To the Northlands! - Signup and OOC.

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Yvran the Prince

To the Northlands! - Signup and OOC.

#1 Post by Yvran the Prince »

Hello! Yvran here, back from a two-week-long holiday, with no access to the internet whatsoever. It did, however, give me time to write the first part of an RP I was planning. That's right, a new RP is about to hit Ulthuan.net! It's mainly for newbies, but veterans can sign up too, if no noobs are available. Currently there are five spaces left. The plot of the RP is the Loremaster of Light at the White Tower receives a message in a dream, informing him that the Druchii are helping Daemons to create a massive gateway to the Realm of Chaos at the site of the northern polar gateway used by the Old Ones. He assembles a group of Elves to prevent this from happening. This RP will be played using the SPAM system.http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232 ... n/SPAM.jpg
Last edited by Yvran the Prince on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget the less important bits of it. Like your pants."

"Dojo! What is Rule One?"
"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
John Rainbow

Re: To the Northlands! - Signup.

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

I'll give it a go - I've haven't done one of the Ulthuan RPs yet and fancy trying it out. I am a complete RP newbie though. Do you need anything from me yet i.e. character name and stats and such?
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#3 Post by Elithmar »

Complete newb here. Never done a role play, but I want to have a go. Sign me up. ;)

Just got to read the rules now.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Mr. Brownstone

#4 Post by Mr. Brownstone »

Hell, I'm in. :)
[img]http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/compositions/15938955/views/1,width=178,height=178,interlace=true/gray-jesus-loves-metal-women-s-t-shirts_design.png[/img]
The Silly Dragon

#5 Post by The Silly Dragon »

You can sign me up! Never done a proper RPG on a forum before, how soon do you need character's info etc?
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Yvran the Prince

#6 Post by Yvran the Prince »

TSD, I've already got you down. Everyone else, PM me your characters whenever you're ready. If I give you the green light, post your character so everyone knows who everyone is. And if you haven't already, read the SPAM rules ASAP. Any race allowed, other than Druchii, Daemons and Undead. I am making a slight amendment to SPAM, though, you can gain additional skill points as the game goes on. Oh, and don't worry about this being your first time playing an RP. I don't really know what I'm doing either, I'm just good at pretending I do.
"If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget the less important bits of it. Like your pants."

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
John Rainbow

#7 Post by John Rainbow »

I've PM'd my character - Alithir the first born son of a Caledorian Prince.
John Rainbow

#8 Post by John Rainbow »

Alithir
Alithir is the oldest son of Prince Telithir of Caledor and the second of his name. His family traces their line back to Caledor Dragontamer and has inherited a natural kinship with dragons from him. Prince Telithir is well respected in court and has made war in the name of the Phoenix King on numerous occasions. As a reward for his valour and skill, Telithir and his family hold lordship over part of the mountainous realm of Caledor. This redoubt where Alithir was raised lies atop a mighty rock, forged when the earth was young and although few other Elves make their homes in such a desolate and stony expanse, mighty dragons slumber beneath the craggy peaks.

Whilst being the oldest of Telithir’s sons, Alithir is young by Elven standards and is yet to be tested. It could be that the coming of a messenger from the White tower of Hoeth brings a chance for him to make his name…

Stats

Spirit 3
Lineage of the Dragontamer 5
Alithir is of noble birth and is distantly related to Caledor Dragontamer. Whilst Alithir does not possess the innate magical ability of his famous forbearer, he does have a natural way with dragons and elemental fire.

Pride of Caledor 4
As a young Elf and heir apparent to important lands, Alithir has a fierce pride and need to prove himself in the eyes of his father and the other Elves of Ulthuan.

Physical 3
Outdoorsman 5
The lands of Caledor are rocky and mountainous; all who hail from that province learn quickly how to survive in the harsh mountain wilderness.

Swordsman/Martial Skills 5
The sons of Elven nobility are expected to be skilled in the Arts of War. The abilities of the warrior have been passed on to Alithir by his father & his retainers.

Agility 3
Horseman 4
The riders of Caledor were once famous for their magnificent draconic mounts. In recent times as the dragons have continued to sleep beneath the world, the Lords of Caledor have taken to the horse.

