Post image

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Mandrall

Post image

#1 Post by Mandrall »

Hi guys!

How do you post image or picture right in the forum? I have read the FAQ about how to post image but I still don't get it. I would like to post a few image on my high elves.

/ Mike
Spartan

Re: Post image

#2 Post by Spartan »

Find the url of the image (you can find it by right-clicking on the image and then clicking Properties). Copy/paste that into your post, highlight it, and then click the "Img" button (you'll see it right above the field where you type your post). Then you're good to go!
[i]"To contemplate letting the alien, the heretic or the traitor win just to save a few million lives is the worst kind of heresy, because it is clad in the mantle of good intentions."[/i]

"I am Aenarion's heir, not Aenarion himself. My fate is my own."
-Tyrion, Champion of the Everqueen
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#3 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

If it's an image from a camera, you need to upload the image to a website like Photobucket, then follow Spartans advice.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Mandrall

#4 Post by Mandrall »

Prince_Asuryan wrote:If it's an image from a camera, you need to upload the image to a website like Photobucket
Does it work if I upload images directly from facebook? As I have put the images on my high elves there.
Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

#5 Post by Ricold »

Facebook is a bitch, you'd be better using either photobucket or flickr.
Ricold, Not site owner any more, largely absent. PM me if you want me. PM Prince of Spires if you need the head Loremaster.
NoOoDLe

#6 Post by NoOoDLe »

Facebook can work. If you copy the image address you can put that between the usual [img ][ /img] brackets and it usually works. However, your mileage my vary. Cause sometimes it works and sometimes it goes ape.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
NightHawk45

#7 Post by NightHawk45 »

I've been trying to post a photo from flickr:

[img}http://www.flickr.com/photos/77061344@N ... tream{/img]
of course with the proper brackets in them, but all I ever get is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77061344@N ... hotostream

I'm aiming for having the picture show up on the website, but am running into difficulty.
It may be because I am linking to the flickr page and not the picture. However, I can't really figure out what I need to put in there. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Thanks!
Sturen

#8 Post by Sturen »

I can't speak for flickr specifically, but in photobucket when you look in your album there is a share thingy, mouse over it and a menu drops down. There are a variety of options, and the one that starts Image

Which looks like this: [ img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7191/6903 ... 8c29_b.jpg[/img]
Edit:
Flickr FAQ wrote:The direct link to a photo file is no longer shown on the page. Per the Flickr Community Guidelines "pages on other websites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr." Linking directly to the photo file doesn't do this.
Flickr doens't seem to want you doing this but... click zoom, then view all sizes, then right click "open image in another tab/window". The URL of this page is your link. This is for mac anyway, I assume properties would work too? Having said that, this method should work for FB, and half the time it doesn't.
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Loki17

#9 Post by Loki17 »

I think the problem you're having is that you're not getting the image link. Make sure you right click on the picture and click view image, the url should be one that ends in .jpg

[edit] or some other appropriate picture file ending, but most likely .jpg
[quote="Prince_Asuryan"]What if I want someone with the body of a ten year old boy[/quote]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31971&hilit]DING DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAAAAD![/url]
NightHawk45

#10 Post by NightHawk45 »

@Sturen, @Loki17
Thanks so much. I got it working for my blog now!! I appreciate it very much!