Tumbling in Tilea - Sign-up Thread/OOC Thread - POST NOW!

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Andruillius
The Fool

#61 Post by Andruillius »

Right, back from Selcuk (I wasn't actually in Izmir, just landed there).

To be fair, I've been controlling your actions - but I did so based on what you wrote you were going to do. I want you out of the prison sooner than later, and so I'm trying to cut short here. In Kithail's example I was a bit too rough, and I'm sorry about that. Now that you're all starting to fight more or less, I'll be using the dice more - so far only Illidan's character has actually been allowed to fight. I was kinda stressed when I wrote that post - the ligament in my left knee broke last wednesday, and I'm having a surgery on the coming one. Just saying this to explain why I lacked concentration when I wrote the post on friday.

Yes, Cyris, Vincent is able to fight. Sorry about that.

From now on, the more you guys write, the less I'll have to do - but I might be stepping in to use my GM powers a few more times as I want you out of that prison quickly. I'll write up the NPC posts soon. Thanks to those of you who've made their IC posts, that makes things easier for me. For the rest of you: Get cracking!
[quote="Ruerl Khan"]What Andy said, he's clearly a cassanova with experience in the field and I wish I had his imagination when it comes to being romantic.[/quote]
[quote="Raneth"]
The answer to your troubles is clear: be sexy and cool like Andy 8)[/quote]
Andruillius
The Fool

#62 Post by Andruillius »

It seems several people seem to think there's a door in front of the staircase. That is not the case, there's no door blocking the entrance to the stairs.
[quote="Ruerl Khan"]What Andy said, he's clearly a cassanova with experience in the field and I wish I had his imagination when it comes to being romantic.[/quote]
[quote="Raneth"]
Andruillius
The Fool

#63 Post by Andruillius »

Hi,

during the last two weeks or so I have been in different worlds of pain, and now I've entered one of the more nightmareish realms. I broke the ligament in my left knee some three weeks ago, and had the operation the week after. The pain occuppies my mind, and makes it difficult to stand, walk, sit, eat and (try to) sleep. And on top of that, it seems my mother, who had the exact same operation, was much luckier. Or I'm just a wuss. Neither are very positive thoughts. On top of that, I rested for two days (ie I didn't do any exercises) because the doctor had told me to "take it easy", because my knee had swollen up after a day of bending the knee 220 times in total. When I restarted my exercises today, I found I've been placed almost back at square one - things I managed to do with relative ease have now become painful again. I'm really fatigued, and have great difficulties thinking constructively. The painkillers they gave me don't work either, even though I've been running maximum doses some days (stupid paracetamol).

So the next update will come when it comes.
[quote="Raneth"]
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#64 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Andruillius wrote:And on top of that, it seems my mother, who had the exact same operation, was much luckier. Or I'm just a wuss.
Yeah, you are :wink:

On a more serious note, don't worry about it. Personal health is more important than a coupe of blokes (and a girl :shock: ) role playing on their computers :D

Take your time, recover, and re-start when you're ready.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Illidan Hellforge

#65 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Yeah man, as I've been told a lot myself, real life's way more important then a forum RP. ;)

You take your time to get well, Norau will kick some ass when the time comes. :)
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Mel'Reyna: hehe
Mel'Reyna:i only think about it every 21 seconds
Mel'Reyna: :D[/size]
Andruillius
The Fool

#66 Post by Andruillius »

hi. typing on a touchscreen keyboard. got hospitalised last monday, maybe getting out after the weekend. tit will be updated next week.
[quote="Raneth"]
Kithail

#67 Post by Kithail »

I hope everything improves on your side and you come out well.

Best Wishes.
http://kithail.mybrute.com
Sir Cyris deLonse

#68 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

Looking forward to it, hope you have a speedy recovery.
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/Mel_Reyna/Cyris-sig.jpg[/img]
[i][size=75]If this is all a dream, don't wake me up.[/size][/i]
[quote]Now thats funny. Cyris, I knight you 'Sir Witty for the day'.[/quote]
Andruillius
The Fool

#69 Post by Andruillius »

I'm back from the House of Nearly Dead, I'll have an update up today or tomorrow.
[quote="Raneth"]
Waaagh

#70 Post by Waaagh »

Good to hear. Welcome back to the land of (propably) living :D

Maybe you'd even answer that PM of mine when the update is done :)
Dwarven gravitational theory states that enough ale will make anything fall down.
Andruillius
The Fool

#71 Post by Andruillius »

I ain't got no - oh wait, I do. Yeah, I'll have a look at it.
[quote="Raneth"]
Kithail

#72 Post by Kithail »

Any advances, news, anything?
Andruillius
The Fool

#73 Post by Andruillius »

Erm.