Mental 3
Elven Education 5
The Elves have had centuries to perfect whatever pursuits they choose to follow. As the son of an Elven Prince, Alithir was educated by the finest loremasters and sages in Ulthuan.
The Silly Dragon

#9 Post by The Silly Dragon »

PMed you my character too now. Thanks!
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
The Silly Dragon

#10 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Cynthia

Short History:
Cynthia was a young and beautiful Elven handmaiden to the Everqueen. But she was captured by Druchii Shades and tortured and raped for several months before a group of Shadow Warriors found them and broke her free. Since then her heart became dark and her thirst for revenge on all Druchii took over. She abandoned her duties as Handmaiden and took up the Bow to join the Shadow Warriors in Nagarythe. Over time she became very good at killing and slowly lost herself more and more to anger. Nowadays she is unpredictable and volatile. Not trusting of any and even many Shadow Warriors now give her plenty of distance fearing she is becoming more Druchii after every day. Though her time as Handmaiden has taught her many healing magic and at times she reverts back to her 'old' self and becomes peaceful she soon remembers those dark months with the Shades and anger takes over once more.

She has no family that she cares for and only now lives to kill Druchii. But maybe her mental scars could heal as their is still good in her heart though it is slowly dieing. One day she may become more Druchii then she would ever admit, but some already think that day has already passed...

Stats:

Spirit = 3
Tracking - 6
Cynthia is able to track animals, humans and elves alike in almost any environment due to her time hunting in Nagarythe.
Misleading - 4
Her time as a Handmaiden for the Everqueen taught her much about how to calm others that she now uses to trick others to feel that she is a friend only to find a knife in their back.

Physical = 2

Agilty = 4
Betrayal and Vengeance - 3
Her two Daggers names which she weilds with great speed but mainly used to cut her enemy piece by bloody piece. Not exactly weapons more like tools of torture.
Nagarythe Archery - 6
Honing her skills to kill from afar came with her time with the Shadow Warriors. But not always to kill sometimes she would incapacitate the enemy so she can kill them with her knife or to torture for many hours before the final strike.

Mental =3
Ambush - 5
Cynthia always tries to get to better positions before striking from stealth. Be it up a tree or ontop of a tower or maybe even below the ground hidden from view.
Winds of Life - 5
Her time as a Handmaiden may seem like a distant memory to Cynthia but the knowledge of healing magic is still in her mind. Though she rarely uses it she can in times of great peril or maybe even convinced to by others but is not always advisable to ask as it brings back painful memories from a happier time.

I'm pretty sure i redid the skills right but if someone can point out any mistakes as i am really having trouble understanding the 10 points and 2 points per skill that the SPAM system talks of and the example it gives makes no sense (2 points each? but then pie eating is 5?). So i have actually just gone by John's style. I have Pmed Yvan and he said i spent 11 points so i reduced 1 skill by 1 but he hasn't replyied yet and i am eager to start and keep this thread active enough to remind others to Pm theirs in if they haven't already.
Arratak

#11 Post by Arratak »

Alright If I give this a go?
[quote="Ptolemy"]
"My eagles are going to die. If you choose how they die, you'll win the game. If you let me choose, I'll win the game." [/quote]

[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg[/img][/url]
The Silly Dragon

#12 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I'm pretty sure its fine to join up. Just PM Yvran the Prince a character and ask him (its his RP after all). But i can't see why you wouldn't be able to.

Also is there any chance we could start this within say a week and anyone not signed up could just join as we go along?
Yvran the Prince

#13 Post by Yvran the Prince »

Arratak, go ahead and PM me. It's fine for you to join up. TSD, good plan. Sign up by Sunday or we start without you, and you can pop in later. I'm putting an extra condition on this though: YOU MUST WRITE SOME FLUFF FOR YOUR CHARACTER JOINING.

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Arratak

#14 Post by Arratak »

Hey here's my character for the rp.

Name: Arken
Race: human
Sex: male

Not much is none of this wanderer, clad in a black cloak and dark leather armour, this silent hunter rarely speaks. Men shiver atthe sight of his face where a large scar lines the right side. His steel blue eyes constantly watching from deep inside his hood. Some say he fights like an elf, some say he is a sorcerer, same fear to speak of him, known is some parts of the world as a mercenary, others say, murder! In most parts his referred to as the shadow, always lurking. But few really know and most are scared to ask, the few that do are either dead or are in a league with the shadow.

