DAU 13 - Party at the haunted house - signup thread.

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

DAU 13 - Party at the haunted house - signup thread.

#1 Post by Ruerl Khan »

As promised,

I'm hosting the next DAU, but due to some complaints during the previous DAU i'm changing a few things this time around, mainly this: There will be no host IC, there will be no staff. As a GM I will only provide scenic descriptions and descriptions of the location you are in. And be a link between the players on their special rules when needed. (such as telling people "the last thing you see is... nothing. Your dead.).

The setting:
We are in the empire, a wealthy noble has put you all out on a dare. You are all to stay and sleep in the so-called haunted Mansion for two weeks, with no contact to the outside world, those of you who does not, as the tales go, die of fright, will be rewarded handsomely. You each have your own ideas, goals, and dreams to why you are here. However, some of you are not what you seem...

Please sign up, i'll add your names to this list as you sign up. If you have any special wishes for what you wish to play, PM me. (note: I won't be accepting more than 12 players).

The following people are signed up: (10/12)
The Darkness
Ghost
Amun-Lothain
Cidracin
Luna Guardian
Shandiar
NoOoDLe
Sturen
Prince_Asuryan
Drainial Shadowheart
Lethalis
Anuriel

The usual rules for a DAU applies, these are for your convenience:
THE RULES AND ETIQUETTE (with a nod to EricJ, the first host):

During the game's nights, everyone who has to do so sends me an E-mail or PM. Many of you have nighttime abilities (actually you *all* do), making it crucial to be prompt with your nighttime PM's. Nights may also take a while, so please be patient and considerate of that fact.

In the "morning" inform the nights events and announce them to everyone else.

During the daytime you discuss and vote to kill someone. It is my prerogative to set a time limit on the voting; I will announce that at least 24 hours before the limit expires.

Under no circumstance are you allowed to show any E-mails/PMs from me or others. If there are questions on this, PM me FIRST. I will allow more if you ask than I will forgive if you don't. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GET YOU MODKILLED.

Do not edit or delete your posts. Not even to fix BB Code. Not even lightning editing. Double posting is preferred. Or triple posting. Or getting it right the first time. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GET YOU MODKILLED.

Do not post invisitext. Do not post white, despite the fact that white is indeed not invisitext. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GET YOU MODKILLED.

Do not post at night. Period. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GET YOU MODKILLED.

If you wish to quit, don't be an ass and commit suicide via modkilling. PM I will find a replacement for you instead.

Please ensure that you participate regularly. Inactive players tend to be innocent asur and that makes things easy for both sides. All players MUST post at least once during each game 'day'. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GE-- (you get the idea.) You do have to post in character.

Please do not discuss this game via Instant Messenger, E-mails or IRL... (unless you are part of a group, and then only when it is night.) We can't police this, but please respect the game for everyone's sake.

If you are dead, you are dead. Do not post any information afterwards. Please respect the game for the remaining players.

If you feel the need to make OOC posts or posts after death and what you say has no bearing on the game please use the SignUp/OOC thread.

Votes must be in bold and of the format vote: Anarion. I do not care about capitalization. If you revote, an unvote for your previous vote is understood - you do not have to unvote unless you wish to refrain from voting at that time. Votes in quotes are not counted as votes.

Once a majority is reached, that person gets lynched. You may continue to discuss during twilight (while you walk home) but you may not post at night. The night arrives when a mod posts that it is night. Again, I will not be very forgiving on this AT ALL.

The person with a simple majority gets lynched. If two people have equeally many votes, then I roll a dice and decide who survives, by chance.

Generally speaking a game 'night' should take no more than 24 hours and a game 'day' should take no more than 72 hours. Once 72 hours has elapsed I will typically set a 24 hour deadline. The game works best and is most fun if we all keep it moving. So please participate. That said I usually am not around on Sundays so any turn that passes through a Sunday may be longer than others.

Under no circumstances will a day end without a lynching, even if I have to specify that whoever has the most votes regardless of a majority is killed. I don't want to do that so don't force my hand. You may abstain from voting but its better for the game if you vote.

Finally, if anything is not clear or you have any questions at all, I reiterate here once and for all, please ask me by PM. Remember, its a game so have fun!
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
The Darkness

Re: DAU 13 - Party at the haunted house - signup thread.

#2 Post by The Darkness »

I'm in =D>
[b]Azazel Fellmane, The Black Pearl of Anar[/b]
[b]Champion of Oblivion[/b]
[b]Fashion Guru of Chaos[/b]
Elven Skins Flayed: 240
36/4/4

[b][u]The Confused Barbarian... Lost in the the seas near Lustria.[/u][/b]
Ghost

#3 Post by Ghost »

Shotgun! I'm in...
Amun-Lothain

#4 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Sweet, we don't have to wait for the next one! Count me in!
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
cidracin

#5 Post by cidracin »

I'm in as well :D
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#6 Post by Luna Guardian »

I'm in
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Shandiar

#7 Post by Shandiar »

Feeling lucky this time so count me in :)
High Priest of ASS
NoOoDLe

#8 Post by NoOoDLe »

Holidays coming up.. Mid term far away still.. COUNT ME IN! :D

Edit:
Ruerl Khan wrote: (such as telling people "the last thing you see is... nothing. Your dead.).
*You're dead.

