Site downtime - ALL USERS READ

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

Site downtime - ALL USERS READ

#1 Post by Burning Sun »

This is related to the site upgrades:

Having got everything damn near working, I now give you warning that the forums will be taken offline some time Monday next week. This will be to archive the forums and install the new phpBB3 forums.

I'm not expecting the upgrades to take more than a single day, however the forums could well be offline for up to a week.

So, to repeat:

These forums will not be lost, they will be saved for reading only.
The new forums will contain only threads last updated in the last month, and a few others.
If you think a thread is worth saving, PM me or reply here, with a link and reason.

While the site is offline, I will try my best to keep some degree of news coming in to the blog so you have an idea what's going on. I can also be contacted via email or MSN (ourburningsun at googlemail com for both)

As always, questions or comments welcome.
[size=90]Ex-Loremaster, despite what some of the profile may say, I can't edit it any more. Contact one of the others for issues.

Whaia e koe ki te iti kahurangi; ki te tuohu koe, me maunga teitei - Maori Proverb
(Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain)[/size]
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

#2 Post by Burning Sun »

This is a bump to ensure everyone knows that this will be happening some time the day after tomorrow.
[size=90]Ex-Loremaster, despite what some of the profile may say, I can't edit it any more. Contact one of the others for issues.

Whaia e koe ki te iti kahurangi; ki te tuohu koe, me maunga teitei - Maori Proverb
(Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain)[/size]
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

#3 Post by Burning Sun »

When you discover that you can't post because everything is locked, this is deliberate. I'm starting to prune the forum and get it ready for converting. There are things I can't do while the site is actually offline though, so I've locked down the site, and no-one is to post here until I am finished.

We could still be a couple of days here, you'll have to bear with me.