Well.

Uh.

I.

8-[

I'll get to it.
[quote="Raneth"]
Kithail

#74 Post by Kithail »

Andruillius wrote:Erm.

Well.

Uh.

I.

8-[

I'll get to it.
No problem, I was just asking to see if you remained interested.
Lethalis

#75 Post by Lethalis »

He's obviously heartbroken to see Gustav go.
[size=184]السلام عليكم[/size]
Falsegods

#76 Post by Falsegods »

Oh good, I am enjoying this. I was hoping it was going to continue.
[img]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k157/Falsegods824/SluggyBlade.jpg[/img]
Andruillius
The Fool

#77 Post by Andruillius »

Good job people, you're acting like super RPG players! :D I can't promise an update in the weekend cause I've got a newspaper to make, but it'll surely come soon next week.
[quote="Raneth"]
Andruillius
The Fool

#78 Post by Andruillius »

Four posts in less than 12 hours - awesome :D

Oh and PA, Matthias didn't actually kill that many of the guards - only those who got a direct hit (the fireball was completely modded).
[quote="Raneth"]
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#79 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Andruillius wrote:Oh and PA, Matthias didn't actually kill that many of the guards - only those who got a direct hit (the fireball was completely modded).
Dunno if it makes much of a difference...

It was fun anyhow...
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Andruillius
The Fool

#80 Post by Andruillius »

No, I won't kill Matthias. Hurt him, yes, but not kill him.
[quote="Raneth"]
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#81 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

NOOO!!!

I want to live. With all my health. Hurt him, then fix him up again. It'll help your quest too.

:cry:
Waaagh

#82 Post by Waaagh »

Name: Victor Holler

Race: Human

Appearance:
Victor looks like what you would describe an average person. He is about 1,7 tall, and isn't muscular enough to be noted, but if looked closely his whole body looks very agile and ready for action.
His eyes are blue of colour, and there is something sinister emanating from them if one looks into them. His face is otherwise normal, except for a grotesque looking burn mark, which he usually hides with a cloth mask or failing that, anything at hand. Weren't it for this mark that he got in his youth for spilling some chemicals on himself he would look very handsome, and he is highly ashamed of this.

(He is wearing a hooded cloak and a mask to conceal his head spare his eyes, a quite tight black shirt with no sleeves, long, tight black trousers and a pair of shin- high boots. He also has a pair of leather bracers on both of his wrists.)

Background:

Victor was born to a poor family in one of the many nameless small villages in the southern Empire. His parents gained their living only barely by selling some goods his mother made by herself and by the skins of animals his father hunted.
Victor never had any friends, and even his parents hated him for he was brought to the world accidentally. This lead to Victor growing up independently, and thus he never learned to trust anyone, and hating everyone.
At the age of six his parents decided to try their luck in one of the bigger cities as a wealthy trade caravan was lost and wandered into the village. They joined the caravan on its way to Nuln. After a couple days of journeying the caravan was attacked by a band of goblins. Victor survived the attack but both of his parents met their fate in the wrong end of a goblin spear. The caravan managed to push off the goblins after a while, but the damage was great. Half the caravan had died or been dragged off by the fleeing goblins.
Victor never mourned the loss of his parents.

When the caravan finally arrived at Nuln, Victor was quick to leave it and venture into the big city. He was amazed by it, as he had never seen anything like that before in his life. He was shocked because of the size of the buildings, the size of the city and everything.
Victor had no way to get money as he did not know anyone, so he quickly turned to thievery to live. His inconspiciousness helped alot, as did his good looks.
At the age of 10 he was quite the skilled thief already, able to pickpocket walkers- by, and even sneaking around unseen. One day though his life changed because of a simple pickpocketing. It was a man sitting in a shady corner in a tavern, and Victor thought he would try his skills. Victor managed to steal what he thought to be a coinpurse and quickly exited the tavern after it. It was when he was inspecting his newest acquirement that the man he stole from grabbed Victor by surprise.
The man told that he had been following Victor's doings in the city. He told that Victor seemed to be one of the most skilled youngsters he had seen in a while, and that his hatred and dislike towards other people were perfect features for an assassin.
The man offered Victor a chance exact his vengeance on other people, and to put his skills in the shadow to use. Victor agreed.

The next years the man taught Victor how to fight, how to embrace the shadows even better, how to get rid of people without being detected, and the secrets of different poisons. It was duting one of the lessons with poisons that Victor spilled some corrosive liquid on his face so that it became horribly scarred for the rest of his life.
Despite this accident, Victor learned the craft of an assassin quickly, and even seemed to like what he was doing.

