master of this ship implicitly." Turning to the Sea Master he just mentioned Karalael spoke again, "Sea Master, take us out and set sail to the closest dock to the Tower, that is capable of taking us." Walking to one of the prows of the Hawkship, he turned back to Laicimir, "Now we enjoy the sea breeze and our journey back to Saphery."
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Laicamir

#134 Post by Laicamir »

"I hope we find what we seek at the tower, but even if we don't I will be glad to have gone there"
Aicanor
Rainbows

#135 Post by Aicanor »

Karalael & Laicamir enjoy perfect weather on their journey - the sky is clear and deep blue over their heads as they watch gentle waves of the Sea of Dreams pass by. At night, stars reflect on the water surface... and only a slight shadow percieved from distance reminds them of the Vortex and their task. It is late morning when they finally arrive at the foot if the tower. It took them another two days to get there because they decided to walk. A Swordmaster guard greets them courteously (and somehwat cautiously) and asks for their bussiness. To help, of course.
Last edited by Aicanor on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#136 Post by Aicanor »

Shannar waves Altatar over in no nonsense manner and without many words said the ship is ready to sail. A day into the journey, when passing the isles near Asuryan's temple that evening, a watch calls alarm and all of sudden there is a whoosh of leathery wings all around. Dark shadows cross under the sky and they can hear a single scream of pain. Then hell breaks loose.
Last edited by Aicanor on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#137 Post by Aicanor »

*Shadow Star, how is Izen going to get on Albion? It is very far away from Ulthuan and has protections of its own?*
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#138 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Ele left the council chambers and climbed the adjoining tower, calling Tiralya with mindspeak, he leaped off the balcony and landed surely on her back.
He motioned to her to travel North-west to the tower, to meet with her namesake. In the distance the small shape of the Lord of Lionstone could be seen heading north.
The plan was ask the old mage about spectral wolves, before taking one of the high passes over the Annuli into Yvresse.
Where he would meet up with Eli and the Yvressi rangers as well as the hunters of the Iron Wolves of Yvresse.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Laicamir

#139 Post by Laicamir »

"We are here to gather information to deal with the monsters that are swarming in the mountains"
Laicamir opens the door and walks into the main foyer, mumbling about how much this place has changed, he calls out to any nearby apprentice or lower ranked mage whom is not preocupied
Aicanor
Rainbows

#140 Post by Aicanor »

As Elessehta and Tiraya pass over the coastal woods of southern Saphery, he hears baying that freezes blood in his vains. The griffon screeches nervously. Sun just set and shadows are long, but it is not yet dark. Something he thinks both he and Tiralya recognize. Something is going on under the trees.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#141 Post by Aicanor »

Lord Deral leaves the city in haste and heads north along the inner coast of Caledor. He doesn't fly for more than an hour of two when be sees far below small figures of Caledorian riders, about four of them, heading south.
The Silly Dragon

#142 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Altatar was below deck when the scream first sounded. He was channeling what magic he could as they got closer and closer to the Vortex to determine its strength and comparing it to notes he had made on a trip some 50 years ago.

When he heard the scream he broke from his concentration which nearly erupted a small explosion of magic but was able to dissipate it in time. He rushed towards all the noise wondering if they were underattack and right by the Shrine of Asuryan too! One of the most secure places of Ulthuan.

When the sunlight hit his eyes he shielded them and looked around to see a horde of Harpies desecending on the crew as they tried to fight them off. Arrows were flying in the air after them and felling many but still they came dragging an elf every now and then out to sea and dropping them. While not killing them they were out of action and some harpies did manage to kill their captives too.

Shannar was leading the defense and as Altatar approached ducking under a Harpies claw as he did so Shannar simply gave him a look to say "well what are you waiting for blast these creatures with fire!". But still stunned at the sudden attack Altatar simply watched for a few seconds before Shannar finally shouted at him. Not hearing what he said Altatar raised his hands and began raining fire into the clouds of harpies. Another ship nearby was also underattack but was not fairing as well as Shannar's own crew.

*is this turning into an actual RPG now? If so i like it.*
Aicanor
Rainbows

#143 Post by Aicanor »

As Laicamir passes the Swordmaster, he hears him mutter "at least it is not tea this time. Hopefully. In the hall of the tower, a mage in plain blue and white robes, colours of the tower practically runs into you in his haste.
Laicamir

#144 Post by Laicamir »

Pointedly ignoring the Swordmaster, Laicamir pulls some parchment from his sleeve
"Mage, please deliver this note to the Loremasters, my associate and I have urgent need of their knowledge, we are on business for the council of princes, we will need to speak to them as soon as he is ready to."

Laicamir then turns to Karalael
"The tower is always quite impressive, do you need to do anything first or should we go and meet with the Loremasters?"

While waiting in the hall laicamir will converse with his old friends and probably annoy various apprentices by telling them about how "We didn't have that back in the old days " or "Back in the old days we did it all be hand"
Despite how amusing he finds it to be overly condescending he will happily help or advise those who need it.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#145 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Tiralya circles the patch of woods slowly searching, while Ele summons light to illuminate the end of his Spear so they he might see better. Dark shapes could be seen moving among the trees, chasing something.
Elessehta, Son of Karanelle, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, set his Shield and Spear and with an ancient battlecry urged Tiralya to charge into the trees.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
draxynnic

#146 Post by draxynnic »

With the meeting having adjourned, Anaril makes his way to a tower in the part of Lothern occupied by visiting Caledorians, built with a dedicated landing region for dragons. Raising his staff, Anaril sends a beam of light into a nearby cloud, his family sigil reflecting from the cloud in a summons to the Moon Dragon that had brought him here.
Coradon Lorelian

#147 Post by Coradon Lorelian »

As Coradon cut down another Harpy that flew to attack the ship he wondered what these Druchii creatures where doing on Ulthuan. His second thought was that he would show the Sealord how a Son of Ellyrion fight. As another left two harpies on the ground He turned and Sprinted toward Altatar shouting as a Single harpy came at him from behind but he knew there was no way he could get there in time.
Signature
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#148 Post by Luna Guardian »

Looking at the Caledorians, Deral can't help but smile. Once their ancestors rode the skies as he does now on top of mighty fire breathing dragons, but now they rarely leave the surface of Ulthuan. Unable to resist the temptation to take a friendly jab at the arrogant Caledorians, the White Lion directs his mount to make a swoop over the heads of the riders, shouting "May Chrace soar!" as he passes, laughing
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Shadow star

#149 Post by Shadow star »

He is taking the ship Aicanor allowed him to use. He has an ally on the island (mentioned a couple of pages back) who has allowed him to dock there.
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#150 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

"Nothing as important as our reason for being here, so let us meet the Loremasters first." He then tries to settle down to wait in the hall, before eventually, beginning to pace up and down the room like a caged wolf.
[quote="rdghuizing"]