Desperate Times - sign up

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Sir Cyris deLonse

Desperate Times - sign up

#1 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

The fires raged.
Frightened eyes gazed upon the ruin that was before them; shadows danced about the world as countless were slaughtered, cities and empires alike were swept aside in a fit of rage as the blood of those who resisted swelled the oceans, drowning those who fled in a sea of crimson. Light attempted to pierce the heavy darkness that threatened to blanket the world but the once shining force could do nothing to stem the consuming black. Billowing clouds marched upon the god's heavenly canvas like a column of soldiers, the harsh elements thundering onto the helpless, death riddled land below.

A single man stood upon a precipice, gazing on in a terrified awe of the destruction that consumed his world. He longed to step forward and plummet to his certain doom, to be welcomed by the cold numbness of oblivion but there was something that held him back, something that told him that despite all the surrounding darkness, he needn't become a part of it.

He could stop this, the voice told him, he could ensure that none of this absolute destruction came to pass. The wheel was moving but it could still be stopped, in the sea of darkness a single light still shone.

"What would you ask of me?" asked the man.

"Everything." Came the reply above the din of chaos. It was a woman's voice.

The man stammered. "I am unsure."

"This is expected. The path that will soon be before you will be treacherous and filled with grief. Your own blood will stain the pages of history."

"Is...is my death certain?"

The woman spoke again. "Of course it is. I tell you this: alone, you can accomplish nothing. Take up the quest, young one, and halt these dooming events."

"How?" asked the man.

"Light and dark have clashed in this world for eons, but both have stubbornly realized that they are of equal strength. If these two forces assault each other for much longer it will surely lead to the destruction of us all. But there is a hope."

"A hope for the side of light?"

The woman seemed to be amused by that comment. "A hope for the side of darkness also. One has been born into this world that fights for neither the side of light nor darkness. Her power will one day reach untold heights and she will be the one who tips the precarious balance. She will either join the cause of darkness, seeing to the certain destruction of this world or she will join the side of light and be its savior...at least for a time. Find the girl and protect her."

"What hope does a mere girl..."

The voice cut the man off. "Travel to Perrache in Quenelles, and act with haste, for malevolent forces are aware of her presence and will seek to turn her to their side."

"I will do as you ask."

The man could almost sense the woman smile. "You will not be alone. Others will come to aid you."

The man nodded, swallowing a lump in his throat.

Then there was a great rush of energy, and the man felt as though he was drowning, he was pulled away from the world of portents and shards of the future and thrown back into reality.

It was then that the knight awoke.

Hey people! Ever since I came here to the site I've participated in quite a few rp's and really enjoyed them and so I thought the time had come for me to try my hand at one.

This rp is set in the world of warhammer, about three years after the Nemesis Crown 'conflict' and focuses on background that is entirely made up and has no backing in any official GW fluff. I did this to allow the story a degree of freedom while not stepping on any toes of existing background. I'm not making up entire empires or tweaking major events, I'm just not working within the realm of existing background.

Okay.. so, there are six character spots in total that I'll be taking (that isnt a definite number and if I like seven characters then I'll take seven or more). This rp will use the SPAM system, and I'm assuming that that doesnt need explaining... if it does, I'll direct you here

In terms of character creation... you can be just about anyone, hell you can even be an ogre if you want. There are a few I wont accept though... them being... any form of Lizardmen or greenskins... also, it would help if your character isnt some absolutely evil bastard... but besides those, feel free to be anyone and everyone, but I would advise you to be relatively 'medium powered' like.. no Teclis type mages or super samurai ninja warriors, vampires are also best left out of this.

And the final ask I have of you when submitting characters is that you give them a reason to be visiting the Castle deLonse in the dukedom of L'Anguille, Bretonnia. This could be through some strange vision or dream that they had or keep having, or an undeniable urging or something equally odd... or you could just be wanting to sneak in and steal something. This needn't affect your character on a whole, just give them a decent reason to be there on this certain night. If it helps, the residents are Cyris deLonse (not me! just my Bretonnian ongoing character), Leon deLonse (his son), Isabella (cyris' wife) and a whole variety of servants and attendents. It is a wealthy and esteemed family within Bretonnian society, great friends and servants of the crown. It overlooks the sea.

Okay, I hope that that wasnt complete rubbish.. I look forward to seeing your characters.

Party Members:

Name: Leon deLonse

Height: 5'11

Appearance: Leon does not fit the stereotypical image of a heroic, Bretonnian Knight. He is not amazingly handsome or extremely confident. He looks far more like his mother than his father, with her same dark blonde hair and shining brown eyes. Leon wears a heavy coat of chainmail under a steel breastplate engraved with the deLonse family coat of arms, over this is a surcoat of quartered blue and white - the colors of the deLonse family. He also wears a regal blue travelling cloak. In battle he dons his ornate Bretonnian helm, which is adorned by a set of antlers taken from the quarry of his first hunt. As per the tradition of the Questing Knights, Leon has laid down his lance now carries to battle a hand and a half sword. If the situation is appropiate, he can wield his blade in conjuction with his shield as well.

Personality: Leon is a thinker and likes to approach situations with a keen and understanding mind, not given to rash decisions or one to let his emotions cloud his judgement. He is kind and understanding and will only carry through with a course of action if he truly believes it to be right. He also has little success with women, many of them finding his company dull. Thus why he is still unmarried at the age of twenty six (the standard age being 19-21)

Background: Born in Castle deLonse, he is the son of an esteemed family. His older brother, Rufus, was killed during the Nemesis Crown crusade by an ord warlord who he rashly challenged. This brought great sadness to Leon as he loved his brother dearly. Now, Leon is the heir to the deLonse family and seeks to uphold that name with honour and loyalty.

Stats:

SPIRIT 3
Kind and compassionate Leon is an understanding man and this open hearted kindness allows him to gain the trust of others quite easily. - 4(+1)

Knight of The Lady As a knight of Bretonnia, Leon is under the gaze of the fair land's goddess, The Lady. Thusly, Leon has demonstrated in a few cases a unique protection against the fickle winds of magic and other threats; be they mundane or mystical in nature, The Lady's blessing may save Leon where those less favoured would fall. 5 (+2)

PHYSICAL 3
Skilled Swordsmen: Being raised and taught by some of Bretonnia's finest swordmasters has made Leon a formidable foe with a blade. 5 (+2)

Horse master: Obviously, as knight of Bretonnia, Leon was taught how to ride a horse as soon as he was physically able and like all of his countrymen, his riding skills are bettered only by the mystical elves. He can fight from atop his mount as well as he can on foot. Leon also knows horses very well, and can tend to their injuries and such if need be. - 5 (+2)

Knightly Amour: No knight of Bretonnia would ever step foot onto a battlefield with a trust suit of armour, and Leon is no exception. +1 wound.

AGILITY 3
Surprising Speed: For a knight covered from head to toe in armour and wielding an apparently cumbersome blade, Leon is surprisingly quick, able to fight with a swiftness that catches many foes off guard. 5 (+2)

MENTAL 3
Tactical knowledge: As a warrior since his teens, Leon has an exceptional knowledge of combat and war, and is thus able to anticipate ambushes and discern a foe's skill and weak points with relative ease. - 4 (+1)

High Intelligence: Leon has always prided himself in his mind. He is a very fast learner and has a masterful grasp of numbers, words and other academic things. He is also quite learned in history and of the culture of other races. 4(+1)

Wounds: 10

Name: Illidan Hellforge

Race: Dark Elf

Sex: Male

Age: Don't know about Elfish years but in comparison he's about 19 now

Profession: Mercenary

Appearance: He has black hair reaching until his shoulders. Blue eyes which look as if they stare straight through you. He has a scar running from his throat to his shoulder from a nasty encounter with an Assasin.

Personality: Illidan prefers talking him out of trouble instead of fighting although he's an experienced fighter. Is pretty kind and nice for the average mercenary and Druchii. Isn't really experienced at being sneaky but he can listen well and he can usually know when someone tries an assasination attempt on him. Illidan is pretty young and has a courage and curiosity which isn't always good for him.

History: Illidan picked up the life of a mercenary at young age. He learned from a retired mercenary living in his town. Because he learned it at a young age he could pick the art up quick. A few years later his mentor told him where to get employment and from that day Illidan started his adventuring. He grew in skill and wisdom with the various missions he took. When he got this opportunity it was just too big to pass.

Weapons: Illidan has a few throwing knives but he mostly uses his two short blades. He always liked to fight with two weapons and after long training he managed to master it.

Armor: He wears black studded leather armor and a dark blue robe. He learned how to dodge and how to block with his two blades.

Skills & Feats:

Spirit 3

Sixth Sense. Illidan has quick reaction to unexpected situations and he likes to call that his Sixth Sense. Those reflexes saved his life quite a couple of times. 2 (5)

Physical 4

Toughness. Illidan limit for pain has increased thanks to the long and hard training with his mentor 2 (6)

Agility 3

Dodging. Illidan has learned how to fight an opponent that's faster then himself by dodging effectively. 2 (5)

Two weapon fighting. By effectively learning how to fight an enemy with two weapons he can fight with an incredible speed. 2 (5)

Mental 2

Higher Awareness. Illidan can hear someone sneaking up on him and he can spot traps easier then some other may. 2 (4)

Cultural Knowledge. Illidan has been to a lot of different cities with a lot of different races and cultures. Thanks to that he knows the right things to say in some situations where others may not. 2 (4)

Reasons for appearing: Illidan was hired by the rich DeLonse family to find and retrieve their son's golden amulet. They lost it when they were out with their personal guard. They didn't want to go searching for it themselves so they hired Illidan. After some trouble by bandits he succesfully retrieved it and he was now coming back to give the amulet back and receive his payment.