When he turned 18, he got his first mission of assassination. It was a merchant who had somehow angered the assigner enough for him to ask Victor to take this man's life.
It was an easy task, Victor snuck into the merchant's house with ease during the night, and slit his throat. Before Victor left the house, he took the ring from the merchant's hand to prove the deed done. He returned to the assigner, who was glad that Victor accomplished it with such skill.

After this, he left to journey south towards Tilea, as he had heard bits of gossip and other talk that he decided that his skills would be needed there. He traveled around Tilea completing assassinations here and there, finally building some fame for himself as a trustworthy assassin, and also learning the tongue in the process.

Years later, only recently he had been given a task to assassinate a lesser noble in Pavona. The task was a simple one, he would just have to sneak in unseen, find the living room and smear some poison on the noble's favourite pipe. However, everything did not go as planned.
After the deed was done he headed through the library to get out, but it was then he heard someone else in the room. Without a moment's thought, he drew his blade and attempted to kill the person where he stood. Surprisingly the other man dodged and threw Victor off his feet onto a table, smashing it.
He then turned to run, but Victor managed to grab his leg so that he fell over. It was here when Victor noticed that it was no man but a woman he was fighting with. He attempted to stab the woman once again, but a quick kick redirected it to his own stomach.
Fresh blood quickly pulped from the wound, but Victor knew better than to remove the dagger, as it slowed the bloodloss a bit.
He then saw some people enter the room, and while his vision blurred he noticed some guards restraining the girl and dragging her off.
The next thing he remembered was when he woke up at some man's house, with his wounds tended.

The man was the same who had given Victor this task, a noble named Navioro. Victor was amazed to find himself at this man's house, and asked why he had saved Victor's life. Navioro only answered with a grin that this previous mission was only a test to see if Victor was worthy for another mission he had in mind.
Surprisingly, the man knew all the details of Victor's mission, and seemed to be pleased. "After you have rested and when your wounds have healed, I have something for you."

----------------
S.P.A.M

Spirit: 2
Sense of danger: Victor's inner mistrust in everyone and the type of his job have given Victor a skill to sense when something with bad intentions is near ~1(3)

Physical: 3

Agility: 4

Light weapon fighting: Victor has been trained to use the dagger and short swords to deadly effect in combat ~2(6)

Subtlety: As an assassin and a former thief, Victor is capable of sneaking in the shadows unseen and unheard. ~2(6)

Sleight of hand: Having been teached to do this, Victor is capable of moving small objects unseen, pickpocket people and generally good at using his hands swiftly and unseen ~1(5)

Counterattack: Victor is a very agile person, his musclular build meant more for speed than strength, and learned to fight that way, he is able to dodge incoming blows with relative ease and then retaliate with a quick stab ~2(6)

Mental: 3

Knowledge (and use) of poisons: As an assassin, Victor knows how to combine different ingredients to create deadly poisons and how to use them in defferent situations ~2(5)

Human anatomy: Victor knows human anatomy so that he might strike at the most vulnerable parts of the human body to cause the most damage possible. This is also useful when wounded and trying to give first aid. ~2(5)
Dwarven gravitational theory states that enough ale will make anything fall down.
Kithail

#83 Post by Kithail »

Damn, wait for me, I'll post tonight!
Lethalis

#84 Post by Lethalis »

Dude, even I posted. That's pretty much a deadline to go by :P
Andruillius
The Fool

#85 Post by Andruillius »

Yeah, if you're posting after Leth, or even Mel, you're pretty damn slow :P ;)
[quote="Raneth"]
Mel'Reyna

#86 Post by Mel'Reyna »

Shhh I'm getting better! (I think >.> )
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/Mel_Reyna/rogue-sig2.jpg[/img]
Lethalis

#87 Post by Lethalis »

Yeah, next you'll be turned into a newt.
Andruillius
The Fool

#88 Post by Andruillius »

Is there any interest in a live session during the Christmas vacation? The idea would be to do a fight in one night, and not in several weeks which is the usual result of these turn-based RPGs. We'd spend an evening on playing in the chat or something, and I'll write up a short report in the thread afterwards.

This is just an idea I got, and I want to hear if there's any interest in it.
[quote="Raneth"]
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#89 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Yup. I'd just need a date and time in advance to let you know if I can make it. Should be able to...
Falsegods

#90 Post by Falsegods »

I would be interested thought I would need the date a head of time to clear my calender.
[img]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k157/Falsegods824/SluggyBlade.jpg[/img]