Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

Re: Avatar: Nemesis Rising

#121 Post by Luna Guardian »

Striking his left arm to one side, Zhuàng immediately sent a piece of his coal arsenal to "fix" the rupture in the steam pipe. The makeshift plug fit almost seamlessly.

With the immediate danger of hot steam out of the way, Zhuàng turned to the part of Lei Shen hovering about. "I'd rather die than let you drop me from the sky in this hunk of steel, spirit. If it's a fight you want, I'll give it to you" taking a solid stance Zhuàng sent a part of the coal ball flying at the miniature storm god with a punch in the air.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#122 Post by Etherion Fenix »

The coal ball flew, hit, then passed straight through the spirit piece. The portal window behind exploded as coal punched through it. Then the light thrum and it discharged a bolt of lightning at the ship, the tents and sleeping gear that had been stored in the room exploded out. Small bits of hide smoking lazily as they drifted to the floor.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#123 Post by Luna Guardian »

"What? But I hit it head on!" Zhuàng exclaimed even as he threw his right hand up to form a shield from the coal. With another motion, a forward step and a punch, he sent the shield flying at the spirit
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#124 Post by Etherion Fenix »

The coal shield hit the wall with a clang, before falling to the floor. The Spirit piece was now floating in the buffering wind just out the destroyed window. With a flap it was gone, traveling towards the engine room.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#125 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin noticed three miniature Lei Shan flying towards the propeller. Her eyes were watering from the buffeting of the storm, but she saw the lightning bird decrease in size. Immediately she grabbed Vaan and began screaming in his ear, so that her words would not be blown away by the storm. Even screaming, she did not know if she could be heard. "Vaan! Use your waterbending to throw water on them! But make sure that the water is not touching you when it touches them! Use it to channel the lightning! Do you understand?"
"Ask every person if they've heard the story,
And tell them, loud and clear, if they have not:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#126 Post by Eldacar »

"There's no other way to block lightning?" Vaan shouted back as he raised his hands. Reaching for the rain, he drew from the rain, from the air around them, and channeled a long cord of water towards the lightning ball, trying to direct the lightning away like Jia was asking him to do.

"Lei Shan!" he tried to call again as he worked. "Please, listen to me! I will do my best to help you if you can tell me what is wrong!"
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#127 Post by Etherion Fenix »

The long water cord sweeps through the air toward the lightning balls. One end falls, touches the canvas, touches the Lei Shen fragment and softly pops as it earths itself on the ship. Mindlessly the other two start drifiting to the other side and the other propeller. Still, no reply, no feeling of Lei Shen presents itself.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#128 Post by Eldacar »

It was working. Quickly, Vaan set about directing the cord towards the other two lightning balls, hoping that he would successfully earth both of them before they could do any damage.

"The feeling of the Thunder God is gone," he called to Jia. "I can't sense his presence in the lightnings."
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#129 Post by Etherion Fenix »

The thrum began again, the water cord flung through the sky connecting the pair as they discharged. With a fizzing sound they both popped, steam rushing away into the sky as the winds howled around.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#130 Post by Eldacar »

"Let me see if I can stop the wind," Vaan murmured to himself, raising the water into a globe around himself and Jia. If his thinking was right, the wind would strike the sphere, while keeping the inside of the sphere calm.

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#131 Post by Etherion Fenix »

A thin water bubble surrounded the pair, swirling and moving. The howl was significantly less, like cupping your hands over your ears.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#132 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"You keep using your waterbending," Jia Lin said. "I'm going to go talk to the engineer and find out what the damage is like to the airship. We're not out of this yet." She turned immediately and headed below-decks.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#133 Post by Eldacar »

Seeing little else that he could really do at the moment, Vaan went back to concentrating on maintaining the sphere, while at the same time doing his best to sense - or see - Lei Shen.

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#134 Post by Luna Guardian »

"Oh no you don't!" Zhuàng shouted after the departing spirit shard and pursued it with his coalball.

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#135 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Jia Lin:
As she dropped, slide and climbe down through the airship, it slowly lurched as the damaged propeller finally gave up. Getting into the cabin part itself, an engineer lay prone, a muscle occasionally twitching.

