Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Who will be a winner?
Orcslicer 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Shandiar 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Prince_Asuryan 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Luna Guardian 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Sturen 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
cidracin 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
NoOoDLe 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Amun-Lothain 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 20
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:49 pm 

Like I said earlier not resetting the points sucked - it's too obvious what to call for if you have a leader, so if not resetting then reconsider the points given - eg 5,3,1,0 the gaps for voting not guilty one time too many can be fatal. I don't know, it was fun and it needs a bit of tweaking but not much, hope you find the balance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:00 pm 

I also like the point reset, even if I was dead before it happened :lol: Also a extra bonus of some sort for voting not guilty, often the only logical choice is guilty but rarely is not guilty the best option :(

Furion wrote:
This is a very bizarre argument. I build my roster around earning victory points, not around giving them away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:47 pm 

That's sort of the point, Sturen:

- If opponent cooperates, you're better off defecting and testifying guilty. (5 as opposed to 3)
- If opponent defects, you're also better off defecting with guilty than you would otherwise have been. (1 as opposed to 0)
- Yet "always defect" is a poor strategy, it gives worse results than always cooperate. It's supposed to be a dilemma.

Allright, so points reset every week seems to be the popular opinion. (NoOoDLe ain't popular) Add a promise not to change the rules under the course of the game as to make it somewhat more predictable, some more players and a few more weeks, perhaps a coin-flip tiebreaker for them close calls, and... we're golden? That's it?

"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."
- Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:23 pm 

Alternatively you could just tell us we can be up for potentially nasty surprises. =P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5