DAU 12 - The Witching Night - Play Thread

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

Re: DAU 12 - The Witching Night - Play Thread

#31 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

'I have had the worst night imaginable. Believe me or not, but I was attacked twice tonight. At first I awoke to find a figure over me, and I chased them out. When I returned to my chamber I was attacked again, but I fought them off.'

'I am lucky to be alive but have little to show for it.'

He looked at those that accused him earlier. 'still fell I am a murderer?'
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#32 Post by Luna Guardian »

Wilhelm walked in just in time to hear Theodoric speak. "That's a convenient thing to say. You say you fought off two attackers, yet have no marks for it? Can you perhaps identify these assailants even?"
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Lethalis

#33 Post by Lethalis »

Lady Elisabeth is seated, seemingly as shocked as the day before. "Someone, I couldn't identify who, tried to get in my room this last night - being married, I doubt it was for amorous motives. Even though I hate to imagine it, I fear someone might be targeting me for my heritage..."

She looks around over the others. "Oh, how I wish I knew whom to trust to safeguard me in this hour! What if I don't spot an assailant by mere chance?" She scours the faces of the other attendants for help.
[size=184]السلام عليكم[/size]
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#34 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

'No marks!' laughed Theodoric, lifting his shirt. A bright red slash, poorly bound covered his stomach.

'This was given to me by the second person before I could call for help. And I cannot identify them for it was dark, and I fought for my life. But I am sure the second attacker was male...'
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#35 Post by Luna Guardian »

Wilhelm nodded "Fair enough. Your comment of 'not much to show for it' threw me off. I apologize for being hasty"
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#36 Post by Ruerl Khan »

*The large elven male enters the room with the silent grace of his kin, and is likely unheard until he speaks even though he makes no attempt at hiding his presence at all*

I bid you all good morning, and though I was absent from yesterdays discourse I assure you that this is in no way intented to convey disrespect to any of you.

Some of you may know me or of me, I am Thalos Daerlon of the house of Daerlon, yes it is us that handles the import of the Cathayan silk that the rich amongst you may wear. Recently however something have started to disrupt our agreement, and after Mr. Solbar have failed in properly addressing the situation I have seen it as my duty to travel here in person.

Now, why do I even bring this up amongst this time of despair and sorrow for your kin? It is because it is likely that the culprit who is behind the sabotage also would be behind the crimes comitted here, who else other than a follower of the ruinious powers would in such a way try to harm the relationship between the elves of Ulthuan and the city-state of Marienburg?

As such I would like to start to do a bit more in-dept questioning of you, and you of yourselves, for only in learning how we are as persons may we quickly and efficiently delve into the bottom of this, find the culprit and resume our fruitful work, I would like to start with myself as such, to introduce myself.

*the tall fair skinned elf looks around in the assemply before he continues, his melodic voice easely carrying through the room* As I said I am Thalos Daerlon of the house of Daerlon, not just that I am at the present the head of my house and as such carry the full ability and power to negotiate new contracts and better trade should any of you wish to do so... once the culprit is found that is, if there is anything further you wish to know please do ask me. But until then I would like to ask the rest of you of your person, let us start with you Reinhold Halheimer what do you do? I do not know you, but there is something odd about you and something tells me to be wary of you though I cannot exactly put my finger on what it is.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#37 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Theodoric bowed slightly.

'Apology accepted. I meant only that I know little of the identity of my attackers, despite my trials.'
Ghost

#38 Post by Ghost »

"I as well apologize Sir Theodoric, hopefully you can forgive me for my accusations the other day..."

She looked down, ashamed of her actions the previous days, and very much confused.

"This day will hopefully bring better fortune to our capture of the assassins. At least there is one person who we can now all agree is innocent.. At the moment I am uncertain how to continue from here, the night brought little news in identifying our killer."
NoOoDLe

#39 Post by NoOoDLe »

"And who tells me that Sir Theodoric didn't inflict that wound upon himself to imply that he is a victim instead of a murderer?" Markus said, with a clear tone of skepticism in his voice.

"I'm not implying he is a murderer. I'm just implying we should mark him as innocent so quickly either." He continued.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
cidracin

#40 Post by cidracin »

"I for one will have trust in what Theoderic has told us all. For taking his words as the truth might gives us a lead to follow. Based on Theoderic's word one of the men gathered here tried to kill him. Though this doesn't mean that the same person that attacked him the second person was the same person who attacked him earlier or attempted to get into Lady Elisabeth's room. At this point it seems likely to me that there is more than one person among us with homicidal intent. For I highly doubht that the killer would have attempted to kill Theoderic twice all in one night in addition to trying to force his way into Elisabeth's room. But whether or not there is one or more homicidal lunatics among us is immaterial at the moment as we should focus on discovering which of the men gathered here tried to kill tried to kill Theoderic. Personally I think it is likely is Wolfram, Markus, or Boris seeing as I know I am innocent and that both Wilhelm and Reinhold would be unlikely to fail in killing Theoderic, a mere merchant, given their military backgrounds." said Rupert matter of factly to the group before turning to face Thalos in particular.