Vaan:
Rain finally began to drizzle on the bubble, tiny ripples forming. The craft beneath him slowly began to lurch, the propeller finally stopping its spin. Smoke rising as the rain put out the fire. Still, as long as he stood and concentrated, no thought nor feeling of Lei Shen came.

Zhuang:
Coming back to the engine room it was a mess. Another pipe had burst spraying steam everywhere. Several engineers lay prone on the floor, one or two occasionally twitching. One of the engines glowed red and had several scorch marks across it. One engineer still standing was trying to vent the excess heat.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#136 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin raced to the man's side and dropped to one knee beside him. "Are you all right? Can you hear me?" she asked urgently.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#137 Post by Luna Guardian »

As Zhuàng entered the engine room and saw the devastation, his first thought was to take out the spirit shard. His second was that people were alive and hurting in front of him. As he launched pieces of his coal ball at the ruptures in an effort to seal them he shouted to the sole engineer still on his feet "What's up with the engine?!"

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#138 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Jia Lin:
Looking upon him it was easy to see now. The burn across his hand, the blown out goggles and the wide vacant eyes. His spirit had passed on from this world.

Zhuang:
Once more the coal plug flew and near perfectly sealed the pipe.
"They keep striking it which is overheating it and everything wants to blow!" The engineer roared back.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#139 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

There was nothing that could be done for this man now. Jia Lin left him where he lay. Later she would return, but those still alive were more important. She continued to run to find an engineer.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#140 Post by Etherion Fenix »

As she made her way through the ship, that smell of smoke and light burning was everywhere. As she closed in on the engine room, the large form of Zhuang could be clearly seen.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#141 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin ignored Zhuang. She doubted he would be any great help. Instead she looked around for an engineer.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#142 Post by Luna Guardian »

"I'm an earthbender, something I can do to make it NOT blow up!?" Zhuàng shouted his reply, even as he was looking around for the spirit shards. Maybe if he could encase them in an orb of coal they'd be unable to do whatever the hell they were doing.

Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#143 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Zhuang:
"Do you know how an engine works?" With gloved hands he opened another valve. More thruming, the small ball lightning birds struck the engine once more.

Jia Lin:
There was only one still standing, and he was currently trying to not get electrocuted as the fragments threw their bolts.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#144 Post by Luna Guardian »

"An engine? I don't even know how a ship sails!" Zhuàng shouted his reply. Spotting the lightning bird he brought his hands together fast, attempting to capture it in a ball of coal

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#145 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Jia Lin headed for the engineer. "Sir, what condition is the ship in?" she asked him. "Will we stay airborne?"
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#146 Post by Etherion Fenix »

The coalball encircled the fragment, then with a pop it disappeared, rapid succession saw the remaining three tiny things popped out of existance.
The engineer wiped his brow looking at the devastation. "I don't know what the rest of this place looks like, but at the least we're not likely to blow up in the air. Not sure on the landing part though."
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#147 Post by Eldacar »

Seeing little point in maintaining the sphere, Vaan let it drop and moved to re-enter the ship. The Thunder God seemed to have vanished, leaving a perplexing mystery in its place. Maybe, when they landed, they could search for other problems relating to spirits and the spirit world. Heading off in search of Jia and the Earthbender, he wondered how they had fared.

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#148 Post by Luna Guardian »

Looking at where the spirit shard had been a moment ago, Zhuàng blinked in surprise. "Wow, did I just save us?" he asked no one in particular.

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#149 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"There were twelve of the lightning spirits before," Jia Lin said to Zhuang. "Go see if any others are still attacking the ship."

"Engineer, I need you to find out what has happened to the ship. If there are any problems, we need to know about them later. With Benders aboard, I assure you that any dangers as a result of the attack can be mitigated."
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#150 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Vaan:
As Vaan traveled back to the airship, he to ran into the corpse of the fallen engineer.

Jia Lin:
"Well, the engines won't blow up, but the way this things tilting suggests one of the propellers has gone and we're not getting enough lift. As for if this thing is still steering right," there was a shrug.