Name: Aranel Telemmaite, Swordmaster of Hoeth

Profession: Emissary and Soldier

Appearance: Blond Hair reaching down to the middle of his back, but most of it is in his helmet, and he has bright Green Eyes. He is of a medium build, and his more muscluar tahn ordinary High Elves, due to his extensive training. He has a robe he wears over his armour, and a tall helmet like all swormasters. His armour has a Dark Blue, almost Sapphire, trim.

Personality: A veteran that is Haughty and Noble. He can be kind when he wants to be, but you do not want to get on his bad side, especially if he has his sword at hand. He is more of a follower than a leader, and is loyal to those he serves. He detests Dark Elves, and (If he is accepted) will need to have a close eye kept on him around Illidan.

History: Aranel was born to a High Elf officer and his wife. He quickly got his first sword and began training when he was a young boy. He has fought in many battles against his hated kin, the Druchii. His twin brother was slain when Aranel and his scouting party encountered some Dark Elf Assassins, which Aranel was the only survivor. He is an emissary to the White tower of Saphery, and has been around the world with messages and Offers. In his spare time, he studies mystic lore, hoping to discover the location of Morelion, Aenarions son. However, he has postponed this when he was told that a Dark Elf roamed Bretonnia, and he was dispatched to get rid of him. He finds himself in L'Anguille, where he has sheltered in the castle, waiting for the Druchiis' approach...

Weapons: A greatsword with a Sapphire in it, and a few Runes on it, though they are for pure decoration. He also has a Bow, but prefers to engage enemies close-up.

Armour: He wears Armour of Ithilmar, and a tall Helmet. He wears a cloak and robes cover his armour. The Cloak is white with a Sarathai rune decoration on it.

Skills and Feats:

Spirit: 2+1
Ancient Tomes: (+1) Aranel has read many Ancient tomes during his life, and he has learnt about some Arcnae arts, though he is yet to practise them as He doesn't have much time to dabble in things that are best left alone, bar Teclis and other mages.

Physical: 4+2
Swordmaster: (+2) (6) His training has been hard, and Aranel has honed his body to be in a great shape, being both strong and tough, for an elf.

Battle Scars: (+1) (5) Aranel is an obvious veteran of war, and his scars dig deep, but are covered by his armour.

Ithilmar armour (+1 Wound) Ithilmar is light and strong, and Aranel can even do Acrobatics in it.

Agility: 3+2
Speed of Asuryan: His has been naturally quick, and his opponents have been known to not even notice he has drawn his sword and they are decapitated.

Mental:3+2
Intelligent: (+1) Aranel is Intelligent, thanks to the Lore he has read over his lifetime.

Calm Mind: (+1) Aranel has learnt to keep a calm mind in any situation, helping him focus on the task he is set.

Name: Nahaz Eshil

Race: Human

Weapons: A pair of finely balanced fighting knives. Kept in the best care, and sharpened to a fine point, these knives have claimed more lives that can be counted. However, they are also stolen... He also carries a set of throwing knives, which he collects after each victim has been silenced.

Appearance: Nahaz wears rough woolen clothing across his entire body, and is swathed in a flowing cloak. All his cloths are various shades of brown, grey and black. Around his waist is a fine leather belt, holding his knives. Across his chest and back is looped a long, strong climbing rope.

Nahaz himself is well tanned and has a dark face, often hidden underneath his hood. His body is lean and well muscled, honed over the last 10 years to be the ultimate killing machine,

Armour: None, he's fast enough to not need it (usually).

Background: No one knows where Nahaz was born, though it is rumored to be in Estila. Wherever he was born, Nahaz spent his early years in terrible poverty, stealing food and coin from the pockets of the rich to survive. Soon, his admirable talents where noticed by one of the many assassin guilds around the Old World. There, Nahaz spent 10 years, perfecting the art of killing a murdering. However, Nahaz has a terrible vice; Greed.

This greed has finally cost him, when he stole his Guildmaster's knives. Realizing to0 late what he had done, Narhaz was forced to flee his home. Even after he killed the 2 men sent after him, Nahaz knows that the Guildmaster will never cease his pursuit of his pride and joy.
Now acting as a hired assassin and thief in the lands of the Empire and Brettonia, Nahaz finds himself often being used by rich noblemen of these lands to carry out their whims, be it assassinating an opposition leader, or stealing treasure from an abandoned ruin. On this occasion, Nahaz finds himself in the DeLonse mansion looking to ‘retrieve’ some paintings that were stolen from his clients family long ago, when they fought the DeLonse Family line, long before the current occupants were alive. But as the dwarves will tell you, grudges go along way back

Details

Spirit: 2

Silent Killing: Targets like to surround themselves with guards, who are tasked with rushing to their aid or raising the alarm. An Assassin can do without these complications. 2 (4)

Physical: 4

Two handed fighting: Supremely skilled with the two knives he stole, Nahaz is a whirling daemon of steel in battle, fully capable of killing far stronger and larger opponents, in a flurry of carefully timed set of blows and parries. 2 (6)

Throwing weapons: Many opponents have hoped to kill an assassin out of their striking range with bows and arrows. Most of these people find a knife in their throat. 3 (5)

Agility: 4

Dodge blow: Skilled at evading the most accurate of strikes, Nahaz is able to move like quicksilver in battle, acting like fluid death. 2 (6)

Mental: 2

Hide in shadows: Nahaz can disappear when he doesn't want to be seen, slipping into any available shadows around. 2 (4)

Breaking and entering: Some targets lock themselves in rooms, or want to protect their possessions from would be killers and thieves. But the skill of Nahaz means that the would be assassin IS the assassin. 1 (3)

Name: Dasim Kephet

Race: Human, Arabyan

History: Dasim was a nomad who spent most of his life in the dead lands of Nehekhara. His tribe protected the tombs of the ancient kings, sometimes guiding caravans through the desert. One night, Dasim left his tribe, he had heard the voices of the kings, telling him he must go out into the world. He did not say why, but many assumed he had been tasked with recovering the many artifacts and items of power stolen from the tombs of the priests and kings. Now, he feels himself called to the strange lands of Brettonia, long seen as enemies of his people. Dasim doesn't question the will of the gods as they seem to pull him to the Castle deLonse.

Character: Dasim was a priest amongst his tribe, but his years of wandering have forged him into a capable warrior as well. He uses his skills with a blade, as well as his knowledge of the arcane gathered from the ancient tombs of Nehekhara.

Equipment: Long robes cover Dasim's body and much of his face, as well as patches of scale mail to protect the most vital areas without hindering movement. He carries a thin scimitar-like blade, as well as a pair of short swords. He carries a pack containing medicines and food, as well as his arcane artifacts.

Stats:

Spirit: 4
Djaf's Curse - Calling upon the power of the old gods of Nehekhara, Dasim can curse an enemy, causing them to wither away - 6(+2)
Wrappings of the Tomb Priest - Dasim can use a combination of special medicines and incantations to heal the wounded - 6(+2)
Shield of Ptra - A special incantation calls upon the ancient god Ptra to shield Dasim or his his allies from harm - 5(+1)

Physical: 3
Duelist - Dasim follows the ancient rules of ritual combat. He fights best alone, and challenges his foes to fight him one-on-one, where he can dispatch them quickly and efficiently - 5(+2)

Agility: 2
Swiftness of the Desert Sands - Using the techniques of ancient Khemri, Dasim can move like whirling sand, avoiding blows rather than trusting his armor. - 4(+2)

Mental: 3
Ancient Wisdom - Years among the tombs have taught Dasim to look for hidden clues or arcane secrets that some may miss - 5(+2)
Shrewd Diplomat - His years negotiating among the tribes and caravans of the desert have sharpened his wit and his tongue, Dasim is able to get what he needs from others quickly - 4(+1)

Wounds: 9

Name: Nikoli Relovski

Race: Human (With an elf mother, not relevant except for his aging.)

Appearance: Long black hair to his shoulders, a pair of black glasses (fake can see without mainly for disguise), blue eyes, pale skin, a long black trench coat and a black shirt along with pants and shoes. Two teeth marks from vampires at the side of his neck from an odd life story he would never want to experiance again. Lastly he carries a black cross around his neck at all times.

Weopons: A long sword which handle peaks out the back of his trench coat so he can draw at any time, daggers hidden withen the coat and a bottle vial of poison at his belt. Note: some daggers are in his sleeves...

Stats:

Spirit: 2+2

Call To The Gods
-Nikoli doesn't have any extrodanary magically abilities or sense however he is able to call upon the god to heal some of his allies who are in a critical condition, however he can't raise the dead or regenarte a lost limb.

Physical: 4+4

Swordsmanship
-One of Nikoli's greatest strengths is his fighting prowless. He may not be a magician but when it comes to combat he can pack quiet the dangerous punch. His more favourable weopon is his long sword which he can move around with the grace of a swan and strength of a rhino.

Agility:3+2

Sword Speed
-Nikoli isn't the fastest man out there but he is surely able to move fast enough to get on par with most fighters out there. When it comes to running he is your average man but when it goes around to fighting speed, it seems that his sword is just a third arm he has moving swiftly and getting where it has to be, when it has to be.

Battle Experiance
-Mental awarness is important in combat, if a man is going to run away once he gets demoralized, and panic because his side losing, or the numbers of enemies you will have problems in the line. Nikoli has trained himself to stay calm and analyze his surroundings so that he is one step ahead of his enemy, if the enemy will strike right, he will be left, if the enemy will retreat, he will already have wounded his legs to prevent it.