"As for you request for information of more information about ourselves elf I will gladly assent. My name is Ruphrect Hall and I am a merchant from Altdorf come to seek trade here in Marienberg. I hired Reinhold Halheimer to accompany me in a bodyguard capacity before leaving. As to your finding him suspicious I'm afraid I can't much help confirm your suspicions or clear them. I know little if anything of his previous history besides what he has told me himself and cannot speak of his true character for I have not known him long. I can only tell you that he has been an effective bodyguard while in my employ, evidenced by the fact I am alive and talking to you now. As for the victim I have no connection to him except for the fact that we both were invited and attended the same party."
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
cidracin

#41 Post by cidracin »

As an afterthought Ruphrect added "Of course Thalos or Olanis might also have tried to kill Theodric as well though I find it unlikely as I imaginge they would not have failed. At least if the famed martial prowess of the elves is as great as some claim."
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Drainial Shadowheart

#42 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

" Tholos, as you ask I am indeed an employee of Mr. Hall and a mercenary by trade. I am not sure what else you wish to know, unless you want me to confess to being a devote of some chaos temple or brotherhood of assassins. I suppose that would be one way of finding out who is the murderer amongst us. Is anyone here guilty? No?

" Well unless someone is sporting enough to come forwards we do at least have the comfort of a full complement come morning and something to go on, I believe that instead of focusing on backgrounds which may easily be faked by a skilled liar (and we must assume our target or targets to be such) we should instead concentrate on who they attempted to kill last night, perhaps that will lend us some insight."

OOC: This will be followed by a better post looking into the issues I raise, but it is very late indeed and I need to sleep now.
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
Shandiar

#43 Post by Shandiar »

"I have no doubt we have a killer among us as the murder of Alfred Kard is evidence of. Why Theoderic would be attacked twice and survive must be pure luck, Ranald be praised."

Boris wandered around with his hands clutched behind his back. "In Kislev we would enforce swift justice to maintain order, but as a representative of Tzarinas Court, I am here as a diplomat, building closer ties between Marienburg and Kislev rather than strain them. However I do believe these assassination attempts are tied to the merchants and the rich flow of goods here and therefore I wouldn't rule out anyone just yet, not even Wilhelm nor Reinhold nor the Elves. Theoderic might have a past that allowed him to fend off a skilled attacker, so I wouldn't draw hasty conclusions Ruprecht."

Boris grabbed an apple and took a big bite as he felt silent.
High Priest of ASS
Uther Di Asturien

#44 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

"Of course I would not deny that Theodoric is a competitor of my patron, Thalos and as such it would be of benefit to remove his presence from the city. To this I can only state that his skills as a merchant are much too overstated, and I mean no offence when I say that his businesses won't last for much longer regardless of whether he is still in charge of them."
He relaxed and turned to Elisabeth, ignoring Theodoric's contemptuous and angry look.
"But what good reason would I have to murder such a lovely lady? Of course you can suggest that her death would cause her distraught husband to lose control over his finances to Thalos' businesses' advantage, but with so many other means at my disposal, why wouldn't I simply go for Kurz himself?"
Ambassador of the [url=http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org]Roundtable of Bretonnia[/url]

[quote="EricJ"]You're all (well.. except Raneth) forgetting the age-old dogma: on the internet, all men are men, all women are men, and all children are the FBI.[/quote]
"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#45 Post by Luna Guardian »

Wilhelm turned to Boris and nodded "You speak truly, Kislevite. None of us are above suspicion yet, especially since we know nothing about the assassins. I would be very distressed indeed if I were ruled out as a possible suspect"

Looking from one face to another he continued grimly "However, we must start to make some progress, otherwise we'll all end up dead. I suggest that those of us who have contributed the least 'till this point be placed under the greatest suspect. If we make a terrible mistake, at least it won't be someone who has tried to move us forward."

Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#46 Post by Ruerl Khan »

If it is a follower of the fel powers, then those are often marked upon their bodies. A simple undressing and close inspection as such may reveal a villain, alternatively I would suggest such a thing as sharing rooms so that we may keep an eye on each other. It is a simple yet efficient way to do it while we properly investigate if everyone are who they claim to be.

