Forum going offline Monday/Tuesday

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

Forum going offline Monday/Tuesday

#1 Post by Ricold »

Hello, long time no see!

Just briefly in case anyone doesn't recognise me, I'm Ricold, I originally installed the forum software we're currently using. Have been a Loremaster, gave that up years ago.

About three weeks ago, the Loremasters asked me to help updating the forum software. I did so (a few people noticed that the site went into maintenance for a few hours), but this has not been a complete success. Thus more work is required, and this will be a larger undertaking.

So I will be taking the forum offline at some point tomorrow. I guarantee the forum will be up for the next 24 hours, to give everyone fair warning. With all luck, the site should be off line for no more than about 42 hours or so (late Tuesday night GMT+1). However, there are no guarantees, because it's been years since I've had to do work like this. The site home page will be up, and hopefully I'll be able to get this message posted there, as well as updates, but there will be no forum access. If it all goes badly, we could be offline for anything up to about 10 days. I hope not.

If anyone has any bugs to report besides the white screen after posting or PMing, please leave a comment on this thread, and I'll try and make sure it is seen to while I work.

As always, questions and comments are welcome.
Ricold, Not site owner any more, largely absent. PM me if you want me. PM Prince of Spires if you need the head Loremaster.