Reason For Being At Castle deLonse:

-Nikoli has always been with his team every since they first band together when they were young, after the death of his best friends, and the love of his life to a large ambush of orcs he decided he needed to get away from everwhere, so he went to Castle deLonse, the first place he found on the map and without second thought headed there. Without his team he felt like nothing and needed a place to start over, although it would never be the same he just hoped he could find another way, if not he might just put his cold blade to his neck and end it there and join his friends once again, and reunite as the old "8 Angels of Terror." What a corny name they had...

Indepth History:

Nikoli sat at the bar, it had been 41 years but so much happened. A childhood of training to live up to his fathers expectations of becoming part of the Brettonian force. That dream died however when he ran away with his friends to become the "8 Angels of Terror", a highlander group who ambushed caravans and stole from the rich. Those day's were over though, the thrill and adventure all died, well all if it but Nikoli. The vivid image remained in his head, a spear through Ricco's head, the savage orc biting away at Alfred's shoulder while all Nikoli could do was lie there and act dead, hoping the orc's would just leave miraculously, or somebody would save them. But would save them? They had nobody but each other, and now he had no one but himself... The most traumatizing image he had was when 5 of the orcs surrounded him and began charging at once. How did those small brains of theirs let them become so organized? As clubs came down and barbed spikes tore flesh. He shivered thinking about it... Orcs, fiends, lower then the skeletons of the damned... Nikoli remebered Sofi, his love... She was the one who came running back to warn them of the orc horde passing through, although as she ran to them all they could see next was a wave of blood as a stone splattered her skull...The worst day of his life. Now what's left? Nothing but him, what a waste... He looked around wondering why he chose Castle deLonse, next time he should think twice instead of acting so hastily, this place is nothing to him... Maybe he should travel to the elf land and enhance his magic? Although they would likely kill him, not everyone accepts Humans who have the marks of a vampire at the side of their neck... Although it hadn't had an affect on him, it was still there... It was useless to cover with hair, he just accepted it as who he was... A nearly half breed. It's a funny story, the vampire had clung its fangs in right before it took a silver bullet in the back... Alfred saved his life, no blood was sucked or however that transition works, he was lucky to still be human, or maybe he was part vampire, there really is no way to tell... Some vampires can walk in daylight while others can't. Evolution affects everyone who knows maybe vampires are chaning... Nikoli considered himself a full human with exception to his unnatural unaging ability inherieted from his elf mother.. He would live to atleast 150... Well would have if he still was with the 8 Angels, now he didn't want to live till tomorow... Hopefully Castle deLonse will pull out something for Nikoli, maybe it was worth the journey

Name: Thanatos

Appearance: He is a very tall human, with unkempt dirty blonde hair and a week-long beard. He is quite tanned, both from birth and laboring in the sun. He wears a plain leather vest and shorts, and carries a filled backpack, mostly with his armor. He also has a few herbs (roots actually) which cause numbness.

Specifics: 24 years old, 6'5", 240ish pounds

History: Thanatos is from a human tribe along the outskirts of the Empire. In his tribe everyone practiced the art of combat, except for the Shaman and the Shaman's heirs. Each was encouraged to develop their own style of combat, thus many had very unordinary fighting techniques. At the time of apprenticeship there was a large contest held to determine who would have first pick of apprenticeship jobs. Thanatos began his apprenticeship as an herbalist around the age of 15, though he was often sidetracked.

When Thanatos turned 16 he was allowed to attend any of the tribe's meetings. From these meetings he grew to dislike and even despise the Shaman, whom he saw as excessively arrogant. Whenever he expressed his concerns to the other tribespeople, they ignored him or refused to listen. He soon became fed up, and left with his friend Alziheer to explore the Empire. For a while they worked together as both manual laborers and mercenaries. Thanatos was content, but Alziheer wanted to own a business rather than merely work. He married, thus becoming the heir to a general goods store in a town near Talabheim. Thanatos stuck around there for a while, wanting to be around Alziheer, but he left seeing that he and his friend had grown apart.

Since, he has continued his manual labor/mercenary lifestyle. (There's more but I'd like to have it for the RP)

Combat stuff: Thanatos' combat style is very unique martial arts type style, which has adapted to the benefits of living in the Empire. His only armor is angled plates on his forearms, sides, and calves, which are designed to deflect indirect blows rather than take the impact of direct blows. His weapons are attached to the armor on his forearms, as well as strapped to his hands, and extend about an inch past his fist. The weapon on his right hand is a spike, and on his left hand is a blunt 'hammer' about a half inch in diameter. He also carries a falchion for when he isn't equipped.

Personality: Thanatos is often times blunt, and not prone to hiding his emotions or beliefs. His social skills aren't top-notch, owing to his extensive time alone for the past 5 or so years. Very strong willed, and has yet to decide if the ends justify the means. In many ways, he hasn't 'grown up' or developed much since he departed from Alziheer, except for physically of course.

Reason for being at Castle deLonse: Several weeks priorWhile rummaging through his pack looking for a specific herb Thanatos found a letter. It was simple, small, and 'slightly' crinkled from traveling in his mess of a pack. It read simply "Castle deLonse". Thanatos looked hard for any other clue as to who snuck the letter into his pack or what the few words meant, but could find none. A week later he was working as a gravedigger for the . While digging a grave under the tombstone "Erik Potiack 'Travel to the unknown, friend.' " he split in half a hollowed out piece of wood. To his surprise, inside was a map created around two points, which were ajoined by a line marking the way between the two points. One was almost exactly where he was working, the other was a castle in the L'Anguille dukedom of Bretonnia. He quickly stuffed the map in his pocket, and looked around nervously to see if anyone watched him. Of course, nobody was even milling around, not a one. After finishing his work, he collected his pay, and followed the path the map had provided for him. Now Thanatos sits in an inn, downing another ale in nervous anticipation for what awaited him at Castle deLonse the next day. Questions which had weighed on him ever since that damned letter would hopefully be answered, and he couldn't wait.

Spirit: 3

Willful: Thanatos is very ardent about doing what he wants or needs to do, and is very hard to sway from his tasks. 2 (5)

Intimidate: Self Explanatory. 1 (4)

Endurance: Thanatos can perform strenuous exercise for prolonged periods of time. 2 (6)

Brute Force: Thanatos can put some power behind his 'punchs', due to his impressive strength. 2 (6)

Agility: 3

Flexibility: Thanatos has learned how to make sure blows land on his armor. 2 (5)

Quick: Thanatos has developed speed to close the distance with his foes quickly, getting in close where he can shine. 1 (4)

Herbal knowledge: Self explanatory. 2 (4)

Name: Wolfram Falke, often called "Wolf"

Class: Retired Witch Hunter. Adventurer. (see background)

Race: Human.

Appearance: A tall, scruffy-looking man in a long, dirty leather coat. Lots of daggers and pistols stuffed inside the coat, and a large amount of different amulets and talismans dangling from his neck. His chin is covered by an untidy, shaggy greyish beard, and the face carries many scars and the eyes show a lot of experience. He wears knee-high boots with iron reinforcements and a broad-brimmed hat. He is almost always drunk, but despite his walk is tottering his mind is clear.

Personality & background: He is grumpy and silent, but when he speaks his tongue is sharp which has gotten him into a lot of trouble in the past- reasons due to which he had to retire from his job, as his employers in the Colleges of Magic didn't see him much better than the renegades he was chasing. There were rumours that Wolfram had been tainted by Chaos due to too much issues with the rogue warlocks. The Colleges set an arrest warrant on him, and Wolfram left Altdorf swiftly, and has ventured through the Old World ever since. His ventures as a mercenary have brought him from Tilea to Kislev, and from Estalia to Bretonnia, where he has now gotten into the house of a lord known as Cyris DeLonse in hope of an assignment to a mission and perhaps a sip or two of DeLonse's wine.

Stats:

Spirit: (Spirits? Where? Handle me that bottle!)
4, for he has a quite strong personality which is both a good and a bad thing for others.

Bluff: (3)
Wolfram has a swift tongue (at least after a pint or two) and he could bring anyone around with a massive amount of speech leaving the victim dazzled of what just happened and bend to Wolfram's will. Wolfram is also good at inventing different insults.

War wounds: (2)
This is not a positive skill, but Wolfram has many scars and injuries that may disturb him in certain situations.

Gunslinger: (2)
Under Wolfram's coat are stuffed a large amount of pistols from large contraptions designed to blow anything in bits to small assassination guns that can be easily hidden, and he has trained to use them with deadly speed. Accuracy depends on his level of intoxication, but his trigger finger is very sensitive.

Witch Hunter: (3)
Even though he is not very respected, Wolfram has knowledge of witches, vampires and monsters. The ways of killing the renegades are ways that none else could think of, as they come from pure empiric testing and experience. The results may prove surprising when Wolfram reveals his secret weapons.

Name: Mel Reyna

Height: 5'7

Weight: 120 lbs.

Profession: Former bandit / Archer

Appearance: Long, black, wavy hair that falls a few inches past her shoulders; dark brown eyes; her skin is somewhat tanned, giving it a nice bronze color; her face is quite beautiful, but covered by her mask at all times (explained in the background).

Weapons: A fine elven bow that she and her gang had stolen, as well as a pair of long elven daggers.

Clothes/Armor: Dark brown pants, a tight black blouse and black knee-high boots. Her mask represents a white saint on one side and a black demon on the other.

Background: Mel's parents had died when she was only a child, and since then she started getting into more and more trouble, as well as befriending the wrong people. She was involved with a group off bandits, using her looks to lure men into traps where they would be robbed...and sometimes killed.

One night, they were all going about their usual routine to mug another poor soul, probably the richest looking man they'd targeted yet, traveling alone for some reason. Mel managed to get him to an isolated corner of the village that they were in where the rest of the bandits were waiting, but that's when things went wrong.