Your = Possessive.
You're = You are.

If a Dutchii can remember, so can you. =P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Sturen

#9 Post by Sturen »

I'm up for another chance :D

Goal: survive more than one day xD
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#10 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Bang!

I'm in. I wanna be a zombie.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Drainial Shadowheart

#11 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

Yes I think I could go in for another, count me in.
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#12 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Updated, we are now ten players, I have begun writing the character backgrounds but there is room for two more players still.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Ghost

#13 Post by Ghost »

Looking at our group, it seems we have the same group as last time with Ruerl and Amun switching places
Uther Di Asturien

#14 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

I'm sorry I can't join guys, but i'll be off in Italy skiing so I wouldn't be able to guarantee internet connection.

Have fun though :D
Ambassador of the [url=http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org]Roundtable of Bretonnia[/url]

[quote="EricJ"]You're all (well.. except Raneth) forgetting the age-old dogma: on the internet, all men are men, all women are men, and all children are the FBI.[/quote]
"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
NoOoDLe

#15 Post by NoOoDLe »

Ghost, we're missing Leth and Uther, basically. And Shandair joined us.
Uther Di Asturien wrote:I'm sorry I can't join guys, but i'll be off in Italy skiing so I wouldn't be able to guarantee internet connection.

You suck. =P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Lethalis

#16 Post by Lethalis »

Shandiar was with us the last time as well. He just got killed off so soon ^^

Also, I'm in. This doesn't get me modkilled, right?
[size=184]السلام عليكم[/size]
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#17 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Lethalis wrote:Shandiar was with us the last time as well. He just got killed off so soon ^^

Also, I'm in. This doesn't get me modkilled, right?
Offcourse not, as long as you don't break the rules in the IC thread (once its up) then your fine. ;)
Shandiar

#18 Post by Shandiar »

Way too soon, before I had time to work my magic :)

Ruerl I'll be away from 23rd to the 29th and I can't promise I'll have access to a computer though I'll try
High Priest of ASS
NoOoDLe

#19 Post by NoOoDLe »

Sorry mate, didn't notice ye.. XD
Uther Di Asturien

#20 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

NoOoDLe wrote:Ghost, we're missing Leth and Uther, basically. And Shandair joined us.
Uther Di Asturien wrote:I'm sorry I can't join guys, but i'll be off in Italy skiing so I wouldn't be able to guarantee internet connection.

You suck. =P
I'll try and remember to send you a postcard. :)
Ambassador of the [url=http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org]Roundtable of Bretonnia[/url]

[quote="EricJ"]You're all (well.. except Raneth) forgetting the age-old dogma: on the internet, all men are men, all women are men, and all children are the FBI.[/quote]
"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
NoOoDLe

#21 Post by NoOoDLe »

OMGOMGOMG YAY! POSTCARD! :D
Anuriel

#22 Post by Anuriel »

Well, I've never played one of these; if there is still space, I'd like to give it a try.
[color=#800080][i]Last night I dreamed I met Aenarion.[/i][/color]
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#23 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Anuriel wrote:Well, I've never played one of these; if there is still space, I'd like to give it a try.
and with that you nab the last spot. The game thread will be up by monday, you will all recieve your character descriptions during tommorrow.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#24 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Going to be a small delay, my daughter has decided to rob me of all sleep, so i'm somewhat... incoherent today. Should finish and post the thread tomorrow still, but the character backgrounds will be delayed.
Uther Di Asturien

#25 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

Well you must have put a curse on me noods because im stuck in London with thousands of other passengers who can't go home for christmas.
I guess i'll get to read the start of this DAU.

"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
Ghost

#26 Post by Ghost »

That's alright, do what you gotta do!
NoOoDLe

#27 Post by NoOoDLe »

Uther Di Asturien wrote:Well you must have put a curse on me noods because im stuck in London with thousands of other passengers who can't go home for christmas.
I'm cruel but I'm not that cruel.. Okay maybe I am.. But.. Nahw.. That's awful. And I can't see my girlfriend because there's no trains cause there's snow so if I cursed you with snow I kinda flunked it now didn't I? =P
Uther Di Asturien

#28 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

NoOoDLe wrote:
Uther Di Asturien wrote:Well you must have put a curse on me noods because im stuck in London with thousands of other passengers who can't go home for christmas.
I'm cruel but I'm not that cruel.. Okay maybe I am.. But.. Nahw.. That's awful. And I can't see my girlfriend because there's no trains cause there's snow so if I cursed you with snow I kinda flunked it now didn't I? =P
Maybe you got that snow because you cursed me with snow.
AKA Karma's a bitch. :P

Regardless, I might have been rebooked for the 23rd! So Christmas might be saved! :D

"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#29 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Right, due to christmas I have to delay this a bit further. I hope you guys do not mind too terribly much, it should start between new years and christmas. I will be sure to send a PM to each and everyone signed up when it is ready to go.
Sturen

#30 Post by Sturen »

I'm going to have patchy or no internet for the next week, please go ahead without me or kick me if you feel I'll hold everyone back.

Sorry about that :(
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones