Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

Re: Avatar: Nemesis Rising

#31 Post by Etherion Fenix »

As you gather around the stone table and earthen chairs, Vaan might note the table top mimics the usual design of a Pai Sho table. To Zhuang's, introduction, Minister Tang could not help but roll his eyes.

Once all at last was settled, Sokka began to speak. "We, the four nations, have gathered here for a reason. As you may be individually aware, there has been a kidnapping. That is to say, three kidnappings to be exact." His voice falls silent for a moment to let that be digested. "That is my grandson Kokoda. Li-Aang's son Tienzen," indicating to the Crown Prince. "And also the adopted heir of Earth King Kuei, with thanks to Minister Tang for informing us of this."
At this point Sokka stopped and Li-Aang began talking. "Now, such a thing would just be mere coincidental, given who it appears to be behind the kidnappings. Remnants of the Dai Li who took my child, the disbanded Rough Rhino's who assaulted Ba Sing Se and Pirates to the Southern Water Tribe." It was less a confused expression and more, irritated. "What we have now learnt, is that these attacks took place on near enough the same two day period four days ago. This has been organised."
There was a pause in the talk, time for questions.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#32 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin's eyes narrowed at the mention of the Rough Rhino brigands. She could remember her previous dealings with them.

"What do we know about the previous movements of these groups?" she asked. "Was there any time that they may have been in contact? Perhaps, in which they were operating in the same area?"
"Ask every person if they've heard the story,
And tell them, loud and clear, if they have not:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#33 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"Not enough," was the dour reply from Li-Aang. Of the Pirates there is nothing, they have been spotted far and wide with no rhyme or reason. The Dai Li disappeared after they left my, Aunt's, employment. The Rhough Rhino's we know more of. For several years after the war they still worked for us in a security purpose, unfortunately their activities were heavy handed and the group disbanded. They did not take kindly to this and have been a source of banditry and trouble across the western corner of the Earth Kingdom."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#34 Post by Eldacar »

"There would need to be some form of transport and communication over the waters," Vaan mused, half to himself, half to the others. "The sea-going pirates could be at the root of that, ferrying their compatriots around, could they not?"
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#35 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"Indeed. It would be informative to know who was responsible for organising this, as that might indicate what the groups hope to gain. This seems more like a show of power."

Jia Lin paused. "How do we know it was these groups? Eyewitnesses? Evidence? Are there reports that I could look at?"
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#36 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"That seems our estimation as well, though it still strikes me as odd for such groups to come together for such an attack. As to eyewitnesses, I saw those rock eaters myself. Managed to give one a parting gift before a rock glove knocked me in the jaw." Reflexively his hand rubbed his chin.
"The Pirates we know about because they turned up the previous day," Sokka chimed in with a shake of his head. "The blighters turned up pretending to be merchants. After it was discovered he had been taken and the village searched it was found they were gone."
From a bag, Minister Tang places several scrolls onto the table. "These are several reports of the activity of Rough Rhino's as they progressively moved towards Ba Sing Se. Then nothing, it's like they dropped off the face of the Kingdom before a sudden assault and get away."
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#37 Post by Luna Guardian »

"Wouldn't the Rough Rhinos and Dai Li need someone on the inside to help them? It's not like they're welcome in the Fire Nation capital or Ba Sing Se" Zhuàng spoke up. "Has there been any demands?"
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#38 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"The Dai Li certainly wouldn't have needed any help. It's simply unknown how long or what they got up to while under my Aunt's command." Li-Aang simply shook his head, resting it in one tired hand.
"History has shown while a great defence, the Walls of Ba Sing Se can not hold back infiltrators or a determined group." Minister Tang shrugged. "It's quite possible they had insider help, when I left nobody had been found who was connected."
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#39 Post by Eldacar »

Perhaps it should be called 'Na Sing Se' instead, Vaan thought to himself. It would be more accurate, if nothing else.

"Are there any members of the Dai Li or the like that could be questioned?" he asked out loud. "Maybe one of them knows something?"
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#40 Post by Etherion Fenix »

His pale colour in the flickering fire light showed just how much strain this was taking on Li-Aang. "Not a single one was caught, they proved to wily, even in their rather shabby state. The bright news is their nothern heading leaves few places they could be aiming for." A half-hearted smile greeted those words.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#41 Post by Eldacar »

"Such as?" Vaan prodded him gently.

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#42 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"The odd farming village, temple, etcetera. Once past Fire Nation territory the Western Air Temple becomes a possible target though it would seem unlikely they would get that far."
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#43 Post by Eldacar »

"And so you would like some of us to hunt them down and return that which was stolen," Vaan reasoned, pieces beginning to fall into place. "That would be why this conclave of the nations was called, to compare notes with other occurrences as well." He shrugged, a slight smile on his face. "When do I start?"