He laughed when one of the gang members demanded that he hand over all his valuables, threatening to kill him if he didn't cooperate. A few of the bandits tried to attack him, but were knocked back by a magical blast as their would-be victim revealed his true power. They all tried attacking him again as Mel looked on, paralyzed by fear, but were either killed or injured, and those who could still use their legs ran for their lives.

Mel tried to do the same, but the mage easily caught her before casting a curse on her that took away her greatest asset, her looks. He forced a mask on to her face and spoke the words necessary for the spell to take effect, explaining exactly what he had done to her. She would have to wear it until he was convinced that she'd changed and become a good person, and was only allowed to take it off when she was alone. If anyone saw her face while the curse was still active, it would be severely burned by magical flames and leave her completely disfigured, so she had a good incentive to do what the man said, and she wasn't going to risk calling his bluff after what she'd just seen him do to her friends. She begged him to undue it, promising to change if he did, but his only response was to tell her that she had to go to Castle deLonse, and that he would watch her and release her from the mask when she deserved it.

Skills

Dirty Fighting: Having been a bandit, Mel is more concerned with staying alive and getting what she wants, so honor and fairness go out the window. (2)

Bow Mastery: Mel has trained with her bow for several years, and although she still has much to learn, she is already able to shoot many arrows quite quickly, minimizing downtime in between shots. (2)

One Shot, One Kill: When an opponent has his sights set on her, the added pressure only helps Mel as she focuses on dispatching the foe with a single well placed arrow. (2)

Swiftness: Mel is very nimble and agile, allowing her to avoid blows from her enemies or get by certain obstacles. (2)

Stealth: The ability to move without being seen is crucial for Mel, allowing her to reach a good spot from where to shoot from while keeping as far from danger as possible in a fight. (2)

Charming: One of her most dangerous weapons is her charm, and she certainly knows how to use and abuse it to get what she wants. However, she's not confident enough to try working the magic on anyone now that she's forced to wear her mask. (2)
Last edited by Sir Cyris deLonse on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:12 am, edited 13 times in total.
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/Mel_Reyna/Cyris-sig.jpg[/img]
[i][size=75]If this is all a dream, don't wake me up.[/size][/i]
[quote]Now thats funny. Cyris, I knight you 'Sir Witty for the day'.[/quote]
NoOoDLe

#2 Post by NoOoDLe »

Oh I am signing up right now \o/ :) Character will be posted this afternoon or tommorrow :roll:

[edit] Got the spam system right now I think

btw. Sounds very fun Cyris so its not rubbish (I have actualy been waiting for this a long time :D)

Here it is :D I may have been a bit enthausiastic...

Name: Ville Menethill

Race: Druchii Vampire hybrid (explanation later ;))

Age: He looks like he is in the end of his teens by elvish years, though he is a little older by now.

Class: Warlock/ Necromancer

Proffesion: Freelance Adventurer

Character Discription: Ville is one of the nicer Druchii, unlike most of his backstabbing kind. He grew up in Naggaroth, in his teens he leaved the reasonable safety of his home town to see what was beyond the black horizons of the land of darkness. This turned out to be something he remorsed a little but if he had a chance between his current destiny or a other he would chose for this one. Ville is pretty laid back and lets time fly, he doesn't care about time passing by since he will live eternaly anyway... Well eternaly till someone decides he should be put to an end.

Weapon:
Serpent Tongue: this is Ville's only physical weapon, it is a large black hafted scythe (more details in Background :P). It bears a enchantment that binds his durability to the owners life, this means that as long as the owner lives the scythe will endure almost anything, and a enchantment that makes the scythe drink the blood of its victims which si the awnser to Ville's vamparic nature and it usealy satisfeis Ville's bloodlust.

Armour:

- A typical Druchii Sea Dragon Cloak his father gave him when he left the village(I know it is not mentioned in the Background, I wrote the background before I wrote this ^^)
- Some comfort fitting black clothes. (A shirt and trousers)
- Black leather boots
- Black leather gloves extending into bracers

Magick: Ville's magick primarily consists of Death magick and Necromancy, he has some basic healing spells, but only rarely uses them. He carries his book of spell and ingredient's in his left hand. He fitted it with a chain so he can let it hang without losing it.

Skills and feats:

Knack for Magicks: Ville's talent for magick works for him as a sword for a sword master. 2 (6)

Unholy aura: When Ville turned undead he gained an unholy form of magickal power, he likes to call this his unholy aura since it seems to effect his surroundings. 2(8,)

Physical: 2
Warscythe: Ville uses his scythe with great strength in close combat 1(3)

Reflexes: Ville uses his magickal sense of awareness to give him the edge when it comes to close combat. 1(3)

Mental: 4
Unholy intellect: Ville has a talent for dark arts and unholy powers, he uses this for good benefits. 2(6)

Black book: Ville carries his black book around with him, he notes everything importend that he or anyone around him finds out. 2(8,)

Background: Ville had in his opinion a good childhood, he lived in a smal village in Naggaroth, he spended the years of that time studying magicks and alchemy/herb-lore and learning how to fend for himself. He founded that he was pretty talented for the craft, and he learned quick. At the brink of his teens he thought that he should look beyond the black horizons of the land of darkness, so he learned some survival skills in which he became quiet adapt (these include Cooking and healing magick). When he was done he told the village of his departure and left it.
During his travels he made some friends among the human race, he found that if you show interest in their lives and present yourself un-hostile they where good friends and helpfull ally's. But one day he was caught by something he didn't expect, (yes you've quessed it) vampire's, unlike the humans he encountered these vile creatures where hostile even though he seemed fairly unarmed. They took him to they' re settlement and he was held prisoner, he sat they're for about a month with the vampire's trying to break his spirit. Ville endured this torment so long that they where giving it up, they consulted to their last resort. They made him a half vampire hoping that this curse would break him, they released him thinking that he would embrace them soon enough because his friends wouldn't except him back.
Ville thought of this curse as a gift, his unholy powers grew and the necromantic wisdom of the vampire's was passed onto him. He thought it to be wise to return to the friend he last visited to ask him for some advice. When he arrived the sun was about to rise, he realised that he may burn from the light, but he wasen't sure since he was only a half vampire. He knocked on the door and found his still a bit sleepy friend opening the door.
They greeted and he went inside, he sat down and had breakfast before starting to explain the story, knowing it would be better if his friend was awake. After breakfast he explained the whole story, hoping his friend would understand. To his luck he did and he even offered to talk to other friends and maybe have them offer blood in exchange for money, himself included. Ville was glad this turned out the right way and they didn't despise him. That afternoon he tried to walk in the sun, when he stepped outside he saw how pale he had become, he didn't dislike this since dark elves where pretty pale from them selves though he was a little paler then that. Most of the partisans didn't even really notice this, but he was glad he didn't burn though he did feel that the sun was having more of an effect upon him but not enough to be worried off, he didn't really like the sun before he didn't really like it after.
After his stay at the village he continued his travels, his friend traveling with him for they where heading for the great city of brettonia. Ville knew that it would be very handy if he where known by the kings of bretonnia, so he could show other humans that he wasen't going to be hostile against them like most dark elves but that he was a friend of their race and he wanted to have a look in the royal library of the great city. As they entered the city they where holded by the guards, the reason was obvious, Ville was a dark elf and that didn't was something they didn't expect to see.
After being questioned by the guard they decided that someone with higher authority should decide him to stay or not and if his requests where to be heard by the king or that he would be cast away on the spot. After discussing a short while he was escorted through the city his heading clear for he was led into the very hart of the city. He saw the social levels climb untill he ended up in the upper layers of the city where they went into a large hall where he was put in a chamber to await his hearing. After a few minutes he was escorted to a other hall where a small army of guards was positioned.
His heart beated in his throut, where they going to execute him or let him talk to the king... His awnser came soon enough as the king was escorted into the hall by 2 more guards. he recognised the king from the painting that hung in the chamber he was seeted in while he waited.
The king sat down and he was positioned at the other end of the table, about 10 guards between him and the king and about 15 others in the same room. After a brief moment of silence the king asked Ville to explain his purpose in his land and what he wanted, Ville did and he saw the king listen with patience for this was something he didn't see any other day. After explaining and telling his story the king told him Ville could get a signed certificate that told that he was friend of the human race and he was granted with the priviledge of looking for the information he required in the library.
Ville was very pleased to hear this, he was offered a chamber at the palace to stay that night, he gladly accepted this priviledge and he was escorted to the room. He was tired by now and almost emidiatly went to bed. The next morning came as a surprise since he found a entire breakfast placed on the desk next to the bed. After tasting something he thought was wine he found that it wasen't, it was blood, he saw a note placed under the glass and he readed, "Don't be surprised, I had sympathy for your story and thought this would do better then wine or water. ~ a good friend".
After eating the breakfast and drinking his first blood he found himself a very satisfeid being. He packed his stuff and took the tray downstairs to the kitchen. Ville thanked the cook and kitchen staff and then went to the great hall where he found the king sitting at a table. The king gave him the certificate and told him where he could find the library, Ville thanked the king and headed for the library, he hoped he would find what he came for, though it wasen't likely since the brettons weren't masters of the dark arts, certainly not Necromancy which was the thing he searched for.
After looking through the library he held some books in his hand, he was suprised to find that there where some humans that actualy studied Necromancy, after searching the books he found that one book contained all the info from the other books. This thick black book was the one book he didn't put back, but he went back to the hall and found the king still sitting where Ville left him. He asked the king if he could keep the book and the awnser was yes. Ville was very happy about this and he left the royal hold and went to the city where he looked for the most skilled blacksmith for Ville needed a weapon that fitted his purpose of channeling magick through it. First he thought about a staff, since that was common for warlocks and he already had a quality black walking stick carved from one of the dark trees of his homeland. But that seemed dull so Ville thought that it would make a great weapon if he could turn it into a Scythe.
When he finaly found a proper blacksmith he asked if his desire could be done, the smith was fast with his decision when he saw the certificate and told Ville to leave his black walking stick and come back the next day. And so Ville did and returned the next day finding a large black scythe in return, it has upwards spiraling dark steel braces fitted to it's haft ending in a snake's head from which open mouth the base of the blade came.
Ville named his weapon Serpent Tongue and putted some powerfull enchantments upon it, after that he went to the local tavern to think about what to do next. His awnser came soon again since he came to talk with Sir Cyris DeLonse, and he decided that he should travel along with him...
Last edited by NoOoDLe on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Illidan Hellforge

#3 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Hey Cyris I like to sign up. You know how I play as I'm in the Sons of Midnight. ;)

Alright since this will be using the SPAM system too I'm using bits of my Sellswords character. It would be a shame if I didn't use it.