The last thing we may do, is to allow panic to grip us however.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Drainial Shadowheart

#47 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

"We can look for individual reasons for these killings, but I fear that these assassins may have greater ambitions. Killing any one merchant will cause instability in one company, killing everyone in this room on the other hand could be far more serious. I make no claim to be an expert in economics, but the shock of so many illustrious business men leaving their companies rudderless all at once could send a powerful shock through the local economy and in such times of chaos there are those who could seek to benefit, either to expand their own fortunes or for more esoteric reasons.

"If that is not the case then it may well be that only the unfortunate Mr Kard was actually targeted for execution, but that with there being no way out of this place the killers (for as two people were targeted and one guest was attacked twice we must assume at least two and probably three are at large) have decided that the safest course of action available to them is to ensure that it is they who hold the balance of power amongst us in order to easily make their escape. In either case, we are all in danger.

"The killers are equally aware that we are searching for them, how could they not be sitting as they do in this room. There first strikes may well therefore be an attempt at gaining security for themselves, or to attempt to shift the attention of the council in the direction they want it to go."
Amun-Lothain

#48 Post by Amun-Lothain »

OOC: I'll be away, so this day is going to last a bit longer than usual. You'll have until Thursday evening to debate, and it might also take me a bit longer to get the night's results posted.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#49 Post by Ruerl Khan »

There is also the possibility that the killer may not be one of us at all, but someone coming from the outside. Have anyone checked for tracks leading to the mansion?
cidracin

#50 Post by cidracin »

"I find it highly unlikely that the killer is an outsider as the Lord Frederich was very quick to bar anyone from leaving the party. Plus it is unlikely that the guilty party would have left the party after the murder for such actions scream of guilt. As for checking each other for fell marks I will consent if needs be but I highly doubht a marked follower of the fell powers is among us, acting like one of us. For Lord Frederich has forbade us from leaving till a culprit is found and a bodily inspection would be likely. If marked I believe that the follower would already have tried to flee or atacked us instead of sticking round here waiting for their mark to be discovered. Since nobody has outright refused your inspection, begun attacking the group, or attempted an escape I think we can safely assume no one here is marked, though do the inspections if you believe them necessary. Keep in mind we might not even be dealing with a cultist here.

As I have said earlier I suspect Wolfram, Markus, and Boris more than the rest of you for reasons I previously stated. Out of the three of them I find myself most suspicious of Markus at the moment. Today he has tried to cast doubht on the credibility of Theoderic's word, and by extension the existence of Theoderic's assailants. While he may have simply been trying to ensure we kept Theodric's words in prosective, they also strike me as those that might come the lips of Theoderic's attacker. I have made no secret of the fact that I believe Theoderic was attacked last night and that at least one of his assailants was male as he has told us. If Markus is the person who attacked Theoderic the second time last night than would it not make sense that he would seek to cast doubht on Teoderic's account. For by succeding then we would also not trust his description of his second attacker as male thus leaving us with no leads to follow and the list of suspects as wide open as it was yesterday. Both of these things benefit the attacker in my eyes. That is what makes Markus' statement suspicious in my eyes. Especially since it seems so innocent on the surface but its implications keep the investigation where it began and keep it at a standstill when there is a lead we could be following. I admit that my argument is quite thin based mostly on my intuition yet I find myself far more suspicious of Markus then anyone else at the moment. So I shall cast my vote for Markus."
Vote: Markus Kuestermann
The Darkness

#51 Post by The Darkness »

"While I find there not to be enough fact for me to cast my own vote yet I can your turning to gut instinct to make a decision for unless these killers foolishly reveal themselves to us I fear we've not much else to go on at this moment." Wolfram cleared ahis throat a little before he continued.

"However I do have a small question to ask of you Lady Anika. Last night I happened to spy upon you fleeing with an near suspicion haste from what I swear to be the direction of good Theoderic's room whilst I was returning from the kitchens with a drink. You see when I'm away from home I find myself in need of a good drink to ease me into my sleep. But perhaps my good lady you may have spied one of the assailants if you were near there and fled lest the discover and attack you. Kepp in mind that I place no suspicion or accusation upon you, merely a question of interest as to try and further our knowledge into this mystery."
[b]Azazel Fellmane, The Black Pearl of Anar[/b]
[b]Champion of Oblivion[/b]
[b]Fashion Guru of Chaos[/b]
Elven Skins Flayed: 240
36/4/4

[b][u]The Confused Barbarian... Lost in the the seas near Lustria.[/u][/b]
Sturen

#52 Post by Sturen »

