Location Forum

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Th3_5had0w_K1ng

Location Forum

#1 Post by Th3_5had0w_K1ng »

Just wondering if there is a 'location' type post on this forum? I know that a lot of you prominent members know where each other are from but what if there are users on this website that could be playing with others from this website?

I realize 'location' is an optional thing under profiles (even though no one really uses it right. I'm not really on Mt Olympus... or am I? :twisted:).

What if a post was created looking for other local players? Has a system already been established that I don't know about? What is the best way of going about finding new players in local areas (aside from hobby shop visits)?
"Looking into the steely eyes of his foes, Kolgar felt his blood run cold.
There was no fear upon the faces of the Elves, only ruthless determination.
With a silent prayer to Khorne, Kolgar hoped the Blood God was with him."

**RETIRED FROM WARHAMMER FANTASY 2015. END TIMES.**
The Silly Dragon

Re: Location Forum

#2 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I don't know if there is any posts on this matter but essentially whats stopping you from posting your location here (your REAL location! :lol: ). Its in off-topic so mods and such can't really complain what is posted here as long as its not rascist and blah blah.

I think finding local players is hard outside of the local stores but maybe in some free ads in newspapers would help? If not then yes the internet is probably the best option here. A more diverse website like those of Facebook may yeild better results as there more people and all you have to do is put in your profile that you play warhammer and your location and then wait for a response.

If it helps i live in Kent that is the South East of England. More precisly Faversham. Now if anyone is nearby from this website i would happily meet up for a drink and some games sure!
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Th3_5had0w_K1ng

#3 Post by Th3_5had0w_K1ng »

Good point. Might as well post here and see what happens.

I live in Southwest Florida, USA (Naples, Tampa, Cape Coral). Anyone in the area... PM me.

Edit: "Faversham?" lol that's a LOTR sounding shire if I ever heard one. lmao :lol:
"Looking into the steely eyes of his foes, Kolgar felt his blood run cold.
There was no fear upon the faces of the Elves, only ruthless determination.
With a silent prayer to Khorne, Kolgar hoped the Blood God was with him."

**RETIRED FROM WARHAMMER FANTASY 2015. END TIMES.**
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

We'ev had people before looking for games. They normally post a message in the warhammer fantasy forum asking if people are around and looking for a game. You can also PM someone if you see they're close (or find out trough their posts). And there are a few topics in warhammer fantasy where people have introduced themselves:
Introduction topic
Meet the members of Ulthuan

You could always start there with an introduction and ask for a game. We've got people from all over, so someone might react to it.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
The Silly Dragon

#5 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Th3_5had0w_K1ng wrote:Edit: "Faversham?" lol that's a LOTR sounding shire if I ever heard one. lmao :lol:
On a sunny day with the fields of green grass in all directions it sometimes does feel like a Shire. I don't feel like a Hobbit though unless i don't shave my feet for a while! :lol:
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]