Name: Illidan Hellforge

Race: Dark Elf

Age: Don't know about Elfish years but in comparison he's about 19 now

Profession: Mercenary

Appearance: He has black hair reaching until his shoulders. Blue eyes which look as if they stare straight through you. He has a scar running from his throat to his shoulder from a nasty encounter with an Assasin.

Personality: Illidan prefers talking him out of trouble instead of fighting although he's an experienced fighter. Is pretty kind and nice for the average mercenary and Druchii. Isn't really experienced at being sneaky but he can listen well and he can usually know when someone tries an assasination attempt on him. Illidan is pretty young and has a courage and curiosity which isn't always good for him.

History: Illidan picked up the life of a mercenary at young age. He learned from a retired mercenary living in his town. Because he learned it at a young age he could pick the art up quick. A few years later his mentor told him where to get employment and from that day Illidan started his adventuring. He grew in skill and wisdom with the various missions he took. When he got this opportunity it was just too big to pass.

Weapons: Illidan has a few throwing knives but he mostly uses his two short blades. He always liked to fight with two weapons and after long training he managed to master it.

Armor: He wears black studded leather armor and a dark blue robe. He learned how to dodge and how to block with his two blades.

Skills & Feats:

Spirit 3

Sixth Sense. Illidan has quick reaction to unexpected situations and he likes to call that his Sixth Sense. Those reflexes saved his life quite a couple of times. 2 (5)

Physical 4

Toughness. Illidan limit for pain has increased thanks to the long and hard training with his mentor 2 (6)

Agility 3

Dodging. Illidan has learned how to fight an opponent that's faster then himself by dodging effectively. 2 (5)

Two weapon fighting. By effectively learning how to fight an enemy with two weapons he can fight with an incredible speed. 2 (5)

Mental 2

Higher Awareness. Illidan can hear someone sneaking up on him and he can spot traps easier then some other may. 2 (4)

Cultural Knowledge. Illidan has been to a lot of different cities with a lot of different races and cultures. Thanks to that he knows the right things to say in some situations where others may not. 2 (4)

Reasons for appearing: Illidan was hired by the rich DeLonse family to find and retrieve their son's golden amulet. They lost it when they were out with their personal guard. They didn't want to go searching for it themselves so they hired Illidan. After some trouble by bandits he succesfully retrieved it and he was now coming back to give the amulet back and receive his payment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's one thing about the SPAM system I'm confused about... When I read it I can put 10 additional points in my skills right? It also says I can only add 2 to every stat. That means I can add a total of 8 that way. What happens to the other 2? do they become fate points?
Last edited by Illidan Hellforge on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Mel'Reyna: hehe
Mel'Reyna:i only think about it every 21 seconds
Mel'Reyna: :D[/size]
Sir Cyris deLonse

#4 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

I believe that should be 12 actually....

Illidan, would you mind posting a reason that Illidan is making his way to Castle deLonse?

And I'm glad you dont think its rubbish NoOoDLe. 8)
Illidan Hellforge

#5 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Oh, right forgot about that. I assume it's a rich family? I'll edit that in my first post soon. ;)

And it's not rubbish at all, I like it. :P
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Sir Cyris deLonse

#6 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

Yes sorry... let me add a bit more detail about that...
Aranel

#7 Post by Aranel »

Just so you know, You've used Cerverus in your CD, Illi ;)

Oh! Oh! Me! Me!

Name: Aranel Telemmaite, Swordmaster of Hoeth

Profession: Emissary and Soldier

Appearance: Blond Hair reaching down to the middle of his back, but most of it is in his helmet, and he has bright Green Eyes. He is of a medium build, and his more muscluar tahn ordinary High Elves, due to his extensive training. He has a robe he wears over his armour, and a tall helmet like all swormasters. His armour has a Dark Blue, almost Sapphire, trim.

Personality: A veteran that is Haughty and Noble. He can be kind when he wants to be, but you do not want to get on his bad side, especially if he has his sword at hand. He is more of a follower than a leader, and is loyal to those he serves. He detests Dark Elves, and (If he is accepted) will need to have a close eye kept on him around Illidan.

History: Aranel was born to a High Elf officer and his wife. He quickly got his first sword and began training when he was a young boy. He has fought in many battles against his hated kin, the Druchii. His twin brother was slain when Aranel and his scouting party encountered some Dark Elf Assassins, which Aranel was the only survivor. He is an emissary to the White tower of Saphery, and has been around the world with messages and Offers. In his spare time, he studies mystic lore, hoping to discover the location of Morelion, Aenarions son. However, he has postponed this when he was told that a Dark Elf roamed Bretonnia, and he was dispatched to get rid of him. He finds himself in L'Anguille, where he has sheltered in the castle, waiting for the Druchiis' approach...

Weapons: A greatsword with a Sapphire in it, and a few Runes on it, though they are for pure decoration. He also has a Bow, but prefers to engage enemies close-up.

Armour: He wears Armour of Ithilmar, and a tall Helmet. He wears a cloak and robes cover his armour. The Cloak is white with a Sarathai rune decoration on it.

Skills and Feats:

Spirit: 2+1
Ancient Tomes: (+1) Aranel has read many Ancient tomes during his life, and he has learnt about some Arcnae arts, though he is yet to practise them as He doesn't have much time to dabble in things that are best left alone, bar Teclis and other mages.

Physical: 4+2
Swordmaster: (+2) (6) His training has been hard, and Aranel has honed his body to be in a great shape, being both strong and tough, for an elf.

Battle Scars: (+1) (5) Aranel is an obvious veteran of war, and his scars dig deep, but are covered by his armour.

Ithilmar armour (+1 Wound) Ithilmar is light and strong, and Aranel can even do Acrobatics in it.

Agility: 3+2
Speed of Asuryan: His has been naturally quick, and his opponents have been known to not even notice he has drawn his sword and they are decapitated.

Intelligent: (+1) Aranel is Intelligent, thanks to the Lore he has read over his lifetime.

Calm Mind: (+1) Aranel has learnt to keep a calm mind in any situation, helping him focus on the task he is set.
Last edited by Aranel on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkTyrany22

#8 Post by DarkTyrany22 »

Oh deary I was hoping for another Fantasy style RP as I got an intriguing character idea from reading and thinking about edibles RP. I will be quite busy today, but will hopefully either get it posted tonight after 9ish (GMT-8 ) or early tomorrow morning.

Edit: Oh, a question... what's the relationship between the Empire and Bretonnia?
Jyrus Yenlukhaesrath, High Prince of Tiranoc - 211 Slain; 26/4/6
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/drtjuu.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg1-2z7vn.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/vacfvv.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/b4vh6w.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/phoemze6.gif[/img]
Carvon
Location: Patrolling the mountians of Ulthuan.net as a lol ranger

#9 Post by Carvon »

I'll join! Give me about ten minutes to think of a character

EDIT: Actually I don't think I will, sorry, I'm not really in a roleplaying mood.
[quote="Lord Anathir"][quote="grantmepower"]What are people on that they think "only one shaman can take mushrooms?"
~Grant[/quote]

err Magic Mushrooms ? :D[/quote]
Illidan Hellforge

#10 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Aranel wrote:Just so you know, You've used Cerverus in your CD, Illi ;)
:oops:

I blame the fact that I was copypasting hasty at school. I edited it now. :P

I also added his reason for being there. ;)

Cyris, is my character okay now or do I still need to add more points to his skills/stats?
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#11 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Hey Cryis,

Here's my character sheet - he's an assassin that I've been wanting to use.

As a side note, obviously fluff big-ups a character, so as you ask, he's not the 'super death ninja' it makes him to be, he's average, just like you wanted.

Name: Nahaz Eshil

Weapons: A pair of finely balanced fighting knives. Kept in the best care, and sharpened to a fine point, these knives have claimed more lives that can be counted. However, they are also stolen... He also carries a set of throwing knives, which he collects after each victim has been silenced.

Appearance: Nahaz wears rough woolen clothing across his entire body, and is swathed in a flowing cloak. All his cloths are various shades of brown, grey and black. Around his waist is a fine leather belt, holding his knives. Across his chest and back is looped a long, strong climbing rope.

Nahaz himself is well tanned and has a dark face, often hidden underneath his hood. His body is lean and well muscled, honed over the last 10 years to be the ultimate killing machine,

Looks kind of like this:

Armour: None, he's fast enough to not need it (usually).