Arken stands 5"11 with steel blue eyes and dark brown scraggy hair. He can always be seen smoking a pipe of tobacco and is right handed. Tanned skin from the hardship of traveling. He is fully equipped with an array of weapons. A hand~and~a~half sword strapped to his back from his right shoulder to left hip, a light crossbow all slung over his left shoulder, two razor sharp daggers at the small of his back.

His sword is his prized possession, some experienced scholars say that the sword is a master piece forged by the priests Of Vaul and magically enchanted for the elves, no one knows how he has acquired it.

(if I'm aloud a horse) he also has a horse, kitted out with basic essentials, bedroll, backpack, utensils, tinderbox and flint and steel.

Stats:
Spirit - 3
Determination -5
Force of will 5

Physical - 3
Endurance - 5
Strength - 5

Agility - 4
Swordsmanship - 6
Hand to hand - 4

Mental - 2
Common sense - 6
Worldly lore (compared to elves) - 4
[quote="Ptolemy"]
"My eagles are going to die. If you choose how they die, you'll win the game. If you let me choose, I'll win the game." [/quote]

[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg[/img][/url]
John Rainbow

#15 Post by John Rainbow »

Arratak, I believe your character is illegal as stands as you have too many skills. 10pts max I thought?
Arratak

#16 Post by Arratak »

Well I read the spam thing and copied everyone else... The guy that wrote it wasn't very clear??

I pm'ed yvan anyways so... Just fix it up respectively decreasing to the correct number
[quote="Ptolemy"]

John Rainbow

#17 Post by John Rainbow »

I think it's pretty clear:

You have your basic attributes (spirit, physical, etc) with a rating of 3. You then have 10 points to spend on 'skills' which are fluffy and potentially useful sub-attributes you want to give your character. You choose an attribute and can create your own 'skill' and put a maximum of 2pts (per skill) to create it.

i.e. you have a physical stat of 3. You want your character to have a 'wrestling' skill to represent the fact he has trained in this area. You can then create 'wrestling' as a sub-attribute of 'physical' and give it a rating of 4 or 5 (maximum). This has then used up some of those 10pts you get to spend.
Arratak

#18 Post by Arratak »

Thanks I understand now, so with a stat of 4 I can go to 6.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Arratak

#19 Post by Arratak »

Alright I'm good to go, let's get this show on the road
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#20 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Arratak wrote:Well I read the spam thing and copied everyone else... The guy that wrote it wasn't very clear??

I pm'ed yvan anyways so... Just fix it up respectively decreasing to the correct number
In my defence, it was a work in progress, I never finished making the thing. :) Not enough spare time.
"Ask every person if they've heard the story,
And tell them, loud and clear, if they have not:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Arratak

#21 Post by Arratak »

Nah its a pro system, I'm just noob
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#22 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

No, it's an unfinished ten minutes rush job. Definitely not pro work. Not actively bad, either, just could be better. :)
"Ask every person if they've heard the story,
And tell them, loud and clear, if they have not:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Yvran the Prince

#23 Post by Yvran the Prince »

Elithmar of Lothern and Mr Brownstone, If you aren't signed up by midnight tonight we start without you, and you can join afterwards.

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Arratak

#24 Post by Arratak »

Omg I can't wait any longer!!!
[quote="Ptolemy"]

The Silly Dragon

#25 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Arratak wrote:Omg I can't wait any longer!!!
Same here as Cynthia is longing to taste some Druchii blood! (or whatever we will face as she just wants to kill something).
Arratak

#26 Post by Arratak »

The Silly Dragon wrote:
Arratak wrote:Omg I can't wait any longer!!!
Same here as Cynthia is longing to taste some Druchii blood! (or whatever we will face as she just wants to kill something).
Choppy chop chop :P
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Yvran the Prince

#27 Post by Yvran the Prince »

The Gamethread is now... OPEN!!!

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#28 Post by Elithmar »

Well where is it then? :roll:
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Arratak

#29 Post by Arratak »

Elithmar of Lothern wrote:Well where is it then? :roll:
Hmmm precisely what I'm thinking?!?
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Arratak

#30 Post by Arratak »

Zomg!!! I'm getting anxious and keep refreshing the site every minute to see if this is ready to go... Is anyone else feeling this way?
[quote="Ptolemy"]