Is The Word Christmas Politically Correct?

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Thrilmamir

Re: Is The Word Christmas Politically Correct?

#1 Post by Thrilmamir »

Here is how I see it, it is the holiday season for many religions. If you are Christian wish me Merry Christmas; Jewish, wish me Happy Chanukah; Pagan, Happy Winter Solstice.... Unless you live in a country that will kill you for your religious beliefs, people shouldn't be concerned with being politically correct. I personally take no offense by whatever greeting a person gives me.
~Milliardo~

#2 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

That's entirely too reasonable - it'll never catch on.

Merry Saturnalia! Let's all get naked! :3
Allerion
Librarian

#3 Post by Allerion »

Im atheist. What do i say, happy "lets celebrate something that has no proof behind it" day?

no, I say "Merry christmas" because its the thought that counts. All this PC bullshit really gets old after a while. Hell, other people that are atheists that know Im an atheist have said merry christmas.
Let's all get naked! :3
im ok with that
Excited for TOW
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#4 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Allerion wrote:Im atheist. What do i say, happy "lets celebrate something that has no proof behind it" day?

no, I say "Merry christmas" because its the thought that counts. All this PC bullshit really gets old after a while. Hell, other people that are atheists that know Im an atheist have said merry christmas.
Let's all get naked! :3
im ok with that
After doing some research, I think I might be a Satanist....??!! :shock:
Please do the research first before you criticize.. [-o< , it's not what you think.!
But I still say Merry Christmas in the same way.

I also need to apologize to Thrilmamir here, this thread started as a spamming, but I've banned the OP bot and deleted the works of it, and thought I'd leave the view of Thrilmamir and for us to add to it as well.

This got Off Topic fast.. You see what I did there.. ;)
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#5 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

This PC BS can f*** right off. I won't call it Christmas if whomever I'm talking to is doing nothing for the holidays - i.e. doesn't treat it like a holiday. If they do, it's the Christmas holiday and they have to accept the religious connotations surrounding it.

And if it's Hanukkah, I'm sorry, but I don't think of that around this time. But I wish a Jew merry Christmas, and they respond that for them its Hanukkah, I'll wish them a happy Hanukkah.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Allerion
Librarian

#6 Post by Allerion »

Asurion Whitestar wrote: Please do the research first before you criticize.. [-o< , it's not what you think.!
What am I criticizing?
Excited for TOW
Mentheus of Caledor

#7 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

Asurion Whitestar wrote: Please do the research first before you criticize.. [-o< , it's not what you think.!
Quite true. Being a satanist is nowhere near as bad as people make out. It's not all "making pacts with demons" and all that junk. It's simply a perspective on life. Doesn't mean that you go around killing people and crucifying them and whatnot. Strangely enough, of all the religions, I would actually say that satanism is the one which is the cause of the least amount of deaths through the ages. Just something to think about :)
"They thought we had all but died out, but as we take to the skies our foes will tremble with fear, for they will know the True Dragon Princes have returned."
Meif

#8 Post by Meif »

Indeed, hail seitan! :mrgreen:
[quote="EricJ"]I guess Swedes are just a tad more gay than your average European.
And Finns a tad more masculine.[/quote]
Th3_5had0w_K1ng

#9 Post by Th3_5had0w_K1ng »

I say Happy Wintereenmas even though its about a month after December 25th. Who cares what you celebrate? It's all about having a good time right?

Edit:
"Looking into the steely eyes of his foes, Kolgar felt his blood run cold.
There was no fear upon the faces of the Elves, only ruthless determination.
With a silent prayer to Khorne, Kolgar hoped the Blood God was with him."

**RETIRED FROM WARHAMMER FANTASY 2015. END TIMES.**