Background: No one knows where Nahaz was born, though it is rumored to be in Estila. Wherever he was born, Nahaz spent his early years in terrible poverty, stealing food and coin from the pockets of the rich to survive. Soon, his admirable talents where noticed by one of the many assassin guilds around the Old World. There, Nahaz spent 10 years, perfecting the art of killing a murdering. However, Nahaz has a terrible vice; Greed.
This greed has finally cost him, when he stole his Guildmaster's knives. Realizing to0 late what he had done, Narhaz was forced to flee his home. Even after he killed the 2 men sent after him, Nahaz knows that the Guildmaster will never cease his pursuit of his pride and joy.
Now acting as a hired assassin and thief in the lands of the Empire and Brettonia, Nahaz finds himself often being used by rich noblemen of these lands to carry out their whims, be it assassinating an opposition leader, or stealing treasure from an abandoned ruin. On this occasion, Nahaz finds himself in the DeLonse mansion looking to ‘retrieve’ some paintings that were stolen from his clients family long ago, when they fought the DeLonse Family line, long before the current occupants were alive. But as the dwarves will tell you, grudges go along way back

Details

Silent Killing: Targets like to surround themselves with guards, who are tasked with rushing to their aid or raising the alarm. An Assassin can do without these complications. 2 (4)

Two handed fighting: Supremely skilled with the two knives he stole, Nahaz is a whirling daemon of steel in battle, fully capable of killing far stronger and larger opponents, in a flurry of carefully timed set of blows and parries. 2 (6)

Throwing weapons: Many opponents have hoped to kill an assassin out of their striking range with bows and arrows. Most of these people find a knife in their throat. 3 (5)

Dodge blow: Skilled at evading the most accurate of strikes, Nahaz is able to move like quicksilver in battle, acting like fluid death. 2 (6)

Hide in shadows: Nahaz can disappear when he doesn't want to be seen, slipping into any available shadows around. 2 (4)

Breaking and entering: Some targets lock themselves in rooms, or want to protect their possessions from would be killers and thieves. But the skill of Nahaz means that the would be assassin IS the assassin. 1 (3)

Dunno if this OK, hopefully it is. Get back to me if theres a problem.
Last edited by Prince_Asuryan on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Illidan Hellforge

#12 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

The only thing you miss is a reason to be at the DeLonse family house that evening. ;)
NoOoDLe

#13 Post by NoOoDLe »

I updated my first post with my Character, I hope you like it :) I may have been a bit enthausiastic :roll:

Oh yeah, Fenrir you might have seen this topic by now and don't you dare to steal anything of my character ;)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Amun-Lothain

#14 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Count me in! I wanted a chance to use my character from the Origins RP so I'll modify him to fit.

Name: Dasim Kephet

Race: Human, Arabyan

History: Dasim was a nomad who spent most of his life in the dead lands of Nehekhara. His tribe protected the tombs of the ancient kings, sometimes guiding caravans through the desert. One night, Dasim left his tribe, he had heard the voices of the kings, telling him he must go out into the world. He did not say why, but many assumed he had been tasked with recovering the many artifacts and items of power stolen from the tombs of the priests and kings. Now, he feels himself called to the strange lands of Brettonia, long seen as enemies of his people. Dasim doesn't question the will of the gods as they seem to pull him to the Castle deLonse.

Character: Dasim was a priest amongst his tribe, but his years of wandering have forged him into a capable warrior as well. He uses his skills with a blade, as well as his knowledge of the arcane gathered from the ancient tombs of Nehekhara.

Equipment: Long robes cover Dasim's body and much of his face, as well as patches of scale mail to protect the most vital areas without hindering movement. He carries a thin scimitar-like blade, as well as a pair of short swords. He carries a pack containing medicines and food, as well as his arcane artifacts.

Stats:

Djaf's Curse - Calling upon the power of the old gods of Nehekhara, Dasim can curse an enemy, causing them to wither away - 6(+2)
Wrappings of the Tomb Priest - Dasim can use a combination of special medicines and incantations to heal the wounded - 6(+2)
Shield of Ptra - A special incantation calls upon the ancient god Ptra to shield Dasim or his his allies from harm - 5(+1)

Duelist - Dasim follows the ancient rules of ritual combat. He fights best alone, and challenges his foes to fight him one-on-one, where he can dispatch them quickly and efficiently - 5(+2)

Swiftness of the Desert Sands - Using the techniques of ancient Khemri, Dasim can move like whirling sand, avoiding blows rather than trusting his armor. - 4(+2)

Ancient Wisdom - Years among the tombs have taught Dasim to look for hidden clues or arcane secrets that some may miss - 5(+2)
Shrewd Diplomat - His years negotiating among the tribes and caravans of the desert have sharpened his wit and his tongue, Dasim is able to get what he needs from others quickly - 4(+1)

Wounds: 9

How's that? :D
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
devmapillbomb

#15 Post by devmapillbomb »

That's sad, there's already 7 people, thought if you decided to inclued me I still got you know who waiting in the wings.....
Something worth remembering: if you aren't at a tournament, the only rules you have to follow are the ones that you and your opponent agree upon. Jervis Johnson is not going to swim across the atlantic, run to your house, kick down your front door and insist that you play by the RAW standard..
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#16 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Illidan Hellforge wrote:The only thing you miss is a reason to be at the DeLonse family house that evening. ;)
Ah, thanks.

The information is now up on my original post.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Sir Cyris deLonse

#17 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

Aranel:
Is that alright? Do I need to change anything?

And do leftover Skill points become fate points?
Nope, that looks great Aranel.
And no sorry, they don't. Each character has a single fate point (which can be increased through good rping etc.)
Edit: Oh, a question... what's the relationship between the Empire and Bretonnia?
Empire and Bretonnia get along pretty well, they both want the same thing in the end: defeating the bad guys. They just have different ideas on how to do it... i.e. charging it with a lance or shooting it with a handgun.

The Empire knows that Bretonnia is a source of great strength on which they can always fall back on and Bretonnia knows that the Empire is the only reason they don't bear the brunt of Chaos. Bretonnia also isnt so proud to admit that technology is advancing as most of their navy is armed with cannons and the walls of the city of L'Anguille are lined with them.

Bretonnia has sworn an oath to always ride to the aid of the Empire in its times of need and it has demonstrated this in both the Storm of Chaos and in the War for the Nemesis Crown. Neither could live without the other I believe. They trade quite frequently and rarely do they come to blows (if they do its usually two petty nobles squabbling over something trivial. So, in conclusion, the relationship is a stable, relatively friendly one, with a bit of rivalry between the two.
That's sad, there's already 7 people, thought if you decided to inclued me I still got you know who waiting in the wings.....
Don't be disheartened. I'm accepting people whose characters I like the most, not the first people who post.

Illidan, I would just recommend you look at other people's character sheets. You've got the right idea, your just meant to add the skill points to the abilities, not the stats themselves.

NoOoDLe, I hate to do this but a vampire kind of goes against the 'medium powered' cast of characters I was going for. Vampires, especially in warhammer, are uber powerful. Perhaps you could find someway to tone him down? Or do you have another character lined up?

Everyone, your characters are looking great so far.
devmapillbomb

#18 Post by devmapillbomb »

Sweet :)

Name: John the Traveler

Appearance: He has grey/greenish eyes, light brown/dark blonde hair, tan skin, and a trimed brown beard on his chin. He wears his chain mail shirt, a loose white shirt under his chain mail, a dark brown leather vest over his mail shirt and he wears kaki cloth pants.

Weapons: He has a sword the length of his arm and a blanaced dagger he keeps on the left side of his waist.

Back story: You can read the bio I posted.

States

Very likeable fellow: You can't hate this guy! No matter what he does he has an aura of friendliness that you can't ingore. (this is for like getting info, talken to people at bars and stuffs) 2 (5)

Swordsmen: He fights with his sword and loves it! 2 (5)

Comfortable mail shirt: He wears mail armor and is not encombered by it. (+1 wound) 1 (4)

A strong liver; Yes he does, and he likes to boast about it too.

Dirty Tricks: John learned lots of tricks and technqines when he was young to avoid, steal and cheat his wa out of situations. (this will be used when stealing something, doing a cheap shot thing like stealing, knocking out people, etc) 2 (5)

The lovely ladies' dagger: John got this dagger from a person he can only refer to as "The Lovely Lady". It's his prized treasure and John uses it when preforming his dirty tricks, throwing it, uses it in combenation with his sword. 2 (5)

Shhhneak attack: John is a very good oppertonest. If he gets an opportunity to to a sneak attack he gets a +1 die. 1 (4)

City slicker: He's been to every major city in the world and knows every little detail about them. 1 (4)

11 wounds

John the Young Lad

John the Traveler is a different for is different from most travelers as he is The Traveler. When he was an energetic young lad with bright blonde hair and nice grey eyes he went around the neighborhood and causing, mayhem and chaos for the fun of it. He loved to go into Altdrolf’s down town and steal from and annoy the various shop keeps and merchants there.

One day during harvest season when all the farmers went to town to sell all their surplus crops. John had his eye on this big, red, shiny apple. His friends said that he shouldn’t even think about it since the farmer had a keen eye for all of his crops. John didn’t care, he want it. So he would do everything to get it. He sneaked up to it very slowly. This was very easy for him since he only had to hide a pair of legs. John was a very sneaky child. Once he got close to the apple he waited until the farmer wasn’t looking. The farmer looked away and John reached for his prize.

While this was happening the Emperor and his knightly body guard where marching down the streets of Altdrof showing off the Emperor’s knights. One of the Reiksguard saw John steal the apple. If they where in a slum the knight who ignore it but they where in the down town of Altdrof. He was surprised that no state troops caught him. The knight clad in his shiny armor pointed at John and almost everyone in the city saw the poor kid with the apple he worked so hard to steal it.