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#44 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Li-Aang nodded, and smiled lightly. "Ever so. Immediately would be best, but at this juncture it is best everyone got their rest for an early morning departure."
For the first time since the three had joined the council, the Air Nomad spoke. "My brothers and I shall return to the Avatar and inform him of what has happened here."
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#45 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin looked sideways at the waterbender as he spoke to the council and corrected him, saying simply, "We."
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#46 Post by Luna Guardian »

"Us?" Zhuàng asked "What about us?". Looking from Jia Lin to Li-Aang to Minister Tang with raised eyebrows.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#47 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"Yes, you three. A group consisting of the involved nations will fair better, and appear neutral to all involved parties. Each of you also provide a unique skill set that will make tracking down and rescueing the lost heirs."
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#48 Post by Eldacar »

"Bending," Vaan murmured to himself, then looked over at the other two. "You mean that we're all benders," he continued with a guess. "The Air Temples will not be assisting directly then?"

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#49 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"Among, other things." Li-Aang spoke while shifting focus to Jia Lin.
Minister Tang, Sokka and Li-Aang all turned their eyes impassively to the lead monk of the Air Nomads as Vaan spoke his last query.
"Noo, at this juncture the Air Benders will not be actively assisting. Now, it's best everyone gets some rest, then you three can get to know each other better tomorrow as we travel."
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#50 Post by Eldacar »

Vaan nodded. He would want to speak with Sokka before departing, he thought to himself. Perhaps the White Lotus would have something else it had to say to him.

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#51 Post by Luna Guardian »

Not entirely certain what had been decided and what was expected of him, Zhuàng none the less nodded. "I'm looking forwards to it" standing up, he bowed to all those assembled, though gave Jia Lin a notable look and a warm smile that seemed to appear whenever he looked at her, and left for his rock tent.

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#52 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin noticed the look and rolled her eyes. "What special skills could he possess to compensate for the lack of a brain?" she asked herself. "His head is as solid as the earth he bends."
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#53 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Each party returned to their camps, the fires growing dim as the night passed. To Zhuang's sadness, there was no gaggle of giggling girls at his rock tent. While the Koala Sheep herd seemed to have directly camped out around Jia Lin's abode.
The morning sun soon enough rose, casting it's rays through whispy clouds high in the sky. Already the camps were starting to disband, those who had not been up all night making their preparations. Several sailors from the Water Tribe seemed to be giving pointers and advice to the Earth Kingdom Junk crew.
As each of you woke, Sokka, Minister Tang and Li-Aang waited for you.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#54 Post by Eldacar »

Taking care to ensure that his waterskin was filled, Vaan headed over to Sokka and inclined his head. "Is there anything that the White Lotus thinks I should know about this task?" he asked bluntly. "I meant to ask this yesterday, but it slipped my mind slightly." He gave the chief a wry grin. "People who I might need to contact, that sort of thing."

OOC: Assuming that the two of them are alone here.

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#55 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin was taken aback. There's so many of them!

One of the koalasheep baaahed at her, and she flinched, before putting her face up close to its own.

"You don't fool me. I'm on to you," she hissed.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#56 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Vaan:
"We think there is somebody else behind it, the kidnappings. It seems to odd to be a coincidence that groups that have caused the nations trouble previously were involved again, and the timing." Sokka's mouth screws up as he shakes his head. "It reeks of much planning and somebody wanting the nations at war with each other. Though, strangely, not the Air Nomads who are untouched." Looking terribly thoughtful, he looked south. "I might go see Aang while you go north. Hmm, anyway. Your priority shall be to take what clues you can from hunting the Dai Li and see if it can lead to getting my grandson back." His voice strangely serious.

Jia Lin:
Blandly the Koala Sheep stared back, baahed, then walked away.
Taking his que, Li-Aang gracefully walked over. "So, you roughly understand what is to be done?"
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#57 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"Yes. Watch the koala sheep so that we aren't taken by surprise," Jia Lin said.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#58 Post by Etherion Fenix »

For a heartbeat, Li-Aang stood in silence. One eyebrow casually rising before he coughed and continued.
"Your priorities shall be first, to get my son back. Second, bring these renegade Dai Li to justice. Finally to help the others in tracking down their targets, particularly the Rough Rhino's. We can not have them breaking the peace that has lasted so long. Already some within the War Council have begun stirring discontent." His features hardened as he spoke the last few words.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#59 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin was sure that keeping a wary eye on the Koala Sheep should have been on the list - at least in the top five - but decided it had been omitted because she was obviously doing such a good job taking care of it already.

"Discontent?" she asked
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#60 Post by Eldacar »

"Perhaps if there is somebody masterminding this scheme, they may be fearful of confronting the Avatar," Vaan offered. "Not directly touching the Air Nomads could serve to delay his intervention." He considered that line of thought - it seemed plausible. He hesitated as a thought occurred to him. "Your stories about the war," he continued in a more subdued tone. "Didn't the Dai Li serve Azula?"