Minor downtime

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

Minor downtime

#1 Post by Eldacar »

As those of you who might have been unable to access the site today probably noticed, Ulthuan was down for a few hours. If you do notice that it happens to be down, feel free to contact any Loremaster who happens to be online (most often via MSN) to inform them - we don't sit around F5 on the forum index religiously, after all, so things do need to be brought to our attention from time to time. I promise that none of us will bite your heads off if you make us aware of a problem. While the more technically-minded Lores are Burning Sun and Voodoomaster, if neither are available (be it because of time zones or any other reason), then Bob of Yvresse/Beleriand, should he be online if none of the other Loremasters are able to do anything about the issue, is able to get in touch with me fairly easily.

~Eldacar
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

Re: Minor downtime

#2 Post by Burning Sun »

Further to this, I've doubled the automatic reboots the server does. So at 0000UTC and 1200UTC the server will automatically reboot, and be unavailable for a few minutes.

I welcome people to add me to MSN if they wish. My MSN address is ourburningsun at the googlemail com. My activity is variable and subject to my real life. Some days I have one, most I don't.
[size=90]Ex-Loremaster, despite what some of the profile may say, I can't edit it any more. Contact one of the others for issues.

Whaia e koe ki te iti kahurangi; ki te tuohu koe, me maunga teitei - Maori Proverb
(Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain)[/size]