The Emperor was embarrassed. His parade was stopped by a little brat! He decided to catch the kid by place no charges to show his mercy in front of his people and so the chase began. John ran for it. He would make for the sewers and hopefully the solders and fancy knights won’t chase him there. They never did catch John that day but that was a chase of his life. He gained lots of respect for the knights. He thought to himself, “I can do much better than that! Why don’t I become one and show them how a real knight looks like!â€
Something worth remembering: if you aren't at a tournament, the only rules you have to follow are the ones that you and your opponent agree upon. Jervis Johnson is not going to swim across the atlantic, run to your house, kick down your front door and insist that you play by the RAW standard..
Ghost

#19 Post by Ghost »

Is this full?? if not then here is the character, if yes then disregard my post and carry on:

Name: Nikoli Relovski

Race: Human (With an elf mother, not relevant except for his aging.)

Appearance: Long black hair to his shoulders, a pair of black glasses (fake can see without mainly for disguise), blue eyes, pale skin, a long black trench coat and a black shirt along with pants and shoes. Two teeth marks from vampires at the side of his neck from an odd life story he would never want to experiance again. Lastly he carries a black cross around his neck at all times.

Weopons: A long sword which handle peaks out the back of his trench coat so he can draw at any time, daggers hidden withen the coat and a bottle vial of poison at his belt. Note: some daggers are in his sleeves...

Stats:

Spirit: 2+2

Call To The Gods
-Nikoli doesn't have any extrodanary magically abilities or sense however he is able to call upon the god to heal some of his allies who are in a critical condition, however he can't raise the dead or regenarte a lost limb.

Physical: 4+4

Swordsmanship
-One of Nikoli's greatest strengths is his fighting prowless. He may not be a magician but when it comes to combat he can pack quiet the dangerous punch. His more favourable weopon is his long sword which he can move around with the grace of a swan and strength of a rhino.

Agility:3+2

Sword Speed
-Nikoli isn't the fastest man out there but he is surely able to move fast enough to get on par with most fighters out there. When it comes to running he is your average man but when it goes around to fighting speed, it seems that his sword is just a third arm he has moving swiftly and getting where it has to be, when it has to be.

Battle Experiance
-Mental awarness is important in combat, if a man is going to run away once he gets demoralized, and panic because his side losing, or the numbers of enemies you will have problems in the line. Nikoli has trained himself to stay calm and analyze his surroundings so that he is one step ahead of his enemy, if the enemy will strike right, he will be left, if the enemy will retreat, he will already have wounded his legs to prevent it.

Reason For Being At Castle deLonse:

-Nikoli has always been with his team every since they first band together when they were young, after the death of his best friends, and the love of his life to a large ambush of orcs he decided he needed to get away from everwhere, so he went to Castle deLonse, the first place he found on the map and without second thought headed there. Without his team he felt like nothing and needed a place to start over, although it would never be the same he just hoped he could find another way, if not he might just put his cold blade to his neck and end it there and join his friends once again, and reunite as the old "8 Angels of Terror." What a corny name they had...

Indepth History:

Nikoli sat at the bar, it had been 41 years but so much happened. A childhood of training to live up to his fathers expectations of becoming part of the Brettonian force. That dream died however when he ran away with his friends to become the "8 Angels of Terror", a highlander group who ambushed caravans and stole from the rich. Those day's were over though, the thrill and adventure all died, well all if it but Nikoli. The vivid image remained in his head, a spear through Ricco's head, the savage orc biting away at Alfred's shoulder while all Nikoli could do was lie there and act dead, hoping the orc's would just leave miraculously, or somebody would save them. But would save them? They had nobody but each other, and now he had no one but himself... The most traumatizing image he had was when 5 of the orcs surrounded him and began charging at once. How did those small brains of theirs let them become so organized? As clubs came down and barbed spikes tore flesh. He shivered thinking about it... Orcs, fiends, lower then the skeletons of the damned... Nikoli remebered Sofi, his love... She was the one who came running back to warn them of the orc horde passing through, although as she ran to them all they could see next was a wave of blood as a stone splattered her skull...The worst day of his life. Now what's left? Nothing but him, what a waste... He looked around wondering why he chose Castle deLonse, next time he should think twice instead of acting so hastily, this place is nothing to him... Maybe he should travel to the elf land and enhance his magic? Although they would likely kill him, not everyone accepts Humans who have the marks of a vampire at the side of their neck... Although it hadn't had an affect on him, it was still there... It was useless to cover with hair, he just accepted it as who he was... A nearly half breed. It's a funny story, the vampire had clung its fangs in right before it took a silver bullet in the back... Alfred saved his life, no blood was sucked or however that transition works, he was lucky to still be human, or maybe he was part vampire, there really is no way to tell... Some vampires can walk in daylight while others can't. Evolution affects everyone who knows maybe vampires are chaning... Nikoli considered himself a full human with exception to his unnatural unaging ability inherieted from his elf mother.. He would live to atleast 150... Well would have if he still was with the 8 Angels, now he didn't want to live till tomorow... Hopefully Castle deLonse will pull out something for Nikoli, maybe it was worth the journey.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ P.S. Sorry for the long character history i just went with what came to mind, the vampire marks are just for back story to show battle experiance, he isn't anything vampire... Just human with the age of his elf mother... Just clearing that up.. So there it is tell me if i had missed anything :wink:
NoOoDLe

#20 Post by NoOoDLe »

@Cyris, uhmm well I dunno much of Warhammer but couldn't I play this character only you and the other count it as less over powered (normal warlock/necromancer stats like everyone else) like: he is a vampire but we don't count him as a vampire but as a normal druchii (with a little vamparic aspect) :roll:

So what I am really saying that: He is a druchii but fluffwise a half vampire/druchii hybird okay?

If else I'll have to think of a whole other char :?
Sir Cyris deLonse

#21 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

NoOoDLe, don't get ahead of yourself haha I still havent picked the list of players... but should yours get chosen I guess I can just play him down.

Now, I'm just waiting on Dark Tyranny's character and anyone else who wants to sign up so I can then start making my final decisions..
Illidan Hellforge

#22 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Sir Cyris deLonse wrote:Illidan, I would just recommend you look at other people's character sheets. You've got the right idea, your just meant to add the skill points to the abilities, not the stats themselves.
Alright understood it now. ;)

People need to do this...
Illidan Hellforge wrote: Agility 3

Instead of this...
Illidan Hellforge wrote: Agility 3 +2

Dodging. Illidan has learned how to fight an opponent that's faster then himself by dodging effectively.

Two weapon fighting. By effectively learning how to fight an enemy with two weapons he can fight with an incredible speed.
I got it. :)

(This is also for other people that haven't corrected that.)
NoOoDLe

#23 Post by NoOoDLe »

Sir Cyris deLonse wrote:NoOoDLe, don't get ahead of yourself haha I still havent picked the list of players... but should yours get chosen I guess I can just play him down.

Now, I'm just waiting on Dark Tyranny's character and anyone else who wants to sign up so I can then start making my final decisions..
I thought you would say that though I ment to say that "if" I get chosen then the what I say would be you know :roll:
DarkTyrany22

#24 Post by DarkTyrany22 »

@Cyris: Oh okay, I was toying with another idea for his reason to be at the Castle for a while but that invalidates it.

Name: Thanatos

Appearance: He is a very tall human, with unkempt dirty blonde hair and a week-long beard. He is quite tanned, both from birth and laboring in the sun. He wears a plain leather vest and shorts, and carries a filled backpack, mostly with his armor. He also has a few herbs (roots actually) which cause numbness.

Specifics: 24 years old, 6'5", 240ish pounds

History: Thanatos is from a human tribe along the outskirts of the Empire. In his tribe everyone practiced the art of combat, except for the Shaman and the Shaman's heirs. Each was encouraged to develop their own style of combat, thus many had very unordinary fighting techniques. At the time of apprenticeship there was a large contest held to determine who would have first pick of apprenticeship jobs. Thanatos began his apprenticeship as an herbalist around the age of 15, though he was often sidetracked.

When Thanatos turned 16 he was allowed to attend any of the tribe's meetings. From these meetings he grew to dislike and even despise the Shaman, whom he saw as excessively arrogant. Whenever he expressed his concerns to the other tribespeople, they ignored him or refused to listen. He soon became fed up, and left with his friend Alziheer to explore the Empire. For a while they worked together as both manual laborers and mercenaries. Thanatos was content, but Alziheer wanted to own a business rather than merely work. He married, thus becoming the heir to a general goods store in a town near Talabheim. Thanatos stuck around there for a while, wanting to be around Alziheer, but he left seeing that he and his friend had grown apart.

Since, he has continued his manual labor/mercenary lifestyle. (There's more but I'd like to have it for the RP)

Combat stuff: Thanatos' combat style is very unique martial arts type style, which has adapted to the benefits of living in the Empire. His only armor is angled plates on his forearms, sides, and calves, which are designed to deflect indirect blows rather than take the impact of direct blows. His weapons are attached to the armor on his forearms, as well as strapped to his hands, and extend about an inch past his fist. The weapon on his right hand is a spike, and on his left hand is a blunt 'hammer' about a half inch in diameter. He also carries a falchion for when he isn't equipped.

Personality: Thanatos is often times blunt, and not prone to hiding his emotions or beliefs. His social skills aren't top-notch, owing to his extensive time alone for the past 5 or so years. Very strong willed, and has yet to decide if the ends justify the means. In many ways, he hasn't 'grown up' or developed much since he departed from Alziheer, except for physically of course.

