Reinforcements have arrived

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Giladis
The Merlord

Reinforcements have arrived

#1 Post by Giladis »

A pair of messenger ravens soared through the sky, dancing on thermals, their quarry located somewhere to the south. Strapped to their feet were a pair notes, the conclusions of the grand council of the Loremasters of Hoeth. News had reached the White Tower that in Elthin Arvan the ‘round ones’ were upon the warpath once again and the council would need eyes on the ground. Heroes ad scholars from the kingdoms and beyond were tested and most were found wanting, but a pair proved to have the qualities needed for the task at hand.

As morning gave way to noon one of the raves made a quick turn and descended at breathtaking speed towards the shores of Yvresse. Amids the foam of crashing waves, upon a rock, stood a warrior of divine skill. A hundred times he had marched against the foes of Ulthuan and a hundred times he was victorious, yet his heart was not content. Immortality played upon his thoughts and he sought to hear the wail of the Banshee hoping it would grant him the prize legends spoke of. Unperturbed by the chaos of the sea the black bird landed on his shoulder gently pecking at the warrior’s ear until it was noticed. The message was unfurled and elegant runes brought a smile to his face. The council of Hoeth had summoned him, duties he would perform, deeds shall be done, foes will be vanquished and one step closer to immortality he would be.

The sun was setting behind the Annulii beyond the Sea of Dreams, as the second bird approached what looked like a rainbow given form, a coastal town of serene beauty. There upon the highest tower a lady reclined upon a divan flanked by pair of grey charcian lions, as grey as the eyes of their mistress. Many a book of sorcerious lore was scattered around the room as the lady pondered on the meaning of the approaching raven. The black bird swooping from the gloom of the east, could only be a portent of dire news. With a flapping of wings the dark guest entered the room and perched itself upon the statue of Morai-Heg. The lady unfurled the message and a tear rolled down her cheak, not a tear of sorrow but one of joy, the council has summoned her. As she walked out of the room thinking of the future the lions gave a mournful roar and from the statue the raven spoke “Nevermore!”

Due to the needs of the site and in order to keep an eye on the insidious and thieving Dwarfs the Loremaster council has decided to strengthen the ranks of the site administration.

Jimmy and Aicanor have been risen to the rank of Herald and rdghuizing has been promoted to a Loremaster.

Congratulations all, may your wits stay sharp, your mood jovial and your rule just!

On the behalf of the Loremaster council

Admiral Giladis
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

Re: Reinforcements have arrived

#2 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Congratulations folks. Now get to work.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#3 Post by Elithmar »

Good to see some more active members being made heralds/loremasters. I think they deserve it too. :)
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#4 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

HaHa~ congratulations guys, now that you've risen to power don't go inactive on us okay?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
RE.Lee

#5 Post by RE.Lee »

Congrats guys! =D>
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Aicanor
Rainbows

#6 Post by Aicanor »

Ruerl Khan wrote:Congratulations folks. Now get to work.
On my way to Hoeth. Thanks, and of course, looking forward to meeting Rod and Jimmy on my way. :wink:
That messenger raven was heralding an unexpected turn of events for me, but I certainly intend to be around for some while and do what I can as any Asur would.

PS:Got soundly beaten by "the round ones" yesterday by the way. So yes, I definitely need to keep an eye on them.
Jimmy
Centurion

#7 Post by Jimmy »

Thanks chaps.
Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
NexS

#8 Post by NexS »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:HaHa~ congratulations guys, now that you've risen to power don't go inactive on us okay?
+1
Regards,
Brad
------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53518&start=0]Visit The Nexs-Files Conversion/Painting Log[/url]
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#9 Post by Ferny »

Nice one guys. Just seen Jimmy's name newly up in Green :mrgreen:
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
fireblade

#10 Post by fireblade »

Congratulations!!!
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/afbeelding1b0f4.png[/img]
Nachri, Subcommander of the Vengeance of Vaul
11/15/8 (5 massacres), kills 227
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#11 Post by Prince of Spires »

Muahaha... Power!! It's all mine, mine I tell you. My own, my precious...

O wait, wrong universe.

Anyway, still on my way to world domination. Step 2 is in place. 2 to go.

(in case anyone is wondering, the steps are:
1 become a herald
2 rule Ulthuan (and yes, I know Eldacar is still here...)
3 ???
4 World domination

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
NiallCampbell

#12 Post by NiallCampbell »

Congrats guys, you've all helped me on my way to HE Glory so it's well deserved :mrgreen:
Follow me on Twitter! @NiallJC1984
A Skaven Army Diary: [url=http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_UnderEmpire/topic/8904892/1/#new]All Tunnels Lead to Skavenblight[/url]
A High Elf Army Diary: [url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49666]The Glittering Host[/url]
Iluvatar

#13 Post by Iluvatar »

Hey, congratulations to the three of you! Dedication is rewarded, and that is fair. May Ulthuan.net live long days under your moderation and administration!
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#14 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Just to point out an error of fluff; Jimmy is a proud Chracian, he even named his heir after the Kindgom, he is not a lord of the Yvressii.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#15 Post by Prince of Spires »

He was on a campaign. Traveling around and all that ;)

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#16 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

It would read better if the Raven found him on a mountain top looking over his wild lands ^_^
Aicanor
Rainbows

#17 Post by Aicanor »

Real life is not that full of epic moments. ;)
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#18 Post by Ruerl Khan »

rdghuizing wrote:Muahaha... Power!! It's all mine, mine I tell you. My own, my precious...

O wait, wrong universe.

1 become a herald
3 ???
4 World domination

Rod
I'm here too. And so is my axe. Now, be a good boy and serve as long as I did and I might be nice and appoint you as a regional govenor of some of the smaller provinces. You get to stay there not on account of how many high elves you kill but rather on how much money you can bring me from taxing the high elves.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#19 Post by Prince of Spires »

Ruerl Khan wrote: I'm here too. And so is my axe. Now, be a good boy and serve as long as I did and I might be nice and appoint you as a regional govenor of some of the smaller provinces. You get to stay there not on account of how many high elves you kill but rather on how much money you can bring me from taxing the high elves.
You do have a fair bit of DE in you...

I think we're slowly approaching the point were we'll have to settle this as real men. You and me, at dawn, with a table full of little plastic dolls.

Although, thinking about it, I'm not a morning person. So evening would be better for me.

;)

Rod

Check out my plog

Voodoomaster
High Cartographer

#20 Post by Voodoomaster »

Ruerl Khan wrote:
rdghuizing wrote:Muahaha... Power!! It's all mine, mine I tell you. My own, my precious...

O wait, wrong universe.

1 become a herald
3 ???
4 World domination

Rod
I'm here too. And so is my axe. Now, be a good boy and serve as long as I did and I might be nice and appoint you as a regional govenor of some of the smaller provinces. You get to stay there not on account of how many high elves you kill but rather on how much money you can bring me from taxing the high elves.
The Godfather's are all still here though

Congrats
[img]http://www.ulthuan.net/archive/images/Lore4.jpg[/img]
[size=117][color=blue]"There are many wonders to the world, one being the world itself" Loremaster Hlaeitryn, High Cartographer to the Phoenix King.[/color]

[color=red]"The Slaaneshi have their Anointed, Khaine has me" Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine [/color][/size]
wisetiger7

#21 Post by wisetiger7 »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:Just to point out an error of fluff; Jimmy is a proud Chracian, he even named his heir after the Kindgom, he is not a lord of the Yvressii.
Kinda off topic, but I play basketball with a guy named Tresean (tray-shawn). For some reason, when you said Chracian, it immediately clicked.

Back on topic, Congrats guys!
thelordcal wrote:Or he uses his big a$$ banner pole as a great weapon...
wisetiger7 wrote:That's what she said.
Asurion Whitestar wrote:I would normally delete such an off topic post, but this is just too good. Classic..!! :)