She bows her head, "Last night I did leave my room, for I felt uneasy in my room alone, vulnerable to a murderer, and so decided to wander the corridors. Perhaps if I wandered near the rooms of others I would be within earshot should someone be attacked, or I be attacked myself. I will admit I became lost, which would by why I was near Theoderics room, and heard a commotion, presumably when Theoderic was attacked. I should have called for help and been braver, but forgive me, it was dark, and late, and I could only flee, silent in fear of attracting attention. I did see a fleeting shape, and I can concur with Theoderic, it appeared to be a man. At this I was fully gripped by terror, and returned, by luck more than design, to my room, where I spent the rest of the night in constant fear. I am ashamed, and hope that Theoderic, and the rest of you, will accept my apologies for betraying your trust. Seeing your injury pains me, for I know I could perhaps have prevented this. I am truly sorry.

Wolfram, did you hear or see any sign of this attacker who so startled me last night? You must have been nearby when I panicked and fled past you."
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
The Darkness

#53 Post by The Darkness »

"I'm afraid not, my good lady. You were the only person I saw beyond the servants of the manor whilst I was outside my room last night but now at least with your description we know that one of the assailants was likely a man and either they are adept in stealth and snuck past past or waited until I had returned to my room or they returned to the own chamber."

"If it pains you not for me to ask, did you spy anything of this first assailant that attacked Theoderic or notice anything about the one who scared you into fleeing from him that could help us to identify them? Also it seems you were lucky that this mystery assassin failed to notice you lest they catch you and take your own life for discovering them in their failed act. It is most fortuitous indeed that you survived such an encounter as that."
36/4/4

Ghost

#54 Post by Ghost »

"You i can Forgive lady Anika, but it does not make much sense to tread so close to the rooms of people who are the potential murderers... As well, Theoderic was attacked by two people... He only stated that one was a man, meaning you are a possible culprit for the crime. Not calling for help in fear of attracting attention? Maybe next time you should peer your head into the room and ask the assassin if they need any help. Your story seems to unreal, and I find this discovery to have proven to make you guiltier then any of the others we have here. Therefore, until further evidence, i have decided my vote for this day."

Vote: Anika Elzacher
Shandiar

#55 Post by Shandiar »

"While Ruprecht is eloquent, I doubt his reasoning for targeting Markus, whom I find to be guilty only of speaking too harshly. Nay it seems we have two persons up at night, Anika and Wolfram. I agree, Anikas story does not seem plausible, but Wolfram could be a skilled talespinner. We will see."

High Priest of ASS
Sturen

#56 Post by Sturen »

"No, sadly, I saw little of the man, he did appear to be running, and so guessing his height was difficult. It may even have been you that I saw, Wolfram, for you may be a killer trying to attract attention to another. A drink? Perhaps, but isn't it strange that we both cross paths, and you are so quick to accuse?

To you who have accused me, I can say nothing, my story does sound guilty, but it is only the truth. I reasoned to explore in the hope that I could help discover a killer, or protect one who was attacked, I did not think of the suspicion this would place on my head."

Vote: Wolfram Ehrhard
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
The Darkness

#57 Post by The Darkness »

"You seem to have changed your story there Anika, first you wandered the halls to avoid the fear you felt from being alone and now it was to discover this killer, the one that hd you so feared as to walk the halls in the first place. How very curious indeed. And you'll find I was not quick to accuse you and in fact I am yet to accuse you of anything. I mere asked you a question do that you could explain your actions of fleeing from direction of where Theoderic was attacked. Twice in fact which means two assailiants. As I recall Theoderic saying he chased the first of them off, perhaps scaring them enough to flee that direction perhaps. Very similar to your own actions don't you think? But no, before what was merely a suspicion has now become enough for me to make my own decision this day. As such I too shall cast my vote"

36/4/4

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#58 Post by Luna Guardian »

William coolly listened to the accusations going back and forth before speaking "Lady Anika, in this situation you appear to be the most suspicious. Your story doesn't add up, you have tried to be invisible and you haven't added anything to the conversation. I will therefore have to vote for you, in the name of the common good"

NoOoDLe

#59 Post by NoOoDLe »

"I cannot deny that this.. Change of heart.. Seems very suspicious. And I personally hate liars.. So.. My apologies if my judgement is incorrect." Markus said.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Drainial Shadowheart

#60 Post by Drainial Shadowheart »

"Well I have to say that being seen outside of your room with only the flimsiest of excuses seems rather suspicious, and I feel that a true innocent may not act quite so defensively particularly given the deliberately gentle way that you were questioned. So at the risk of looking like I am simply jumping on the band wagon I will add my votes to those against lade Anika."

Vote Anika