Reason for being at Castle deLonse: Several weeks priorWhile rummaging through his pack looking for a specific herb Thanatos found a letter. It was simple, small, and 'slightly' crinkled from traveling in his mess of a pack. It read simply "Castle deLonse". Thanatos looked hard for any other clue as to who snuck the letter into his pack or what the few words meant, but could find none. A week later he was working as a gravedigger for the . While digging a grave under the tombstone "Erik Potiack 'Travel to the unknown, friend.' " he split in half a hollowed out piece of wood. To his surprise, inside was a map created around two points, which were ajoined by a line marking the way between the two points. One was almost exactly where he was working, the other was a castle in the L'Anguille dukedom of Bretonnia. He quickly stuffed the map in his pocket, and looked around nervously to see if anyone watched him. Of course, nobody was even milling around, not a one. After finishing his work, he collected his pay, and followed the path the map had provided for him. Now Thanatos sits in an inn, downing another ale in nervous anticipation for what awaited him at Castle deLonse the next day. Questions which had weighed on him ever since that damned letter would hopefully be answered, and he couldn't wait.

Willful: Thanatos is very ardent about doing what he wants or needs to do, and is very hard to sway from his tasks. 2 (5)

Intimidate: Self Explanatory. 1 (4)

Endurance: Thanatos can perform strenuous exercise for prolonged periods of time. 2 (6)

Brute Force: Thanatos can put some power behind his 'punchs', due to his impressive strength. 2 (6)

Flexibility: Thanatos has learned how to make sure blows land on his armor. 2 (5)

Quick: Thanatos has developed speed to close the distance with his foes quickly, getting in close where he can shine. 1 (4)

Herbal knowledge: Self explanatory. 2 (4)

Finished: Completed Personality section and finished skills.
Last edited by DarkTyrany22 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:28 am, edited 11 times in total.
Jyrus Yenlukhaesrath, High Prince of Tiranoc - 211 Slain; 26/4/6
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/drtjuu.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg1-2z7vn.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/vacfvv.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/b4vh6w.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/phoemze6.gif[/img]
Ghost

#25 Post by Ghost »

It's a great story and a lot of interesting characters, it will be interesting to see who is able to make the cut, best of luck to everyone :wink:
NoOoDLe

#26 Post by NoOoDLe »

That's it right? everyone that wants to be in has written it's character right? :roll:
Amun-Lothain

#27 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Just a heads up, if I get chosen, I won't be able to post until Sunday. We can just say I show up late or something. :P
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
Draknir Reaverblade

#28 Post by Draknir Reaverblade »

Here's a character of mine.

Name: Wolfram Falke, often called "Wolf"

Class: Retired Witch Hunter. Adventurer. (see background)

Race: Human.

Appearance: A tall, scruffy-looking man in a long, dirty leather coat. Lots of daggers and pistols stuffed inside the coat, and a large amount of different amulets and talismans dangling from his neck. His chin is covered by an untidy, shaggy greyish beard, and the face carries many scars and the eyes show a lot of experience. He wears knee-high boots with iron reinforcements and a broad-brimmed hat. He is almost always drunk, but despite his walk is tottering his mind is clear.

Personality & background: He is grumpy and silent, but when he speaks his tongue is sharp which has gotten him into a lot of trouble in the past- reasons due to which he had to retire from his job, as his employers in the Colleges of Magic didn't see him much better than the renegades he was chasing. There were rumours that Wolfram had been tainted by Chaos due to too much issues with the rogue warlocks. The Colleges set an arrest warrant on him, and Wolfram left Altdorf swiftly, and has ventured through the Old World ever since. His ventures as a mercenary have brought him from Tilea to Kislev, and from Estalia to Bretonnia, where he has now gotten into the house of a lord known as Cyris DeLonse in hope of an assignment to a mission and perhaps a sip or two of DeLonse's wine.

Stats:

Spirit: (Spirits? Where? Handle me that bottle!)
4, for he has a quite strong personality which is both a good and a bad thing for others.

Bluff: (2)
Wolfram has a swift tongue (at least after a pint or two) and he could bring anyone around with a massive amount of speech leaving the victim dazzled of what just happened and bend to Wolfram's will. Wolfram is also good at inventing different insults.

War wounds: (2)
This is not a positive skill, but Wolfram has many scars and injuries that may disturb him in certain situations.

Gunslinger: (2)
Under Wolfram's coat are stuffed a large amount of pistols from large contraptions designed to blow anything in bits to small assassination guns that can be easily hidden, and he has trained to use them with deadly speed. Accuracy depends on his level of intoxication, but his trigger finger is very sensitive.

Witch Hunter: (2)
Even though he is not very respected, Wolfram has knowledge of witches, vampires and monsters. The ways of killing the renegades are ways that none else could think of, as they come from pure empiric testing and experience. The results may prove surprising when Wolfram reveals his secret weapons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was hard to find a man with as underhanded, sneaky, unrespectable reputation as Wolfram Falke had, and Wolfram Falke liked his reputation. He leant to the railing of the Richter and sipped from his dirty rum bottle. The Richter was a mercenary ship, unregistered in the archives of the Empire, and that was the reason why Wolfram liked to use it. It's captain Abner Liliencron was Wolfram's closest friend-a-like.

"Why do you want to go to Bretonnia?" Abner asked from the ex-witch hunter. Wolfram didn't answer, but took along gulp from the bottle. The evening was dark, but the sea was calm.

"Coin, wine and women, is it?"

Wolfram stayed silent.

"The bretonnian women are not even pretty. The only ones that are worthy to lay eyes on are holy virgins of some sort." Abner said and walked next to Wolfram and leant to the railing.

"Why is it then?" Abner asked.

"I haven't been there yet. I have been ordered to be hanged in everywhere else. Now, if you please, let me get drunk alone." Wolfram said.

The Richter glided towards the coast. A castle could be seen on the cliffs. The DeLonse castle. Wolfram didn't know what interested him in that castle, but he desperately wanted to find out. He was about to take a sip from the rum bottle, but growled angrily when seeing that the bottle was empty and grumpily threw the bottle into the dark sea.
Last edited by Draknir Reaverblade on Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/Draknir/Draknir_sig.png[/img]
Mel'Reyna

#29 Post by Mel'Reyna »

Name: Mel Reyna

Height: 5'7

Weight: 120 lbs.

Profession: Former bandit / Archer

Appearance: Long, black, wavy hair that falls a few inches past her shoulders; dark brown eyes; her skin is somewhat tanned, giving it a nice bronze color; her face is quite beautiful, but covered by her mask at all times (explained in the background).

Weapons: A fine elven bow that she and her gang had stolen, as well as a pair of long elven daggers.

Clothes/Armor: Dark brown pants, a tight black blouse and black knee-high boots. Her mask represents a white saint on one side and a black demon on the other.

Background: Mel's parents had died when she was only a child, and since then she started getting into more and more trouble, as well as befriending the wrong people. She was involved with a group off bandits, using her looks to lure men into traps where they would be robbed...and sometimes killed.

One night, they were all going about their usual routine to mug another poor soul, probably the richest looking man they'd targeted yet, traveling alone for some reason. Mel managed to get him to an isolated corner of the village that they were in where the rest of the bandits were waiting, but that's when things went wrong.

He laughed when one of the gang members demanded that he hand over all his valuables, threatening to kill him if he didn't cooperate. A few of the bandits tried to attack him, but were knocked back by a magical blast as their would-be victim revealed his true power. They all tried attacking him again as Mel looked on, paralyzed by fear, but were either killed or injured, and those who could still use their legs ran for their lives.

Mel tried to do the same, but the mage easily caught her before casting a curse on her that took away her greatest asset, her looks. He forced a mask on to her face and spoke the words necessary for the spell to take effect, explaining exactly what he had done to her. She would have to wear it until he was convinced that she'd changed and become a good person, and was only allowed to take it off when she was alone. If anyone saw her face while the curse was still active, it would be severely burned by magical flames and leave her completely disfigured, so she had a good incentive to do what the man said, and she wasn't going to risk calling his bluff after what she'd just seen him do to her friends. She begged him to undue it, promising to change if he did, but his only response was to tell her that she had to go to Castle deLonse, and that he would watch her and release her from the mask when she deserved it.

Skills

Dirty Fighting: Having been a bandit, Mel is more concerned with staying alive and getting what she wants, so honor and fairness go out the window. (2)

Bow Mastery: Mel has trained with her bow for several years, and although she still has much to learn, she is already able to shoot many arrows quite quickly, minimizing downtime in between shots. (2)

One Shot, One Kill: When an opponent has his sights set on her, the added pressure only helps Mel as she focuses on dispatching the foe with a single well placed arrow. (2)

Swiftness: Mel is very nimble and agile, allowing her to avoid blows from her enemies or get by certain obstacles. (2)

Stealth: The ability to move without being seen is crucial for Mel, allowing her to reach a good spot from where to shoot from while keeping as far from danger as possible in a fight. (2)

Charming: One of her most dangerous weapons is her charm, and she certainly knows how to use and abuse it to get what she wants. However, she's not confident enough to try working the magic on anyone now that she's forced to wear her mask. (2)
Last edited by Mel'Reyna on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/Mel_Reyna/rogue-sig2.jpg[/img]
Sir Cyris deLonse

#30 Post by Sir Cyris deLonse »

Okay people, sorry to keep you waiting... but I wanted to make sure everyone who wanted to try out got a chance. Now, there is no easy way to do this so I'll just list the successful entrants.

- Illidan
- Aranel
- Draknir Reaverblade
- Amun Lothain
- Mel Reyna
- Ghost
- DarkTyranny22
- Prince Asuryan

To those who didn't make it, sorry but your characters just didn't fit into the chemistry of the group I wanted. I may have your characters put in a cameo later in the story but don't hold me to that.

To those who did, congratulations! I hope this rp is successful and I would ask that you all at least make a teeny tiny committment to it... I would prefer not to be waiting days and days for replies. :P

Okay, so all you need to know before you start is that it is night, and everyone has gathered at Castle deLonse.

Enjoy.

Oh, and I'll post my character's background and stats in my first post in this thread... beware, its going to be a long one...

Oh and this is the basic look of Castle deLonse... just imagine the banners are blue and white.